UNC Game Thread... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Game Thread...

Watching this game I kept thinking of Jeremy saying Wardwell needs to steal a game against elite competition and that is exactly what he did tonight. That was a game of two pretty even teams and both goalies played well against elite offenses. Our goalie made 1 more play and stole that game and hopefully an at worst 2 seed if we beat Duke we should be #1 overall again and avoid Albany first round.

Watching this game I kept thinking of Jeremy saying Wardwell needs to steal a game against elite competition and that is exactly what he did tonight. That was a game of two pretty even teams and both goalies played well against elite offenses. Our goalie made 1 more play and stole that game and hopefully an at worst 2 seed if we beat Duke we should be #1 overall again and avoid Albany first round.

Great point Alsacs today was the first time Bobby stole a game from an elite team and he did it with an incredible performance. Kudos to him, best game of his career. Now we need him to maintain the momentum, can't expect him to repeat his performace on Sunday but something close would give me a great feeling going into the tourney.

Thank you, Mr. Wardwell and thankful to be moving on. I have to tip my hat to the 'heels... unbelievable effort. They worked HARD. I feel like our talent eeked out a game we very easily could have given away. Expecting a much tighter game against Dook.

Faegan said:
Thank you, Mr. Wardwell and thankful to be moving on. I have to tip my hat to the 'heels... unbelievable effort. They worked HARD. I feel like our talent eeked out a game we very easily could have given away. Expecting a much tighter game against Dook.

I can't take tighter than that.

Carolina definitely a tough out, but who was the tall awkward defenseman for Carolina? A turnover waiting to happen.

Ditto, makes the rest of the weekend so much more enjoyable coming off a win. The wife hates when SU lax takes a loss during the weekend im insufferable

I know it. If we weren't there on Sunday, I would have been depressed until the 'Gate game next weekend. It's irrational, but Syracuse lacrosse can do that to a man.

Also had a negative experience at the game in Chapel Hill. Their fans were awful, at least those near me. Comments that weren't to me, but meant to be loud enough for me to hear. Questioning how the program was ranked #1 at any point during the season, "where's the competition?" yelled repeatedly, "why would they drive 12 hours for this, go back to NY" (apparently not understanding that Orange Nation doesn't reside only in CNY)... I had worn my warmup shirt from last year (thanks, Woody!), and it has HHH on the back. Constantly would yell "HHH" after any Tar Heel big play. Missed a goal after halftime as I was at the restroom. My girlfriend told me that after the goal they had been taunting "where's HHH? He should have seen that!" Complete jackasses. Maybe they should be questioning why they seem to perennially have a top 5-10 recruiting class but haven't sniffed a final four in ages.

Before I end my rant, these punks had no knowledge of the game. A couple things that stood out were referring to FO wing play as a "ride," and calling the man-up a "power play." That said a lot. I expected a lack of knowledge from the Duke fan base, but from my experience they are a couple steps above the Heels as far as Tobacco Road lacrosse is concerned. Not sure how the lax friendly folks at UVA have tolerated playing these muppets over the years. Two years in and I'm already sick of Carolina.

9-8.

HHH

I know it. If we weren't there on Sunday, I would have been depressed until the 'Gate game next weekend. It's irrational, but Syracuse lacrosse can do that to a man.

Also had a negative experience at the game in Chapel Hill. Their fans were awful, at least those near me. Comments that weren't to me, but meant to be loud enough for me to hear. Questioning how the program was ranked #1 at any point during the season, "where's the competition?" yelled repeatedly, "why would they drive 12 hours for this, go back to NY" (apparently not understanding that Orange Nation doesn't reside only in CNY)... I had worn my warmup shirt from last year (thanks, Woody!), and it has HHH on the back. Constantly would yell "HHH" after any Tar Heel big play. Missed a goal after halftime as I was at the restroom. My girlfriend told me that after the goal they had been taunting "where's HHH? He should have seen that!" Complete jackasses. Maybe they should be questioning why they seem to perennially have a top 5-10 recruiting class but haven't sniffed a final four in ages.

Before I end my rant, these punks had no knowledge of the game. A couple things that stood out were referring to FO wing play as a "ride," and calling the man-up a "power play." That said a lot. I expected a lack of knowledge from the Duke fan base, but from my experience they are a couple steps above the Heels as far as Tobacco Road lacrosse is concerned. Not sure how the lax friendly folks at UVA have tolerated playing these muppets over the years. Two years in and I'm already sick of Carolina.

9-8.

HHH

The last time UNC made a Final Four, most of those "fans" probably hadn't been born yet. :p

The last time UNC made a Final Four, most of those "fans" probably hadn't been born yet. :p

I was in sixth grade. Hard to fathom, as I have been spoiled growing up as a Syracuse lacrosse fan.

They can mock "HHH." Then they can print their own shirt with a fitting slogan. "UNC lacrosse: Always Doing Less With More"

Or maybe take a pop culture slogan from '93 and make it their own:

image.jpg

I was in sixth grade. Hard to fathom, as I have been spoiled growing up as a Syracuse lacrosse fan.

They can mock "HHH." Then they can print their own shirt with a fitting slogan. "UNC lacrosse: Always Doing Less With More"

Or maybe take a pop culture slogan from '93 and make it their own:

View attachment 41347

Here's a better one:

latest

Just finished watching it, solid effort. Bobby was great. Just enough offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom