Unreal | Syracusefan.com

Unreal

victor

All Conference
How do hell does Green Bay blow this game. One way they blow it is by going for field goals on the one yard line instead of touchdowns and keeping Seattle in the game. Seattle wins it by faking a field goal and going for the touchdown which puts them back in the game. Football is all about momentum. When you have a team on the run, you step on their throat. It will be a long time before the Green Bay players forget this game.

McCarthy should be fired after that game. Totally turtled up in the 4th quarter. Add that to the points they left on the field in the 1st when they should have been up at least 20.

I don't know what that dude was doing sliding after the 4th int with 5 minutes left, but a FG on that drive would have sealed it. Instead 3 and out. Used about 50 seconds, and Seattle just rolled up and down the field after that.

McCarthy should be fired after that game. Totally turtled up in the 4th quarter. Add that to the points they left on the field in the 1st when they should have been up at least 20.

I don't know what that dude was doing sliding after the 4th int with 5 minutes left, but a FG on that drive would have sealed it. Instead 3 and out. Used about 50 seconds, and Seattle just rolled up and down the field after that.
The were playing not to lose. I'll give Peter Carroll credit.He plays aggressive and is willing to take chances like he did on the fake field goal. Man if you are going to lose go down with both guns blazing, and don't give the game away by crawling in a shell like a turtle.

How do hell does Green Bay blow this game. One way they blow it is by going for field goals on the one yard line instead of touchdowns and keeping Seattle in the game. Seattle wins it by faking a field goal and going for the touchdown which puts them back in the game. Football is all about momentum. When you have a team on the run, you step on their throat. It will be a long time before the Green Bay players forget this game.
Right out of Scott Shafer's play book!

Pretty much the story of the entire NFC play offs.

Detroit is crushing Dallas but cannot get enough points on the board to put them away.
Dallas is dominating GB but cannot get enough points on the board to put them away.
GB is dominating Seattle but cannot get enough points on the board to put them away.

In each of those 3 games it could have easily gone the other way. All 3 could have been (should have been) blow outs by the team who eventually loses.

I remember people ripping a Chargers DB for "selfishly" going for a return up 8 w/ about 6 minutes left, ha. He of course fumbled because why wouldn't NE get a break like that.
This game was much more in hand for GB. Gotta admit my first reaction was "game over".
This one is all on Fat Mike and his best Marrone impression.

Pretty much the story of the entire NFC play offs.

Detroit is crushing Dallas but cannot get enough points on the board to put them away.
Dallas is dominating GB but cannot get enough points on the board to put them away.
GB is dominating Seattle but cannot get enough points on the board to put them away.

In each of those 3 games it could have easily gone the other way. All 3 could have been (should have been) blow outs by the team who eventually loses.
I have a different feel for those other two games. Some will say that the so called controversial calls impacted those games. I truly believe that MCarthy's coaching had a lot to do with the outcome of the Green Bay game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom