u of s | Syracusefan.com

u of s

Cusefan78

Negative Nancy
Did I miss a presser saying we changed our name from Syracuse university to university of Syracuse. Seems like every recruit is going to some place called u of s. Maybe the recruiters should tell these kids they are going to su. Hopefully u of s gets two more recruits this week. They could be pretty good in a few years.

Did I miss a presser saying we changed our name from Syracuse university to university of Syracuse. Seems like every recruit is going to some place called u of s. Maybe the recruiters should tell these kids they are going to su. Hopefully u of s gets two more recruits this week. They could be pretty good in a few years.

Chill, bro. All good. These are just youngsters. Coaches will straighten them out as soon as they hit campus; probably a helluva lot sooner.:cool:

Cusefan78 said:

I'm an alum and could care less. Much prefer that the staff likes them and are amped to have them.

4 years to learn the name of the school.

We can run the AL Merola offense, run run run and run some more. I think he passed the ball 4 times a year.

JeremyCuse said:
We can run the AL Merola offense, run run run and run some more. I think he passed the ball 4 times a year.

With you anchoring that defense it's no wonder it was a ball control offense.

Last edited:
JeremyCuse said:

Hey now don't forget he would sprinkle in those 2 pass patterns they always ran at least once or twice a game

I still remember Solvay beating Central Square by about 60 to open the 2000 season. Must have worked to some degree.

I'm an alum and could care less. Much prefer that the staff likes them and are amped to have them.

4 years to learn the name of the school.
"Couldn't care less". If you "could care less" you would, right?

I still remember Solvay beating Central Square by about 60 to open the 2000 season. Must have worked to some degree.

No doubt it worked pretty well a lot of years especially against teams unprepared for it but if he had actually opened up the playbook and incorporated some semblance of a passing game he would have won more then just 1 or 2 sectional titles and probably a couple state championships as well. A lot of really good teams flamed out in the playoffs that should have gone further.

Hey now don't forget he would sprinkle in those 2 pass patterns they always ran at least once or twice a game

LOL so true, any team that really sat down and scouted Solvay in the Merola years would have an exact blueprint of what to expect most games.

With you anchoring that defense it's no wonder it was a ball control offense.

Playing for Westhill there was no better feeling than beating Solvay. AL was a good coach but holy cow was he predictable.

orangeinjersey said:
"Couldn't care less". If you "could care less" you would, right?

Thanks, prof! Didn't know you posted here. Your grammar lessons were quite good back at University, but sometimes I find myself writing quickly on a phone! Luckily, people are a forgiving bunch and don't bring it up too often.

Best,
Your humble student

JeremyCuse said:
LOL the only thing I was anchoring was the bench to the ground.

Don't be modest now. You earned that 3 star rating from Tom Lemming.

I had a ton of friends that played on that team. There was some real talent on that squad. A bunch of those guys went on to play college football.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom