UConn | Syracusefan.com

UConn

Eric15

Living Legend
Right now UConn is nowhere close to the bubble. They have an RPI of 69 and aren't in Lunardi's next four out.

The AAC tournament is on their home floor. All they have to do is win 3 or 4 home games in a row against a miscellaneous hodge-podge of teams to get to the big dance, and then anything can happen if Boatright morphs into Shabazz which he's probably capable of.

God I hate them, and I hate myself for posting this thread.

No way they have another year where a completely mediocre team is touched by angels and wins an NC. Right?

They suck this year. Well, they sucked last year too, but not nearly as bad.

They should only make the tourney if they win their mid-major conference tourney. They've done little to prove they belong, otherwise.

Go Cincy! Go Tulsa! Go, whoever else is in that league!

Right now UConn is nowhere close to the bubble. They have an RPI of 69 and aren't in Lunardi's next four out.

The AAC tournament is on their home floor. All they have to do is win 3 or 4 home games in a row against a miscellaneous hodge-podge of teams to get to the big dance, and then anything can happen if Boatright morphs into Shabazz which he's probably capable of.

If we win out and get to the AAC finals, we have a 90% chance of making it. Memphis is without their star and then we have to beat Temple.

Rodney Purvis went for 28 vs. SMU the other day and Hamilton got 16 in the last 15 minutes. Guys know their rolls and are starting to play.

I think we can stay on this roll into the tourney - its March and UConn is playing its best basketball :)

who you going to root for if the only thing between Kentucky and an undefeated national championship season is UConn?

just another way of asking the age old question: are you a cat person, or a dog person?

I hate them too but they will make the tourney. Purvis and Hamilton are playing much better lately

If we win out and get to the AAC finals, we have a 90% chance of making it. Memphis is without their star and then we have to beat Temple.

Rodney Purvis went for 28 vs. SMU the other day and Hamilton got 16 in the last 15 minutes. Guys know their rolls and are starting to play.

I think we can stay on this roll into the tourney - its March and UConn is playing its best basketball :)

Lol at ninety.not a quality win in that sorry lot.

seriously. how about let's not talk about irrelevant mid-majors on our board. m'kay?

They suck this year. Well, they sucked last year too, but not nearly as bad.

They should only make the tourney if they win their mid-major conference tourney. They've done little to prove they belong, otherwise.

Go Cincy! Go Tulsa! Go, whoever else is in that league!

SMU is our best hope to derail storz. Of course the mustangs probably end up on the other side of the bracket and get knocked out early

wait so is that your blue blood expectations for your program? win out against bad teams just to make the tourney? you guys are in trouble.

A. B. C. : Anybody but Connecticut.

My favorite comment from last year was that Connecticut had shorter players so they stayed 4 years and that's why they won so Boeheim should recruit shorter players the NBA wasn't interested in. Bring on the Munchkins!
Munchkins-film.jpg

Much as I detest the Mutts, you have to give props to their March resume.
UCON has a formula:
(1) a smallish, ultra-quick PG (Napier, Kemba, T. Brown, K. El-Amin, Boatright),
(2) a serviceable anchor in the middle,
(3) an emerging scorer at small forward,
(4) a thuggish dude at the 4, and
(5) a bunch of role players on the bench.
Fact is, UCON builds towards March and irons out the warts during the season by playing all their players, something JB solely neglects, IMO..
Since PG is the most important position in the Dance, UCON usually has an upper-classman at the position who settles the kids down, and takes/makes the big shots when needed.
Love 'em or hate 'em...and I absolutely LOATHE them, you can't deny their formula works.
I fully expect the Boat Show to take them to the AAC crown and a Sweet Sixteen.
With the right breaks, they could go even further. :bang:

Last edited:
They can't even beat Memphis without Nichols at home.

They're likely to finish as either the 4/5 seed in the league, meaning they're likely path to the NCAA's will be Temple, SMU, Cincy. May not seem that bad but they're currently 2-3 against those teams and are likely to lose at Temple this weekend. Hopefully Temple pulls the 3-0 season sweep and we can stop talking about UConn, just as it should be.

Much as I detest the Mutts, you have to give props to their March resume.
UCON has a formula:
(1) a smallish, ultra-quick PG (Napier, Kemba, T. Brown, K. El-Amin, Boatright),
(2) a serviceable anchor in the middle,
(3) an emerging scorer at small forward,
(4) a thuggish dude at the 4, and
(5) a bunch of role players on the bench.
Fact is, UCON builds towards March and irons out the warts during the season by playing all their players, something JB solely neglects, IMO..
Since PG is the most important position in the Dance, UCON usually has an upper-classman at the position who settles the kids down, and takes/makes the big shots when needed.
Love 'em or hate 'em...and I absolutely LOATHE them, you can't deny their formula works.
I fully expect the Boat Show to take them to the AAC crown and a Sweet Sixteen.
With the right breaks, they could go even further. :bang:

Boatright is not Shabazz or Kemba...

They lost at home to a poor Memphis team. Barring an AAC tourney title that should kill any UConn NCAA talk.