Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

That could very well prove to be true--but JB and Hopkins must like their chances, given that they are all in on Battle as the lone backcourt recruit in the class of 2016. We usually don't try to go toe-to-toe with elite schools like this on prospects very often, and they've got a pretty good "in" with the family.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I hope you're right bro. Given your status on this board as a legend its tough to doubt your insight, but I really do hope that the "in " that JB/Hop have with TB is enough.

Zags blog had an article on Tyus today. Quoted his pops as saying their in touch constantly with few schools. No mention of Cuse, but they talk to Duke everyday. Always thought hed end up there

PauliePeppas said:
Zags blog had an article on Tyus today. Quoted his pops as saying their in touch constantly with few schools. No mention of Cuse, but they talk to Duke everyday. Always thought hed end up there

He'd be coming in two years when Joseph is a junior and Howard is a sophomore.

Can't see it happening.

He'd be coming in two years when Joseph is a junior and Howard is a sophomore.

Can't see it happening.
I'm not saying he's coming to syracuse but I doubt Joseph and Howard are going to scare off Battle. It's not a slight to our guards but Battle seems like a big time player who shouldn't be afraid of competition, and I'm sure Duke will have just as many guards a class or two above Battle.

Francis03 any update here? Are we indeed fading? Who would be our backup options?
We were still one of his main schools just last month from my understanding. Could be that the NCAA situation has made us fall out of favor, but that's just an assumption. I wouldn't go crazy over what's said in public though. Gary Battle isn't going to air every clue and personal insight for the public to know. Still plenty to play out here.

We were still one of his main schools just last month from my understanding. Could be that the NCAA situation has made us fall out of favor, but that's just an assumption. I wouldn't go crazy over what's said in public though. Gary Battle isn't going to air every clue and personal insight for the public to know. Still plenty to play out here.
Thanks, I would have to believe the school would have communicated with the Battles what's coming down then pipeline to ease their tensions

I still think we're in good shape with Battles, but I think our head coach needs to get out on the road to visit with Battles and Bryant. It's always our assistants out on the road along with other school's head coaches. I still remember Mrs Bryant saying it's great to see coach Hop, but coach Boeheim has to be seen too.

So is the Battle situation going to play out like the Tobias Harris situation? As in, is Gary Battle going to be like Tobias's dad through this entire process?

I still think we're in good shape with Battles, but I think our head coach needs to get out on the road to visit with Battles and Bryant. It's always our assistants out on the road along with other school's head coaches. I still remember Mrs Bryant saying it's great to see coach Hop, but coach Boeheim has to be seen too.

Zagoria reported Boeheim called Battle either last night or today. He stated that he is our number one target. Looks like it's full steam ahead with him.

Zagoria reported Boeheim called Battle either last night or today. He stated that he is our number one target. Looks like it's full steam ahead with him.
giphy.gif

Kid Mamba with 22 points, 4 boards and 5 blocks in a 30 point blowout
That's 8 blocks in the past 3 games
And look at the similarity in scores!
70-37
70-34
76-46
GSB should play the lottery. It's a lock, haha.

In the game I went to last year, he had one ridiculous block that drew oohs and ahhhs from the crowd. He has a real knack for that. It's a very underrated part of his game, and unique for a guard. It would really come in handy at the top of a 2-3 Zone defense. Hmmm...

In the game I went to last year, he had one ridiculous block that drew oohs and ahhhs from the crowd. He has a real knack for that. It's a very underrated part of his game, and unique for a guard. It would really come in handy at the top of a 2-3 Zone defense. Hmmm...
Can he teach Kaleb how to keep his hands up constantly in the zone?Kermit like hmmmm.jpg

Can he teach Kaleb how to keep his hands up constantly in the zone?View attachment 35918

I begin to wonder if anyone can. The tag your it when he gets there late lost its humor 5 games in for me. He can't even get his hands above his own shoulders sometimes when he is running over late to contest. It must drive the coaches crazy. What do you say to him, its not even a skill, everyone can do it.

I begin to wonder if anyone can. The tag your it when he gets there late lost its humor 5 games in for me. He can't even get his hands above his own shoulders sometimes when he is running over late to contest. It must drive the coaches crazy. What do you say to him, its not even a skill, everyone can do it.
It's really bizarre because I've never seen anybody play D that way constantly in my life. It's one thing to lack effort or just not have the foot speed and lateral movement to be a good defender, but not raising your hands enough has to be a first. My biggest fear is that this is something that we might see for four year with him which scares the hell out of me.

Francis03 said:
It's really bizarre because I've never seen anybody play D that way constantly in my life. It's one thing to lack effort or just not have the foot speed and lateral movement to be a good defender, but not raising your hands enough has to be a first. My biggest fear is that this is something that we might see for four year with him which scares the hell out of me.
I think hes thinking way too much to play good and make smart decisions that he forgets the simple things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom