USA Women's Soccer Team: Disgraceful | Syracusefan.com

USA Women's Soccer Team: Disgraceful

Col. Bleep

All American
How do they get the nerve to show up for a ticker tape parade in NYC wearing black Nike shirts?
They are a NATIONAL team.
Why aren't they wearing the colors of the USA?

And if they have some deal with Nike...Nike couldn't come up with a red, white and blue outfit?
In what other country would this happen: a national team shows up wearing the color dictated by some private company?

I presume Nike figures it can sell more shirts if they're in black.
Pathetic end to a spectacular World Cup run.

I wonder if this is a generational thing. I don't see this as a big deal.

It's Nike! As SU fans we can certainly appreciate the irony of this particular Nike jersey design conflict.

How do they get the nerve to show up for a ticker tape parade in NYC wearing black Nike shirts?

And if they have some deal with Nike...Nike couldn't come up with a red, white and blue outfit?
In what other country would this happen: a national team shows up wearing the color dictated by some private company?

Where have you been? Their jerseys had green numbers.

Last edited:

Now I'm not American, but why were there GREEN on the socks. Had a buddy who knows how much I hate the Cuse football jerseys and texted me during the final saying "Nike Strikes again huh".

Syracuse = Orange

USA = Red white and Blue, not green.

Not rocket science, God I hate Nike.., anywhays...

C.R.E.A.M.

image.jpg

Eh, the green numbers during the actual games was the worst part of it.

Usually at parades everyone wears whatever. (Eg not all giants wore giants blue for those parades)

Nailed it on the head... the Women's team are completely disgraceful for wearing what they are required to wear like every other team in America.

:bat::bang:

Nailed it on the head... the Women's team are completely disgraceful for wearing what they are required to wear like every other team in America.

:bat::bang:

Contrary to the thread title, I think it was more an indictment of Nike rather than the team.

The gold lettering that matches the color of the World Cup and the medals they won wouldn't look good on anything other than a black background. I like the shirt a lot and the shout-outs to the other teams who have won. They created another one that's gray with red white and blue lettering. It's also dumb to blame the team who didn't have any say in the matter. You can hate the white/neon jerset all you want, but I don't see the major issue with this shirt.
image.jpg

Forest for the trees.

And, (regardless of whether anyone particularly cares one way or the other), it's interesting that there's been no major media commentary on the composition of the team.

These days there's often a big yelp and cry over diversity.
Whatever entity is being discussed is supposed to "look like America" (whatever that means).
Could this team be any less diverse?

Why should anyone care? After all, they're the best in the world.

But surprising that there isn't some mainstream media "analysis" of this (non) issue.
Talking heads have to justify their existence.
They can't all be expected to know better.

And, (regardless of whether anyone particularly cares one way or the other), it's interesting that there's been no major media commentary on the composition of the team.

Whatever entity is being discussed is supposed to "look like America" (whatever that means).

But surprising that there isn't some mainstream media "analysis" of this (non) issue.

I have you covered, sir. Read at your own risk:

http://m.fastcompany.com/3048350/the-embarrassing-lack-of-diversity-in-us-womens-soccer

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/soc...occer-team-ethnic-diversity-article-1.2268295

http://www.thebentmusket.com/2015/3...occer-team-diversity-pay-play-youth-financial

You what's worse, the U.S. Curling team. Talk about lack of diversity. It disgusts me

You what's worse, the U.S. Curling team. Talk about lack of diversity. It disgusts me

Let's not forget USA basketball. It's about time we get out to the 'burbs and promote the sport to white youth. Just think, there may be children in gated communities that don't have opportunities.

:rolling:

I never thought that I would see the day when someone was outraged over what a women's soccer team wore at a parade, who cares.