US-Panama | Syracusefan.com

US-Panama

Forza Azzurri

All American
We've been traveling a lot so this is first game I've seen but Gonzalez and Brooks have been lost all game and Ream and Chandler aren't much better.

Wondo simply cannot play at this level (which isn't even that high).

We've been traveling a lot so this is first game I've seen but Gonzalez and Brooks have been lost all game and Ream and Chandler aren't much better.

Wondo simply cannot play at this level (which isn't even that high).

First off, if I see Wondolowski suit up for this team again I am going to flip. He is just not athletic enough. Brooks needs a serious wake up call. Team played like crap, starting with our captain.

I thought Dempsey and Johanssen played well again, and I like that pairing. Midfield and defensive play were piss poor.

The back four is a hot mess. The team was uninterested as was Panama. We need defenders to develop and develop fast.
Wondo is what CUSU(or somebody else) said is AAAA player.
Dempsey should be able to play for another year thru next year's Copa America in the USA. Timmy Chandler was awful again.

Forza what do you think of Italy's WC group. I actually think Spain could be topped their recent form hasn't been the same since 2013. Should be a hard group and at worst UEFA playoffs.

The U.S. is totally lacking in team speed.

Zardes, Yedlin, Johnson are all fast on the wing and Bedoya isn't a slouch either when he is match fit. Alvarado and Brooks both move well and the central backer position, but their lack of instincts kills them otherwise.

But when you play Zusi and Wondolowski in 2 of the attacking roles that puts a hurt on team speed. Same with Beckerman.

Some of the younger guys like Morris and Wood are fast as well.

Last edited:
Zardes, Yedlin, Johnson are all fast on the wing and Bedoya isn't a slouch either when he is match fit. Alvarado and Brooks both move well and the central backer position, but their lack of instincts kills them otherwise.

But when you play Zusi and Wondolowski in 2 of the attacking roles that puts a hurt on team speed. Same with Beckerman.

Some of the younger sister guys like Morris and Wood are fast as well.
I was thinking particularly of the defense. How many times did Panama's offense players run right by the U.S. defenders? They looked like they were running in mud.

I was thinking particularly of the defense. How many times did Panama's offense players run right by the U.S. defenders? They looked like they were running in mud.

We were playing Tim Ream and Omar Gonzales, yes they aren't the fastest. I doubt either will play in a match that has significance moving forward barring injuries.

Omar Gonzalez resigning with LA Galaxy rather than going to Europe has stunted his growth. He had potential to be a 10 year CB. I don't blame him for taking the money and playing in LA, but he hurt his development in world football.

That is why I am glad Zardes said he is open to going to Europe this January in the window. We need our kids playing in Europe.

The back four is a hot mess. The team was uninterested as was Panama. We need defenders to develop and develop fast.
Wondo is what CUSU(or somebody else) said is AAAA player.
Dempsey should be able to play for another year thru next year's Copa America in the USA. Timmy Chandler was awful again.

Forza what do you think of Italy's WC group. I actually think Spain could be topped their recent form hasn't been the same since 2013. Should be a hard group and at worst UEFA playoffs.

Any group with Spain is going to be a really tough group, especially with only one automatic qualifier.

Spain is not as good but Italy is also going through some difficult times.

Chemistry issues (ie. Balotelli) killed the 2014 team as did Prandelli's decision to play for a point.

And, for whatever reason, for the last 20 years their most talented players have been absolute head cases: Totti when he was younger, Cassano and, now, Balotelli. Prandelli did a good job with him but ultimately lost the battle to keep him from imploding.

They also need to find a replacement for Pirlo.

Omar Gonzalez resigning with LA Galaxy rather than going to Europe has stunted his growth. He had potential to be a 10 year CB. I don't blame him for taking the money and playing in LA, but he hurt his development in world football.

That is why I am glad Zardes said he is open to going to Europe this January in the window. We need our kids playing in Europe.

Agreed but the key word is "play". It doesn't do them any good to go overseas and languish on the bench and that happens all too frequently.

And there is way too much pressure overseas for a coach to allow a young player to play through his mistakes...

First off, if I see Wondolowski suit up for this team again I am going to flip. He is just not athletic enough. Brooks needs a serious wake up call. Team played like crap, starting with our captain.

I thought Dempsey and Johanssen played well again, and I like that pairing. Midfield and defensive play were piss poor.

I was frustrated when I posted that and should qualify my remarks.

Wondo is a classic poacher. He is a very poor man's Gilardino. In order to be successful, he needs really good service and he simply doesn't get that with the national team.

If he is touching the ball 35 yards from goal (which he was in the Panama game), it is a waste.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom