U19 World Games, B.C, Canada | Syracusefan.com

U19 World Games, B.C, Canada

WoodyUK

Lax Maven
image.jpeg

Austin Staats

image.jpeg

Troy Lauder

There is not much to shout about or any future Syracuse recruits on this years USA U19 team but maybe some future Orange playing for other teams such as Canada and the Iroquois Nationals.

It is a great platform to see the Future stars.

Syracuse Recruits
Drake Porter - Canada
Austin Staats - Iroquois
Troy Lauder - Iroquois
Chase Scanlon - Iroquois
Tyson Bomberry

The games start in 33 days in Coquitlam, B.C Canada

2016 FIL U19 Men's World Lacrosse Championships

Canada Roster
Team Canada Selects Roster for U19 Men's World Championship | 3d Rising

USA Roster
http://uslacrosse.org/team-usa/us-under-19-men/roster.aspx

USA Injury replacements (Supinski and Wright out)
Johnson, Mathias Named to U.S. U19 Team

Iroquois Try-out
Iroquois Nationals U19 Tryouts: High School-Age Standouts | 3d Rising

2nd tryout
Iroquois Nationals U19 Second Round Tryouts: High-School Age Standouts | 3d Rising

Last edited:
I'm still scratching my head over the composition of the USA team.

Yes me too very OSU heavy!! And a lot of players already in college which is a change from the norm. I guess the world games have changed since the last games held in Finland with losses to Canada and Iroquois in the group stages. It has parellels to the US Olympic Basketball team.

Yes me too very OSU heavy!! And a lot of players already in college which is a change from the norm. I guess the world games have changed since the last games held in Finland with losses to Canada and Iroquois in the group stages. It has parellels to the US Olympic Basketball team.
But--4 guys from Penn? If they're going for Ivy league players, where are Brown and Yale?

I could be wrong but I think Penn and OSU have coaches on the staff, which does raise some questions.

I could be wrong but I think Penn and OSU have coaches on the staff, which does raise some questions.

I think I read on this board some time ago that the makeup of the U-19 team reflected the schools of the coaching staff. It does look like that is the case.

Go Iroquois.

SportsCanadaTV is partnering with the 2016 Federation of International Lacrosse (FIL) Under-19 Men's World Lacrosse Championships, providing live streaming of all games for the tournament.

More details on how to subscribe and pricing will be provided in the coming days.

All Blue Division games, championship quarter-finals, semifinals and medal games will include play by play and replays while select Green and Red Division games will also include play by play. At a minimum, every game will have a live video feed and scoreboard.

Pricing and details will be as follows: $45 CDN for a full tournament package featuring every game and $10 CDN for a daily package. More details will be available on Monday July 4 at www.worldlax.tv.

SportsCanadaTV is Canada's online amateur sports network and provides production services for a number of provincial, national and international events. For more information, visit www.sportscanada.tv.

That is a big win for the US team. It looks like their players with a year of college experience can up big. Happy to see Willie Klan had a nice game and went the distance. Glad that his former coach didn't hold petty grudge and did what was best for the team.

Iroquois best England 22-4
I watched them play last night (3:30am in the UK), I have 11 players on the England squad, 2 playing for Scotland and 1 for Ireland.

image.jpeg

Austin Staats- thick set strong player with amazing stick skills, just goes hard to the goal and can do it all, it would be great if he ended up at Cuse!

image.jpeg

Tehoka Nantikoke - everyone has probably watched his highlight tape, he's going to have a great career at Albany, he's very stocky and hard to out muscle he has some of the best skills I have seen. He made a beautiful play where he made a look away pass with two defenders draped all over him to a team mate for an amazing outside shot.

Chase Scanlon - very athletic looking middie and came away with 1 goal and 4 assist well rounded player and looked very good.

Matt Bennett - played at OCC and played very well last night, smooth player that could play at the d1 level.

A surprise was Baker Sekawnee from Squamish nation.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 191
Last edited: