U19 World Games, B.C, Canada | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

U19 World Games, B.C, Canada

Such a sad game to watch after a fun 1st 15 mins. Iroquois had no answer at the X & literally stood & watched USA play offense for 3 straight quarters. Iroquois registered 4 SOG & scored on 3 of them...all by Staats in the 1st Q. They simply don't have the depth or the D to overcome a 21-2 FO deficit. Not sure there's a defender in this tourney that can cover Staats 1-on-1, he's just too skilled & physical.

What an amazing pass by Bomberry on the clear in the first quarter (against USA).

Austin Staats is on a new level!

What a pass by Bomberry on the clear in the first quarter (against USA).

Austin Staats is on a new level!
Is staats to cuse just about a done deal??

I hear he maybe at OCC next year! But if he goes that route I can't see him going anywhere else but Cuse, kid is an Ox, has great feet and unbelievable skill!

I hear he maybe at OCC next year! But if he goes that route I can't see him going anywhere else but Cuse, kid is an Ox, has great feet and unbelievable skill!
Figured occ first, but after that mostly but that's great to hear, his performance in the U19 is COMPELLING!!!!

CnU5fihUkAEhDa9.jpg

We should recruit Sakawnee Baker from the west coast playing for Iroquois!

Larson Sundown from OCC is a good player worth a look!

Im pleased with Scanlon smooth player! who plays both sides of the field.

Austin Staats technique and shooting action is very like Randys but he's a bigger frame is powerful and has all the tricks. He takes a beating in every game and puts his body on the line, I think a good comparison would be Casey being like Randy (although he also used to taking a beating) and the sturdier Ryan Powell like Austin!

Tehoka Nanticocke Is fun to watch he has a big frame but fast when he gets going.
No shot or trick is beyond him, a bit like John Grant Jr in the sense that he can shoot with one hand and like Lyle and Miles in others but plays within the offense and for the rest of the team, he works hard off ball and picks for others. He has been a joy to watch.

Tyson Bomberry has been a big part of the team his passing and defensive effort has been impressive. Loves to push the ball upfield.

Last edited: