Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

Are special assistants allowed to recruit? If Scheyer isn't a real coach how can he contact a recruit? Duke cheats just like the rest!
Maybe he's filling in while they replace Wojo like Resavy did when Boeheim was at the Olympics.

@AdamZagoria
Kentucky, Duke, UConn, Villanova, Ohio State & Indiana are in regular contact with @kidmamba23, his dad tells @SNYtv. Visits Michigan tom

I wonder if Cuse is backing off?
JB probably wants to avoid the...
original.gif

Tyus Battle (5 star ESPN):
Battle is ranked as the top shooting guard in the 2016 class by many recruiting sites. He is a great shooter, which helps set up his improving ability to attack the rim. He is a good athlete, with the ability to develop into a solid defender and great overall offensive force. He is highly sought after by college coaches, with offers including Louisville, Syracuse, Indiana, Villanova, UConn and Ohio State. Battle would be an immediate starter at Wake Forest. He would be one of the top scorers as a freshman and would make a big impact right away. Unfortunately, his plethora of top offers makes him extremely unlikely to chose Wake Forest. It would be a great steal for Danny Manning, but do not expect it to happen.
http://www.bloggersodear.com/2014/6...016-shooting-guards-tyus-battle-josh-langford

Battle and father really glowing about Michigan post-visit on some insider articles on Scout. Obvious caveat of the post-visit afterglow (and it being a Mich writer) but worth noting given some of the quotes. Him and Derryck Thornton talking about teaming up together.

I will never understand how these kids (Briscoe and Battle) go from almost committing as sophomores to not even acknowledging the program anymore. At least in this case Battle has more interest from the likes of Louisville and UK etc.

I will never understand how these kids (Briscoe and Battle) go from almost committing as sophomores to not even acknowledging the program anymore. At least in this case Battle has more interest from the likes of Louisville and UK etc.
100% agree. At least it seems Battle is increasing his stock with the big boys. I can appreciate that. But Briscoe? So glad the staff doesn't want that trouble. I still have a shred of faith left in Battle, but not sweating him either way. Couple of nice options in Murray, Washington etc.

God, I'm starting hate UK more than G'Town. Calipari is a total sleaze, and so is Pitino for that matter. At least JT3 is a respectable coach. Can't believe Slick Rick was once on our bench.Oh Lord

It's gotten to the point where Murray should be our priority, and Battle would just be a gift/bonus w.e.

Murray is the better fit for our team and system, not to say I wouldn't be ecstatic and doing keg stands if Battle committed tomorrow.

100% agree. At least it seems Battle is increasing his stock with the big boys. I can appreciate that. But Briscoe? So glad the staff doesn't want that trouble. I still have a shred of faith left in Battle, but not sweating him either way. Couple of nice options in Murray, Washington etc.
Murray seems like an Ennis clone, but he is racking up offers as well.

Edit: To add, I wonder if it is JB's stubbornness, where as soon as a kid is not all about Cuse he moves on.

Edit: To add, I wonder if it is JB's stubbornness, where as soon as a kid is not all about Cuse he moves on.

I can see the resemblance between Ennis and Murray but I think Murray will be much more flexible regarding transition and maintaining a more impressive offensive flow.

It won't be like watching paint dry.

Murray is similar to Ennis as far as being very mature and in control on the court. That's where the comparison ends because Murray is bigger, stronger, and is a much better shooter than Ennis.

Murray is similar to Ennis as far as being very mature and in control on the court. That's where the comparison ends because Murray is bigger, stronger, and is a much better shooter than Ennis.

Francis I am not sure that Murray has the maturity that Ennis had, and that is not a knock against Murray as few freshman college PG's ever did, I would certainly love to add a 6'5 PG at the top of the zone who can create his own shot a la MCW. My question regarding Murray, which may have been answered at some point in time, is how the competition is that he has played against? I know often that competition on the high school level is not viewed necessary as it was in the past due to the amount of play kids get these days on the AAU circuit. Murray was a bit of an unknown 6-8 months ago, was he not playing AAU ball previously? Has/is he planning on playing more AAU ball? Is he planning on going the prep school route at all or is he looking to stay in Canada? Thank you in advance for any insight and all the fine work you do!

I can see the resemblance between Ennis and Murray but I think Murray will be much more flexible regarding transition and maintaining a more impressive offensive flow.

It won't be like watching paint dry.
Thing I like about Murray is I think he's definitely a better outside shooter than Ennis. That said and to be fair, Ennis was always in control. Murray's got a bit more cowboy in him. ;)
Howdy partners, U, S and A!
whats_real_in_borat.jpg

Francis I am not sure that Murray has the maturity that Ennis had, and that is not a knock against Murray as few freshman college PG's ever did, I would certainly love to add a 6'5 PG at the top of the zone who can create his own shot a la MCW. My question regarding Murray, which may have been answered at some point in time, is how the competition is that he has played against? I know often that competition on the high school level is not viewed necessary as it was in the past due to the amount of play kids get these days on the AAU circuit. Murray was a bit of an unknown 6-8 months ago, was he not playing AAU ball previously? Has/is he planning on playing more AAU ball? Is he planning on going the prep school route at all or is he looking to stay in Canada? Thank you in advance for any insight and all the fine work you do!
Thanks for the kind words and it's my pleasure. Murray first came on to the scene nationally last year when he was the leading scorer and MVP of the Jordan Classic International game. He would then lead Canada's U16 team to a third place finish last summer, where he averaged 17ppg if I recall correctly. He plays AAU ball for the CIA Bounce. Same team as Ennis and coached by Ennis's dad. In the recruiting updates thread, I've been posting his stats along with others throughout the spring in AAU ball. His numbers and averages have been better than Battle fwiw. He was recently a standout at a Nike Elite underclassmen camp. Where he stacked up well with the top players in the 2016 and 17 class. He plays his HS ball at a new prep school in Canada, that plays several games in the states. Personally I would eventually prefer him to come over and play against the varsity game in and game out in the states. Overall though he does play against good comp and has always stood out, so fans shouldn't worry about his level of competition.

Weird how Zagoria hasnt listed us as a school involved in his recent articles, he prob knows weve backed off and are focusing on Murray...strange oversight otherwise

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom