UNC Campus - things to do/see? | Syracusefan.com

UNC Campus - things to do/see?

SUinSC

LGO
Just got my tix to the game tomorrow and driving up from Charleston, SC tonight. Never been there so looking for recommendations on what to do and see with my 16 yr old sophomore (no interest in going there but like to see cool things on campuses)? We're also going to Canes/Penguins game at 7pm so not a ton of time afterward...will probably walk the campus before game and eat/drink somewhere near campus afterwards.

Looks like they have beer sales in the Dean Dome so was happy to see that...
GO ORANGE!!!!
Thanks in advance.

Everybody is gonna say it but Franklin Street is great. Great to stroll, eat hang out, etc. made for the scenario you describe.

I enjoy walking the campus. Can usually walk into the football stadium. The famous bell tower is around the corner from the stadium.

I think duke’s campus is worth a visit if around the corner and looking to see stuff, too. Really nice,

Everybody is gonna say it but Franklin Street is great. Great to stroll, eat hang out, etc. made for the scenario you describe.

I enjoy walking the campus. Can usually walk into the football stadium. The famous bell tower is around the corner from the stadium.

I think duke’s campus is worth a visit if around the corner and looking to see stuff, too. Really nice,
Thanks - was thinking of doing Duke's campus on Sunday before driving back

Just got my tix to the game tomorrow and driving up from Charleston, SC tonight. Never been there so looking for recommendations on what to do and see with my 16 yr old sophomore (no interest in going there but like to see cool things on campuses)? We're also going to Canes/Penguins game at 7pm so not a ton of time afterward...will probably walk the campus before game and eat/drink somewhere near campus afterwards.

GO ORANGE!!!!
Thanks in advance.
Walk by Carmichael Arena - Dean Dome's predecessor and where MJ played. There was some type of community event going on the last time I was there and we were able to get in. Loaded with history.

And for dinner, try 411 for Italian or the Carolina Brewery, not to be confused with the Carolina Ale House chain for upscale pub food. We like Top of the Hill too.

Thanks - was thinking of doing Duke's campus on Sunday before driving back
We walked right into Cameron with no problem.

pick up a pail of driveway sealer and a roller . apply it to your shoes and walk thru everything nice.

I’m too lazy to look up, but how is NC attendance at home thus far? Are they outdrawing us?

Somewhere my brother and I have photos in front of the Dean Dome with my 2003 Natty hat on. (Cameron, too). So you could do that

Go to the building where they had fake classes for forever and the only thing that happened were penalties to the softball team and women's soccer.

GO ORANGE!!!!
Thanks in advance.

Franklin Street, Top of the Hill. Old Well on campus and the hoops museum.

Hate to tell you this but was there two weeks ago and no booze in the Dean Dome, so pack your airline bottles.

Sutton's Drug Store is a great place if you want a place to go with some nostalgia. There is usually a line out the door and we have never had the time to wait, but we were finally able to get in the day after the SU/UNC football game this past year. The burgers are great as well as the potato munchers. I've been told the milk shakes are the best.

There is an older gentleman who works there as a host part time. It's a retirement gig for him. He used to be a high school basketball coach in NYC. Very knowledgable about the Big East and all the basketball players & coaches. He says he knows Red pretty well.

Sutton's