Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

Pitino doesn't have a great track record of putting guards into the NBA as first rounders. But given the way his father has gushed over Coach K it's hard to see him not going to Duke IMO.

Pitino doesn't have a great track record of putting guards into the NBA as first rounders. But given the way his father has gushed over Coach K it's hard to see him not going to Duke IMO.

That's where Duke recruiting 2 other PG's and wanting Battle to be a wing player really helps us.

Duke want's Battle for this year's Quinn Cook role. They would rather have Dennis Smith Jr as their point guard.

That's where Duke recruiting 2 other PG's and wanting Battle to be a wing player really helps us.

Early news today is Thornton is looking to reclass to next year, which really makes no difference in the long run IMO.

God we need to win this recruiting battle for...er, well, Battle. There's been so much time and effort put into this kid that if we don't land him, it's going to be heartbreaking. Hopefully the NCAA finally freaking makes a decision on what to do with us, too, so we can know once and for all if that'll impact future teams.

http://.com/syracuse-makes-first-cut-for-tyus-battle/

You really need to get paid for all the info you share here. Its by far the most info anyone has on so many different recruits. And what i love most about you is that you NEVER speculate. Youre a beast and i appreciate everything you bring to the table. King Francis i salute you my friend.
Thanks my friend. I really appreciate it.

albanycuse said:
You really need to get paid for all the info you share here. Its by far the most info anyone has on so many different recruits. And what i love most about you is that you NEVER speculate. Youre a beast and i appreciate everything you bring to the table. King Francis i salute you my friend.
Yeah man Francis is the best in the biz! Love dean!

Francis03 said:
Some interesting notes that Mr. Battle told tos. SU, Ohio St, Notre Dame are recruiting him to play with the ball in his hands. While the others want him as a wing. Remember Team Battle wants PG on the next level. Also this recruitment won't drag out for much too longer. Tyus is pretty much worn out from the process and it's basically heading to the finish line soon.
If the NCAA makes its final decision do you think Battle will? I just don't see how we lose to Michigan and notre dame...

True, but boy is he good at getting those smaller 2gs that can score! Rozier, Russ Smith, etc. Every year I think, if we just had a gunner who can carry us when we stop scoring, we'd be set. UL seems to have that every year.

If the NCAA makes its final decision do you think Battle will? I just don't see how we lose to Michigan and notre dame...
I think that's what they're basically waiting for. If he's tired of the recruiting process and wants to end it soon then you gotta believe that he has his mind set on somewhere. I personally think it's between us and Duke.

I think that's what they're basically waiting for. If he's tired of the recruiting process and wants to end it soon then you gotta believe that he has his mind set on somewhere. I personally think it's between us and Duke.
If the NCAA keeps dragging this crap out and costs us Battle because he gets sick of waiting and sick of the uncertainty, I'm going to Indianapolis to burn that place to the ground myself.

If the NCAA keeps dragging this crap out and costs us Battle because he gets sick of waiting and sick of the uncertainty, I'm going to Indianapolis to burn that place to the ground myself.
I've got the matches and kindling, bro

I would not doubt (sometime conspiracy theorist that I am) that the NCAA is delaying in order to generally screw with SU's recruiting, whether Battle or anyone else.

right on! The NCAA would have to give us a two year ban starting next year, which would be 3 years without the tourney to impact Battle. I can't even imagine the mega lawsuit that would happen if that went down. No way no how!

Good lets get Battle in the fold so we can go get the best player in the country in Giles.

If you get Battle, Giles and Moyer in 2016, I just can't see how that doesn't translate into a very, very deep NCAA run in 2016 given the other pieces we have on the roster.

Looks like Battle and Gill St. Bernard's move on to the Somerset county championship Saturday and will face Ridge. They split the season series, both blowouts with one important distinction. GSB did not have Tyus Battle when they lost their first meeting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom