Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

AZOrange said:
Really? We got 3 guards in the lottery in the last 3 years. If he wants to go to the league he'll come here.

Three? MCW and Ennis (maybe lottery). Who's the third?

Maybe he wants to win a a national title. Napier won two and Kemba Walker, who is a greater pro than Ennis will ever be, won one.

I don't wan't to seem like a UConn fan, but those are the facts.

Maybe he wants to win a a national title. Napier won two and Kemba Walker, who is a greater pro than Ennis will ever be, won one.

Ever hear of a guy named Dion Waiters? He was drafted as the 4th overall pick in the lottery! How soon we forget!

Waiters. Dem facts.

"Kemba Walker is a greater pro then Ennis will ever be'

That's a ridiculous statement. Sorry but that's not a "fact"

emeraldde said:
"Kemba Walker is a greater pro then Ennis will ever be' That's a ridiculous statement. Sorry but that's not a "fact"

Just an opinion.

Can't the same be said with Jim Boeheim and Mike Hopkins? We don't know how long Jim Boeheim is going to coach, he is on the older side, and Mike Hopkins is interviewing for jobs two years in a row after the season.

UCONN is a serious contender for Battle. No ifs and buts about it... This title and their guard oriented offense is a recruiters dream. Now Tyus did take in our 2/1 Duke game in front of 35k. I challenge him to go to a UCONN hoops game next year that has such buzz. Especially with Louisville gone. This is where UCONN will really feel the pressure. Ollie is obviously a great coach and probably recruiter, but its like selling Cuse football, vs the southern states. It's an uphill battle, right from the get go. The title runs them up that hill, however.

Waiters. Dem facts.

2008 - #28 Donte Green SF
2009 - #6 Johnny Flynn PG
2010 - #10 Wesley Johnson SF, #38 Andy Rautins SG
2011 - None
2012 - #4 Dion Waiters, PG , #22 Fab Melo C, #51 Kris Joseph SF
2013 - #11 Michael Carter-Williams PG

3 (Ennis possible 4) Guards in Lottery in 6 years.
4 Guards drafted

2008 - #28 Donte Green SF
2009 - #6 Johnny Flynn PG
2010 - #10 Wesley Johnson SF, #38 Andy Rautins SG
2011 - None
2012 - #4 Dion Waiters, PG , #22 Fab Melo C, #51 Kris Joseph SF
2013 - #11 Michael Carter-Williams PG

3 (Ennis possible 4) Guards in Lottery in 6 years.
4 Guards drafted

I think Wes went fourth.

I think Wes went fourth.

He was only a guard in the eyes of David Kahn.

Edit: My bad, didn't notice that he had him listed as the 10th pick lol. Thought you were saying Wes was another guard we've had in the lottery.

HeaterCuse22 said:
2008 - #28 Donte Green SF 2009 - #6 Johnny Flynn PG 2010 - #10 Wesley Johnson SF, #38 Andy Rautins SG 2011 - None 2012 - #4 Dion Waiters, PG , #22 Fab Melo C, #51 Kris Joseph SF 2013 - #11 Michael Carter-Williams PG 3 (Ennis possible 4) Guards in Lottery in 6 years. 4 Guards drafted
Lol. Totally forgot about Flynn. 5 years is a lifetime ago.

Ohio St and Virginia to see Tyus Battle next week

Kansas now going full in on Battle as well

Ohio St and Virginia to see Tyus Battle next week

Kansas now going full in on Battle as well
Don't you just love it when newbies have 1 good season after being down for 30 years and then think they're in with the big dogs? (That's you UVa). We were in solid and early with him but unfortunately he has blown up too big too soon...which is not good for us.

Winning this recruitment battle will launch us to the upper tier of basketball programs in my opinion.

We get Battle, along with the strong '15 class... we'll be insane.

Trueblue25 said:
Winning this recruitment battle will launch us to the upper tier of basketball programs in my opinion. We get Battle, along with the strong '15 class... we'll be insane.
this will launch us? Lol

this will launch us? Lol
I don't even know if that will do it. Even if we win the next three NCAA championships I don't think we'll be an elite program. And obviously JB will still not know what he's doing.

this will launch us? Lol
will help*
my bad.
And Syracusian we're not an elite program, we're not on the same level as programs like Duke, UK, Kansas, UNC etc. etc.

It's not a bad thing, but to disagree with that is just ignorance.

will help*
my bad.
And Syracusian we're not an elite program, we're not on the same level as programs like Duke, UK, Kansas, UNC etc. etc.

It's not a bad thing, but to disagree with that is just ignorance.

I think Syracuse is an elite program. Maybe not a blue blood? Is that what you are getting at?

Tyus Battle will play for TeamSCAN NY on the AAU circuit this spring

Same AAU team that Chris McCullough played for

Team Scan (Tyus Battle) played CIA Bounce (Jamal Murray) last night in Sacramento, Ca. in the EYBL opener and almost every big time school or head coach was there to watch EXCEPT Syracuse

Lavin, Hoiberg, Michigan St., Kansas, Miami, Minnesota, UCONN, Buzz Williams, Alabama, Jamie Dixon, Calipari, Pastner, Thad Matta, Louisville, Florida and Duke

Team Scan (Tyus Battle) played CIA Bounce (Jamal Murray) last night in Sacramento, Ca. in the EYBL opener and almost every big time school or head coach was there to watch EXCEPT Syracuse

Lavin, Hoiberg, Michigan St., Kansas, Miami, Minnesota, UCONN, Buzz Williams, Alabama, Jamie Dixon, Calipari, Pastner, Thad Matta, Louisville, Florida and Duke
C VS C

Hop is in Sacramento so I find it hard to believe he missed the matchup of 2 of our most coveted 2016 prospects unless he was at another game there that coincided (maybe watching 2015 Diagne who probably has a quicker commitment timeframe than the '16 guys). If that's the case though I'm surprised we didn't have more than 1 guy out there, but it's also possible that he was there and just not reported or seen by whoever was tweeting/reporting it.

This is the time period every year when we find out or priorities by seeing who the coaches hound and watch for every game and tends to lead to a commitment at some point in the summer ie. Joseph, Ennis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom