USA Basketball Starting Lineup | Syracusefan.com

USA Basketball Starting Lineup

MikeSU02

Living Legend
Losing Paul George is a pretty big blow, imo.

With him, they could have started Curry, Harden, George, Durant and Davis. With George and Davis being elite defenders and Durant being pretty good. Heck, even Harden has been playing D in the scrimmages.

I think now they have to start Klay Thompson alongside of Harden. That gives you two elite defenders in Klay and Davis and one very good defender in Durant.

So the lineup I would go with would be:

Curry
Thompson
Harden
Durant
Davis

The issue with this starting lineup is obviously the Spanish team, so I would be expecting Boogie to come in and bump KD back to the 3 and then keep Harden or Klay in at the 2 against big teams that want to bang. Of course you can start this team and try to run an opponent out of the gym.

But with Plumlee possibly making the team, who knows what will happen.

BTW, I think Ant Davis is going to end up being the second best player on the roster after the tournament is done (behind KD).

Wall, Beal and Milsap cut.

With George's injury, that leaves:

Boogie, Curry, Davis, DeRozan, Drummond, Durant, Faried, Harden, Hayward, Irving, Korver, Lillard, Parsons, Plumlee, Rose, Thompson

Four more cuts to go.

Without Wall and George, you are now two high level perimeter defenders down. I have to think at this point Klay Thompson is a must-start with the roster that is left, no matter whom they pick.

And now no Kevin Durant.

Yikes.

Anthony Davis is now the best player on the team depending on how close to 100% D Rose is (and that may not even matter anyway).

I'm holding down this thread on my own, but the starting lineup last night was Ant Davis, Farried, Harden, Steph and D Rose.

Brazil had a solid squad with Nene, Tiago Splitter and Barbosa. The two biggest stories from the game were: D arose looking 100% and Ant Davis clearly making the jump before our eyes.

Harden looks like he forgot how to pass. I still think Klay Thompson is the dark horse to make a big leap coming out of this summer. He is going to put pressure on Kyrie and Steph to at least try to play defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom