UPDATE: Pep Rally Wed 12:30 at Manley | Syracusefan.com

UPDATE: Pep Rally Wed 12:30 at Manley

sabach

All American
to send the teams off this weekend? I know that in years past, SU has had a Pep Rally before the team leaves for the Final Four. Seems like with two teams going this year, it would happen. My kids would really like to go to something like this.

to send the teams off this weekend? I know that in years past, SU has had a Pep Rally before the team leaves for the Final Four. Seems like with two teams going this year, it would happen. My kids would really like to go to something like this.
Yes! It would be so great if it were men and women combined. In 96 they did something close to downtown, but they may not have their acts together (WHY NOT?) and probably they have to leave on Wednesday. But come on!

Yes! It would be so great if it were men and women combined. In 96 they did something close to downtown, but they may not have their acts together (WHY NOT?) and probably they have to leave on Wednesday. But come on!
One year, I think it was 2003, they did a Pep Rally at Manley. I've not heard anything about one this year which I think is unfortunate.

GOING!!! I don't work tomorrow. In fact, I will only be working 4 more days after today. It's The Final Countdown for me and my team!

Syracuse University will host a Final Four public pep rally Wednesday, March 30, at Manley Arena to offer an enthusiastic send-off to the Orange men's and women's basketball teams as they continue their historic journey. This year's tournament is only the 12th time that one university has had both its men and women in the Final Four in the same year. Wear your Orange and join us!

Doors open at noon, with entry through the Roy Simmons Center main entrance. The event will start at 12:30 p.m. and conclude by 1 p.m. Open public parking is in the Manley North and South lots, with additional parking and shuttle transportation at Skytop (shuttles will run from 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m.).

The men's and women's basketball teams will be on hand, along with the Spirit Squad and Otto the Orange.

Speaking at the event will be Director of Athletics Mark Coyle, women's basketball head coach Quentin Hillsman, men's basketball head coach Jim Boeheim, and Syracuse alumni New York State Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul '80, Onondaga County Executive Joanie Mahoney '87, L'90 and Syracuse Mayor Stephanie Miner '92.

Attendees are encouraged to wear orange. General public seating will be in the arena bleachers, with floor seating for students. American Sign Language interpretation and Communication Access Real Time (CART) will be available.

Coach Boeheim's squad departs for Houston at the conclusion of the pep rally. The Orange men (23-13) face North Carolina (32-6) in the national semifinals on Saturday, April 2, at NRG Stadium. The game can be seen on TBS. Tipoff is 30 minutes after the conclusion of the 6:09 p.m. game between Oklahoma and Villanova.

Coach Hillsman's team departs Thursday for Indianapolis. The Orange women (29-7) face Washington (26-10) in the national semifinals on Sunday, April 3, at 8:30 p.m. ET at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The game can be seen on ESPN2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom