UConn and the Big 12 | Syracusefan.com

UConn and the Big 12

SU2NASA

All American
Have fun!

Big 12 votes to pursue expansion

RZM33.gif

7 stages of UConn fandom in the coming months:

1. We are in! We are the best candidate BY FAR!!!
2. We are a great candidate.
3. We are a good candidate.
4. We are in with a bunch of candidates.
5. We aren't likely to be chosen, but have a shot.
6. Devastated; not chosen.
7. We never wanted in anyway; we are just waiting on the B1o.

Last edited:
#DreamB1G
UConn football is done. Their basketball program will be fine.

7 stages of UConn fandom in the coming months:

1. We are in! We are the best candidate BY FAR!!!
2. We are a great candidate.
3. We are a good candidates.
4. We are in with a bunch of candidates.
5. We aren't likely to be chosen, but have a shot.
6. Devastated; not chosen.
7. We never wanted in anyway; we are just waiting on the B1o.

8. Light candles.
9. Break out the Richard Hamilton and Rebecca Lobo body pillows.
10. After 26 seconds of fun...have a good long cry.

Scooch said:
I think UConn has a decent chance... if they move their campus to Arkansas.

I have no idea if Uconn gets in or not, but I don't understand the concept of taking their FB team and not hoops.

That's the ultimate "fog a mirror" invitation.

I have no idea if Uconn gets in or not, but I don't understand the concept of taking their FB team and not hoops.

If they find a spot for their football team, the Big East will take them in everything else...(Basketball)

If they find a spot for their football team, the Big East will take them in everything else...(Basketball)
As Jake said--what league would take their football team without their basketball team?

As Jake said--what league would take their football team without their basketball team?

I don't know, but I do know thats the hope of some UConn people.

They aren't even thrilled about the Big 12. That was the last P5 conference most of their fans want to go to. Their administration is banking on the B12 just wanting to expand for football.

Unfortunately two of my cousins graduated from that institution.

UConn's only hope is that for some insane reason the B12 wants to stick a thumb in the eye of the B1G/ACC and claim a "NYC" team. There is basically no other reason why they would even be under consideration. There are schools that offer everything they do, and more, located 1,000 miles closer. Their inclusion would make zero sense, other than for some strange display of spite.

Everyone should hug their plush Otto extra tight tonight and be grateful that we're not them.

UConn's only hope is that for some insane reason the B12 wants to stick a thumb in the eye of the B1G/ACC and claim a "NYC" team. There is basically no other reason why they would even be under consideration. There are schools that offer everything they do, and more, located 1,000 miles closer. Their inclusion would make zero sense, other than for some strange display of spite.

Everyone should hug their plush Otto extra tight tonight and be grateful that we're not them.

I'll tell you how stupid they are.

There's a contingent of UConn people who think the Pac 12 is the best place for them. Yes, cross country flights mid-week for basketball.

So, just like every other night.

Yeah, that seems very bizarre.

UConn fanbase is hoping they get an invite, but I must ask... West Virginia has a problem with being in the league due to the exhorbitant travel issues/costs. If UConn is admitted as a full member they get a big increase in TV revenue share. Given the travel costs of all their teams to play conference games, will it be a net positive when it hits the bottom line?

Scooch said:

They seem to think they're the top choice. Though some of the wackier ones are buying the WVU notion that Colorado, and the Arizona schools want to leave the PAC, so that could put a pause on things.

I laugh at them...but we could easily be them. It's funny and sobering at the same time.

Oh my, what I'd give to see Uconn football go against Oklahoma, KSU, TCU, UT, Texas Tech, Baylor and OKSU every year. Thankfully for them, potentially, WVU is great at laying eggs.

They seem to think they're the top choice. Though some of the wackier ones are buying the WVU notion that Colorado, and the Arizona schools want to leave the PAC, so that could put a pause on things.

I laugh at them...but we could easily be them. It's funny and sobering at the same time.

It should be sobering, but that fanbase is delusional.

If they DO get passed over for Big12 expansion, I wonder if those unfortunates would start to understand how fukata they are. If they miss out on big boy expansion this time around, their anti-mid major rhetoric will start to ring awfully hollow.

Last edited:
Here's the thing...I think no matter what, the ACC would take them as #16 if paired with ND.

If ND ever comes to the ACC it will not be from a position of power dictating who comes with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom