UConn Game Thread... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

UConn Game Thread...

That was classless. It's great to get the senior walk on in the game but in that situation you give her the ball and let her run out the clock. Geno acting like he had never been there before.
Speaking of classless, for all the praise Stewart is getting for being an upstanding citizen, her whingeing about never playing in the Dome is what makes me dislike her. I'm not a Syracuse area resident so didn't follow her HS career or even her college one much, in that the unstoppable dynasty story is boring. so that was really my first taste of her, and it's an unpleasant one.

Speaking of classless, for all the praise Stewart is getting for being an upstanding citizen, her whingeing about never playing in the Dome is what makes me dislike her. I'm not a Syracuse area resident so didn't follow her HS career or even her college one much, in that the unstoppable dynasty story is boring. so that was really my first taste of her, and it's an unpleasant one.

I don't like that either. If she wanted to play home in the Dome then she should have attended Syracuse instead of back stabbing the entire area and not only choosing another school but going to one of their biggest rivals. Her fault she didn't play there so she has to stop crying about it.

I don't like that either. If she wanted to play home in the Dome then she should have attended Syracuse instead of back stabbing the entire area and not only choosing another school but going to one of their biggest rivals. Her fault she didn't play there so she has to stop crying about it.
Obviously she chose the correct school to win four titles. I don't begrudge that. Just the "I want it all plus extra" mentality.

The Orange women did their best, and that 16-0 run in the third quarter probably hasn't happened to UConn in a while. Baby steps toward more than a moral victory.
I think the 16-0 run was a product of UConn having the title in their sights and losing focus. They were not as precise as they were the rest of the game. After a time out they returned to their normal game. Would Geno have waited so long to call a time out if the game were closer? I doubt it.

kmart128 said:

Back stabbing? Some of you are amazing. SU sucked then. Did you see the hugs her and Q were giving each other? Or the hugs between her and Sykes who have been friends since their AAU days. Seems like the hate is within some fans and not so much the actual competitors and coaches.

Great season, ladies, and fantastic effort against UConn. That 16-0 run showed off the kind of basketball that got you there. Congrats to Q and the entire team on a job well done. You made us all (or most of us) proud.

Congrats to the ladies for a great season and for building the program up from where it was. 5 NCAAT wins is 3 more than SU previously had in the program's history.

Go Orange!
Good post. Congratulations ladies and congrats to the coaching staff for making a 'great leap forward' with the program. Hope Brittany comes back for her senior year. Hope Peterson, who already was hurting before the shoulder separation, is able to get back to 100% for next year.

The UConn women's program is every bit as good as advertised. The only real question is, could Syracuse have won if Stewart had been playing for them? I think they could have, but even then, probably wouldn't have. That was a uber talented, uber experienced Husky team and their coach had them ready to play.

True, she could've attended SU to guarantee lots of Dome appearances. At the time of her recruitment, however, she was likely still looking at things from a Big East viewpoint and would therefore have expected to have played 2 games at the Dome. From that viewpoint, I can understand her disappointment. But as they say, c'est la vie.

At no point was SU obligated to host UConn since it moved to the ACC. As I mentioned in a prior thread on the subject, this would simply be "scheduling a loss", which a team trying to make the NCAA tournament with previously scheduled OOC challenges shouldn't do.

The UConn women's program is every bit as good as advertised. The only real question is, could Syracuse have won if Stewart had been playing for them? I think they could have, but even then, probably wouldn't have. That was a uber talented, uber experienced Husky team and their coach had them ready to play.
Perhaps next year's Yukon incantation will have a bit less bite, thereby giving the rest of the ladies' hoops universe a chance.

Man...that is dumb...

That clip was so terrific I had to look the actress up. Her name is Julie Dawn Cole and it's her first credit according to IMDb. What a way to make a debut! She seems to have had a reasonably successful career, and apparently is into personal training as well as acting because she had a TV series dedicated to it.

Thanks for posting it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom