UConn, SU still talking | Syracusefan.com

UConn, SU still talking

cuseguy

Living Legend
“@AmoreCourant: Kevin Ollie excited about G'town series. He mentioned #uconn is also looking to do something down the road w Syracuse. Been talking a while”

“@AmoreCourant: Kevin Ollie excited about G'town series. He mentioned #uconn is also looking to do something down the road w Syracuse. Been talking a while”

It would be great as a fan. I'd love to see UCONN-SU & UCONN-Georgetown

Next thing ya know, our OOC schedule will be our old BE schedule. Well, guess Cuse would then just have to whoop up on 2 conferences in the same year.

Can we please just accept that UConn basketball is here to stay? It doesn't mean we can't have a great program too!
Well I was going to say that if things don't go well in Indianapolis next week, UConn might be the one who says when, where, and if SU plays them. Just kidding (?) ;)

Well I was going to say that if things don't go well in Indianapolis next week, UConn might be the one who says when, where, and if SU plays them. Just kidding (?) ;)

We are both so far past one program needing the other...

This game is purely for the fans. Come on. 6 overtimes? Bad taste of UCONN? We own your NC team, you own the NC of 2004? The McNamara 3 pointer sending it to overtime? The Kemba OT in 2011?

If you don't want this game, you don't want Christmas or ice cream and hate puppies.

Next thing ya know, our OOC schedule will be our old BE schedule. Well, guess Cuse would then just have to whoop up on 2 conferences in the same year.

It worked out pretty well in 2003 (big xii)

OttoinGrotto said:
Dome-MSG-Dome or get out.

That or dome-msg.

sdhusky said:
Giggle. Ollie told the packed house. "People are scared to play us here because of you." - First Night 2014. I guess he was right.

Who said scared?

Giggle.

Ollie told the packed house. "People are scared to play us here because of you." - First Night 2014.

I guess he was right.
Puhleeze. Don't flatter yourselves- the CUSE isn't "scared" to play uconn, any time, anywhere.
You can't talk out of both sides of your mouth. Both programs are well past the point of being "scared" of one another. But it'd be stupid of us to not try & play an advantage if one exists.
Suffice to say this would be a good thing if it happens. And despite the B1G circle-jerk that the Boners regularly engage in on your forum, more than likely this will be a prelude to future matchups in the ACC. So, bring it...mutts!

Puhleeze. Don't flatter yourselves- the CUSE isn't "scared" to play uconn, any time, anywhere.
You can't talk out of both sides of your mouth. Both programs are well past the point of being "scared" of one another. But it'd be stupid of us to not try & play an advantage if one exists.
Suffice to say this would be a good thing if it happens. And despite the B1G circle-jerk that the Boners regularly engage in on your forum, more than likely this will be a prelude to future matchups in the ACC. So, bring it...mutts!

Word!

Bring it!

Last edited:

This game is purely for the fans. Come on. 6 overtimes? Bad taste of UCONN? We own your NC team, you own the NC of 2004? The McNamara 3 pointer sending it to overtime? The Kemba OT in 2011?

If you don't want this game, you don't want Christmas or ice cream and hate puppies.
Well for me personally basketball is just something to watch between the end of football season and the spring game. I get what you are saying though. ;)

Well for me personally basketball is just something to watch between the end of football season and the spring game. I get what you are saying though. ;)

Maybe some day you will be able to catch us in FB head-head.

But for now, you have BB.

PS: Fishy says that SU wants nothing to do with UConn.

So. I think this mostly wasted pixels. On to Duke, Georgetown, Stanford, Duke, Michigan St, Texas

but here's the truth, beating SU would mean more than any of them. But, I'm just a fan.

Last edited:
Maybe some day you will be able to catch us in FB head-head.

But for now, you have BB.

PS: Fishy says that SU wants nothing to do with UConn.

So. I think this mostly wasted pixels. On to Duke, Georgetown, Stanford, Duke, Michigan St, Texas

but here's the truth, beating SU would mean more than any of them. But, I'm just a fan.
Oh, well if Fishy says so, it must be true. :rolleyes:

We play in a conference with Duke, Carolina, Louisville, UVa, as well as a top tier B1G program, etc...no reason to play a game outside out recruiting footprint to help someone out.

I'd say 100% the same about Georgetown, except we recruit in DC / MD and sorta need the game with the departure or Maryland.

Please stop with the Red River Rivalry, it's an insult to Texas and OU who play in the same conference.

We play in a conference with Duke, Carolina, Louisville, UVa, as well as a top tier B1G program, etc...no reason to play a game outside out recruiting footprint to help someone out.

I'd say 100% the same about Georgetown, except we recruit in DC / MD and sorta need the game with the departure or Maryland.

Please stop with the Red River Rivalry, it's an insult to Texas and OU who play in the same conference.

Texas and OU weren't in the same conference when the RRR began.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom