Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

No timetable. He and his family will just enjoy the process and keep visiting various schools doing their due diligence. I wouldn't expect a decision until his senior yr.
Word. I dont blame him. Why feel rushed. Enjoy the process of being recruited by Coach K, Billy D, and JB

Everyone NEEDS to read this: http://syracuse.At their request, t...9-syracuse-has-visit-with-5-star-battle?s=185

Expect us to be in it until the end, boys.
Coming for an unofficial visit with a tour in just about 12 days. Sweet deal for us. Hopefully we roll out the red carpet. The dome will clearly be as packed as we can get it for FSU.

Francis, obviously it's insanely early to make a prediction about either guy, but the staff believes they have a chance at both or else they wouldn't be going hard after both kids.

What type of realistic chances do we have at Harry Giles and Tyus Battle? Is there any chance in the world that we can actually get both?

Coming for an unofficial visit with a tour in just about 12 days. Sweet deal for us. Hopefully we roll out the red carpet. The dome will clearly be as packed as we can get it for FSU.

Francis, obviously it's insanely early to make a prediction about either guy, but the staff believes they have a chance at both or else they wouldn't be going hard after both kids.

What type of realistic chances do we have at Harry Giles and Tyus Battle? Is there any chance in the world that we can actually get both?
Battle 50%, Giles 20% and that's being very generous for Giles. I think it'll be hard for him to turn Duke down but that's not stopping JB so far.

Battle 50%, Giles 20% and that's being very generous for Giles. I think it'll be hard for him to turn Duke down but that's not stopping JB so far.

So our chances at both would be hovering around 1 in 10. Let's not sugarcoat the fact that grabbing both would be an incredible coup for the program, so a 10% shot is something we can all get behind. Plus if JB thinks he has any kid of legitimate shot to get Giles out of Carolina, he will go at him with everything he's got.

When is Giles planning on making a decision? I have to assume the longer he waits the better it is for us. Also what are our chances of getting him on campus in the near future? Be it midnight madness, elite camp or some other reason? Not to clutter the Battle thread with Giles side info of course.

Biggest question to me is Murray. If there is complete truth to this article, will we not offer Murray altogether? That would be a tough situation and surprising to me. What do you think, Francis?

Biggest question to me is Murray. If there is complete truth to this article, will we not offer Murray altogether? That would be a tough situation and surprising to me. What do you think, Francis?

I think a lot of this depends on whether Murray reclassifies as is the current rumor.

If he goes to 2015 we don't have a chance in my eyes.

Otherwise, I would expect that Murray gets an offer if it feels like Battle is not going our way. I doubt JB would jeopardize losing out on battle by giving Murray a commitable offer before Battle has a chance to tell us he's going elsewhere

If we are only recruiting Battle and no other guards...it's a headscratcher. This type of recruiting has hurt us repeatedly in the past. It's my belief that if we offer Murray we would sign a great combo guard. Maybe the staff is happy with Franklin and are shooting for the stars trying to go all out to land Giles and Battle. But long term recruitments hardly ever favor us. I hope I'm wrong.

If we are only recruiting Battle and no other guards...it's a headscratcher. This type of recruiting has hurt us repeatedly in the past. It's my belief that if we offer Murray we would sign a great combo guard. Maybe the staff is happy with Franklin and are shooting for the stars trying to go all out to land Giles and Battle. But long term recruitments hardly ever favor us. I hope I'm wrong.
There's something else aside from the possibility of Murray reclassifying. Maybe there's something mutual between the staff and Murray we are not privy to? It's possible he fully knows where he stands with the staff and offering, that he might not care until next spring anyway. He might not be ready to decide. After all, he doesn't yet know if he will graduate next summer or the following.

I don't know. I'm not thinking for the staff, but I sure like to guess!

I'd like to take that as meaning that JB has made such a compelling case to Battle that he feels confident that HE'S THE ONE and he'll get a committment.

Everyone NEEDS to read this: http://syracuse.At their request, t...9-syracuse-has-visit-with-5-star-battle?s=185

Expect us to be in it until the end, boys.
I'm just trying to figure out how you got the word s c o u t in your post. It's borderline sixy. :eek:

There's something else aside from the possibility of Murray reclassifying. Maybe there's something mutual between the staff and Murray we are not privy to? It's possible he fully knows where he stands with the staff and offering, that he might not care until next spring anyway. He might not be ready to decide. After all, he doesn't yet know if he will graduate next summer or the following.

I don't know. I'm not thinking for the staff, but I sure like to guess!

If Murray knows where he stands and is willing to wait. Then I'm all in. This seems to be the situation with TB and it might work out. But when the music stops I'd like to be able to grab a seat and not left standing. I'm still fuming over being left at the alter waiting for Kenny and Stephon.....and many others. I just thought we weren't going to put all the eggs in one basket anymore.

I don't know.
c8d.png

For the love of god, if our football team is gonna show up let it be oct 11...
I don't think he's going to pick his school based on the score of a football game. However, the crowd will be huge and jacked up so that will be nice.

So our chances at both would be hovering around 1 in 10. Let's not sugarcoat the fact that grabbing both would be an incredible coup for the program, so a 10% shot is something we can all get behind. Plus if JB thinks he has any kid of legitimate shot to get Giles out of Carolina, he will go at him with everything he's got.

When is Giles planning on making a decision? I have to assume the longer he waits the better it is for us. Also what are our chances of getting him on campus in the near future? Be it midnight madness, elite camp or some other reason? Not to clutter the Battle thread with Giles side info of course.
Would assume he'll make a decision during his Senior year. Getting a visit is the biggest key here for SU to have any shot of landing him obviously. Junior's can't visit officially until Jan 1st and with him being in NC, it won't be as simple as others that live in the Northeast for him and his family to come up and visit unofficially on their own dime. Hopefully he'll set something officially during conference play when the new year begins.

Would assume he'll make a decision during his Senior year. Getting a visit is the biggest key here for SU to have any shot of landing him obviously. Junior's can't visit officially until Jan 1st and with him being in NC, it won't be as simple as others that live in the Northeast for him and his family to come up and visit unofficially on their own dime. Hopefully he'll set something officially during conference play when the new year begins.

Ok good info to have. Hopefully we can get him up here very early in the new year and make a very powerful impression

probably shouldn't post this here, but who's leading giles recruitment? Done highjacking!!

The Murray thing is very puzzling to me. All I know is that he loves SU and Red is very high on him as well. Maybe boss man JB isn't though, but that's just a thought.

Ok good info to have. Hopefully we can get him up here very early in the new year and make a very powerful impression
I remember for years hearing that Wiggins was going to end up at either FSU(where his Father played) or UK, and everybody else was wasting their time. He visited Kansas and that left a big impression on him and basically was the deciding factor of him choosing them. Hopefully the same can happen with Giles when he gets to see the Dome for a game and the beautiful Memo Center.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom