Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

Hop is in Sacramento so I find it hard to believe he missed the matchup of 2 of our most coveted 2016 prospects unless he was at another game there that coincided (maybe watching 2015 Diagne who probably has a quicker commitment timeframe than the '16 guys). If that's the case though I'm surprised we didn't have more than 1 guy out there, but it's also possible that he was there and just not reported or seen by whoever was tweeting/reporting it.

This is the time period every year when we find out or priorities by seeing who the coaches hound and watch for every game and tends to lead to a commitment at some point in the summer ie. Joseph, Ennis

Hopkins was not in Sacramento but Red Autry was there

Team Scan (Tyus Battle) played CIA Bounce (Jamal Murray) last night in Sacramento, Ca. in the EYBL opener and almost every big time school or head coach was there to watch EXCEPT Syracuse

Lavin, Hoiberg, Michigan St., Kansas, Miami, Minnesota, UCONN, Buzz Williams, Alabama, Jamie Dixon, Calipari, Pastner, Thad Matta, Louisville, Florida and Duke
I saw another writer not list Red for the Diagne game. These guys just don't know him. Guarantee he was there.

I definitely saw something that said Syracuse was watching CIA bounce, not sure if it was the game against Team Scan

Hopkins was not in Sacramento but Red Autry was there
True. I know for a fact Hop was in Syracuse last night, attending the Cuse Awards...

sutomcat said:
True. I know for a fact Hop was in Syracuse last night, attending the Cuse Awards...

Timing. The game being talked about was last week. He may have been there and returned Saturday for the ball.

Tyus Battle to Visit Michigan, Duke; Adds Wake, Maryland Offers

Duke has also stepped up its involvement for the 6-foot-5 Gill St. Bernard’s guard, with special assistant Jon Scheyer taking over his recruitment.

“Duke was in contact with us and now we’ve gotten in contact with them,” Gary said. “I know Coach K and [Jeff] Capel as well as Scheyer were at one of his games [in Sacramento with Team Scan], I think maybe his last game. They really like him and they want to stay involved with him.
--
“They want to get him on campus on the 28th [of June], so I’m considering going out on the 28th. They have some kind of alumni thing on campus.”

Gary added it’s “pretty likely” that they will visit Duke then.
--
Battle will also visit Michigan June 6.

“I’ve talked to coach [John] Beilein, he’s looking forward to seeing him,” Gary said. “He’s seen him play a couple times. They like his versatility and his ability to play multiple guard spots, handle the ball, defend it.”

Gary said neither Duke or Michigan “normally would not offer until June 15 because of the academic component where they want to have two years of grades.”

Last edited:
Only one word comes to mind when watching that clip, effortless.

Dude just makes it look so simple, so easy, like he's not even trying. Can't wait to see him in Orange.

Coach Cal aboutmto turn up the heat on his recruitment according to Zags, predictable but annoying

Coach Cal aboutmto turn up the heat on his recruitment according to Zags, predictable but annoying
Annoying indeed but what's great about the 2016 class is that it's looking to be very deep in talent as far as guards are concerned. So we'll be fine if we miss out on him even though he would be a terrific get for us.

All the big money interests will be on top of Battle. Murray is the better play...and 98% as good.

Beating Kentucky would give me more satisfaction than beating G Town or Uconn at this point.

I can't imagine anyone that bleeds Orange wants to read that. We haven't faired very well against the squid. Young, Noel, Davis and Dakari have gone blue. If Tyus doesn't commit early than our chances get slimmer. We are REALLY good at targeting early and getting commitments. When it's late and drawn out...it just almost never happens. Maybe Francis or someone with better knowledge can explain why. Thanks in advance.

I can't imagine anyone that bleeds Orange wants to read that. We haven't faired very well against the squid. Young, Noel, Davis and Dakari have gone blue. If Tyus doesn't commit early than our chances get slimmer. We are REALLY good at targeting early and getting commitments. When it's late and drawn out...it just almost never happens. Maybe Francis or someone with better knowledge can explain why. Thanks in advance.
Other teams have more room under their cap to close better late than us I guess lol.:noidea:

Tyus Battle to Visit Michigan, Duke; Adds Wake, Maryland Offers

Duke has also stepped up its involvement for the 6-foot-5 Gill St. Bernard’s guard, with special assistant Jon Scheyer taking over his recruitment.

“Duke was in contact with us and now we’ve gotten in contact with them,” Gary said. “I know Coach K and [Jeff] Capel as well as Scheyer were at one of his games [in Sacramento with Team Scan], I think maybe his last game. They really like him and they want to stay involved with him.
--
“They want to get him on campus on the 28th [of June], so I’m considering going out on the 28th. They have some kind of alumni thing on campus.”

Gary added it’s “pretty likely” that they will visit Duke then.
--
Battle will also visit Michigan June 6.

“I’ve talked to coach [John] Beilein, he’s looking forward to seeing him,” Gary said. “He’s seen him play a couple times. They like his versatility and his ability to play multiple guard spots, handle the ball, defend it.”

Gary said neither Duke or Michigan “normally would not offer until June 15 because of the academic component where they want to have two years of grades.”

Are special assistants allowed to recruit? If Scheyer isn't a real coach how can he contact a recruit? Duke cheats just like the rest!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom