Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

God, I'm starting hate UK more than G'Town. Calipari is a total sleaze, and so is Pitino for that matter. At least JT3 is a respectable coach. Can't believe Slick Rick was once on our bench.Oh Lord

Ive already been there, welcome aboard. I remember how disappointed I was when we didnt get to face them in the Big East/SEC challenge after we languished long and hard over one certain recruit who looked like he was attending a funeral when he got to see us take down UConn in the dome.

I don't have much to add that hasn't been said, both players would make a fine addition. With the limited number of spots relative to 2015, the process certainly seems different and a bit more interesting to me. Of course I'm not even content with swinging for the seats. Knowing how our coaches evaluate talent, I'm hoping we can land an upper deck moonshot with one of these 2.

Today's Zags report another reason to forget about Battle...and make a big push on J Murray.

2016 PG Howard Washington out of Buffalo an option as well. Top 60 player in class.

More from Zagoria tonight:

Tyus Battle will visit UConn on Thursday as the Huskies remain one of a handful of schools in the mix for the Battle/Derryck Thornton package we reported on this week.

Kentucky, Michigan and Florida are among the other schools in the mix for the 2016 guards who are friends.
---

UConn coach Kevin Ollie has made the 6-foot-6 Battle a priority, as we reported in April.

Four days after winning the NCAA championship in Arlington, Texas, Ollie was at Gill St. Bernard’s in Gladstone, N.J., to meet with Battle and show his level of commitment.

“It was really special because at the beginning of week, on Monday, our family watched KO and the hungry Huskies cut down the nets,” Gary Battle, Tyus’ father, told SNY.tv then. “It was without a doubt a shining moment for Tyus and me. He showed us that Ty is a priority and that means a lot.”

Ollie spent time on campus and took pictures with players and coaches, just as he did at Roselle Catholic.

“He absolutely loves the kid!” Gill coach Mergin Sina told SNY.tv. “Tyus has talent, work ethic and most important Tyus is a high character kid! You win national championships with kids like that. Tyus is the best player regardless of class in the state and in my opinion will end up being the best player in America very soon. Kid gets better every day. He is a very high priority for UConn.”

More from Zagoria tonight:

Tyus Battle will visit UConn on Thursday as the Huskies remain one of a handful of schools in the mix for the Battle/Derryck Thornton package we reported on this week.

Kentucky, Michigan and Florida are among the other schools in the mix for the 2016 guards who are friends.
---

UConn coach Kevin Ollie has made the 6-foot-6 Battle a priority, as we reported in April.

Four days after winning the NCAA championship in Arlington, Texas, Ollie was at Gill St. Bernard’s in Gladstone, N.J., to meet with Battle and show his level of commitment.

“It was really special because at the beginning of week, on Monday, our family watched KO and the hungry Huskies cut down the nets,” Gary Battle, Tyus’ father, told SNY.tv then. “It was without a doubt a shining moment for Tyus and me. He showed us that Ty is a priority and that means a lot.”

Ollie spent time on campus and took pictures with players and coaches, just as he did at Roselle Catholic.

“He absolutely loves the kid!” Gill coach Mergin Sina told SNY.tv. “Tyus has talent, work ethic and most important Tyus is a high character kid! You win national championships with kids like that. Tyus is the best player regardless of class in the state and in my opinion will end up being the best player in America very soon. Kid gets better every day. He is a very high priority for UConn.”
I know you're just the messenger on this one, Whitey23 but I always appreciate your posts. :)

Id kind of like to link some of those "mid major" threads out of spite. Nice move by KO, seems to have made quite an impression on the family. While I am starting to dislike UConn more than in ages, I've got more respect for them than ever. If that is the way a mid major is run, I'd be more than ok with being a mid major. NCs>bragging about being in a "cool" conference with some teams I can't stand. Maybe as fans we're setting the bar too low and resting on some sort of laurels. Obviously, UConn being in the hunt longer than us on one of our targets has me a bit miffed at the moment.

Kevin Ollie's coaching acumen is now held in such high regard that his name is being mentioned as potential coach for the 2018 Fifa US World Cup team.

Kevin Ollie's coaching acumen is now held in such high regard that his name is being mentioned as potential coach for the 2018 Fifa US World Cup team.

Against Izzo, Calipari, Billy Donovan & Boeheim - Ollie is 7-0 despite not having a more talented (on paper) team or being favored in any of those games.

Against Izzo, Calipari, Billy Donovan & Boeheim - Ollie is 7-0 despite not having a more talented (on paper) team or being favored in any of those games.
Hey, thanks for coming out.
:)

tumblr_mzsfk10cWu1sme1dpo1_1280.jpg

He does and awesome job of squaring and going straight up into his shot. Looks like all the work on his 3 ball is done by the lower body. I can certainly see the Kobe comparisons on those drives and pull ups.

I LOOOOVE a hightlight video without a dunk. Scores in 800 ways and a dunk isn't one. I love when a guy can finish strong at the rim with a dunk, but most of these guys can. I would rather see him making jumps shots off the bounce, off the pass, pulling up in the midrange, hitting a tear drop, taking it hard to the rim and finishing in traffic...the kids is nice, I hope we still have a shot.

Battle just gushing over his planned visit to UK for Big Blue Madness to be followed by a trip to Duke. Cuse shouldn't waste their time here. It's becoming more and more obvious he's totally enthralled with those 2 schools. We need to get on Jamal Murray ASAP. Murray is 98% as good without all the rock star tour drama.

If you want the big boys you need to expect to go up against these schools. Hop has developed a great relationship with Battles and his dad. SU has put too much effort into this recruitment to give up now.

[QUOTE"hoopsupstate, post: 1110353, member: 13"]If you want the big boys you need to expect to go up against these schools. Hop has developed a great relationship with Battles and his dad. SU has put too much effort into this recruitment to give up now.[/QUOTE]

I dont think we just give up but tell him we are set to offer someone else as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom