USC Tailgate Info | Syracusefan.com

USC Tailgate Info

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Kickoff: 3:30pm
Tailgate Start: 10:30ish (Gates open 5 hours early)

Tailgate Push from the LaQuinta: Probably around 10:10 am. We hope to be one of the first to set up.

We will look at Lot G (THIS IS A CHANGE AS OF SEPT 3RD) We have no real idea where we'll be parking until we park. Parking should not be a problem as ticket sales suggest we'll be 50% capacity so I'm pretty confident we can park in Lot G. Tentatively we'll be hoisting up a Brown/Reddish Yeungling Flag to identify our tailgate. We will post the location on gameday here and hopefully TNIAAM. Everything is BYOF/B. We'll have some canopies, tables, chairs, coolers, utensils, plates, napkins, etc...but remember most of us are traveling too. Bottomline: We have no guaranteed spot plus our normal crew will not be there. Some have other commitments, I'll even be going between a couple tailgates . So do not expect some huge spread. I really recommend you come ready to set up your own tailgate but hopefully we can make Lot E a sea of Orange Tailgates.

If you are bringing stuff over to the tailgate (from another lot or getting off the train) I wouldn't use back packs as most stadiums don't allow them. Use some bags or nylon sacks. I'd also advise you to bring some minimal tailgate equipment yourself as you might get directed to park pretty far from us. If that happens you could eat first at your spot then lug over some drinks and find us and party until gametime. I'll add more later as the plan evolves.

I hope to bring some beer (a good brand, not the usual slop) as well as some standard Italian bakery cookies from Brooklyn.

Mark: Is the LaQuinta actually in East Rutherford or a few towns over?

I hope to bring some beer (a good brand, not the usual slop) as well as some standard Italian bakery cookies from Brooklyn.

Mark: Is the LaQuinta actually in East Rutherford or a few towns over?

It is about 2 miles south of the stadium...I have no clue what town it is in...it all looks the same to me.

FYI: You are allowed to bring food and drink into the game. The soda/juice/water must be in a sealed 20 ounce bottle or less, they take the cap off when you go through security. My advice is to bring an extra cap with you and stuff it in your shoe. As far as the food, you can bring in whatever as long as they can clearly see what it is and has to fit in a grocery bag.

FYI: You are allowed to bring food and drink into the game. The soda/juice/water must be in a sealed 20 ounce bottle or less, they take the cap off when you go through security. My advice is to bring an extra cap with you and stuff it in your shoe. As far as the food, you can bring in whatever as long as they can clearly see what it is and has to fit in a grocery bag.

Good to know...yeah that sounds like a great idea. Sneak an extra soda bottle cap in...glad the Carrier Dome sells soda without taking the cap off.

Five-hour tailgate. That's hardcore.

Hey Mark are we going to make a supply run that morning before heading over to the stadium? I am hesitant to bring to much stuff with me from Syracuse as I assume it will be hot and any meat or other sides would likely spoil.

Hey Mark are we going to make a supply run that morning before heading over to the stadium? I am hesitant to bring to much stuff with me from Syracuse as I assume it will be hot and any meat or other sides would likely spoil.

There is a Sam's Club it appears about 2 blocks away from motel.
http://www3.samsclub.com/clublocator/club_detail.aspx?myClub=4774
I'd suggest you go there...I'm a Costco member hopefully someone is a Sam's Member. As I remember Sam's Club is linked to a Discover Card too.

There is a Sam's Club it appears about 2 blocks away from motel.
http://www3.samsclub.com/clublocator/club_detail.aspx?myClub=4774
I'd suggest you go there...I'm a Costco member hopefully someone is a Sam's Member. As I remember Sam's Club is linked to a Discover Card too.

I think my mother might be a Sams club member, I will get with Cuseguy/SUBarney to see what they think as well, I am sure multiple people will need to make a stop prior to heading over unless everyone is bringing everything with them.

Hey hey, would love to meet some of you guys. I finally scored a ticket!

Whats the protocol? Bring what we drink?

Hey hey, would love to meet some of you guys. I finally scored a ticket!

Whats the protocol? Bring what we drink?
This one is pretty much byob/f as our tailgate is more or less a freeflow this Sat...I will be running tween 3 tailgates and cuseregular is doing a family tailgate.

Kickoff: 3:30pm
Tailgate Start: 10:30ish (Gates open 5 hours early)

Tailgate Push from the LaQuinta: Probably around 10:10 am. We hope to be one of the first to set up.

We will look at Lot G (THIS IS A CHANGE AS OF SEPT 3RD) We have no real idea where we'll be parking until we park. Parking should not be a problem as ticket sales suggest we'll be 50% capacity so I'm pretty confident we can park in Lot G. Tentatively we'll be hoisting up a Brown/Reddish Yeungling Flag to identify our tailgate. We will post the location on gameday here and hopefully TNIAAM. Everything is BYOF/B. We'll have some canopies, tables, chairs, coolers, utensils, plates, napkins, etc...but remember most of us are traveling too. Bottomline: We have no guaranteed spot plus our normal crew will not be there. Some have other commitments, I'll even be going between a couple tailgates . So do not expect some huge spread. I really recommend you come ready to set up your own tailgate but hopefully we can make Lot E a sea of Orange Tailgates.

If you are bringing stuff over to the tailgate (from another lot or getting off the train) I wouldn't use back packs as most stadiums don't allow them. Use some bags or nylon sacks. I'd also advise you to bring some minimal tailgate equipment yourself as you might get directed to park pretty far from us. If that happens you could eat first at your spot then lug over some drinks and find us and party until gametime. I'll add more later as the plan evolves.

Well Mark with an invitation like this who can resist!!! :)

Two questions -
  1. Is the plan for Lot G or Lot E? Mark mentions both in his OP.
  2. Does anyone know if there is a particular entrance that allows or doesn't allow entrance into Lot G (E?)? I mean, NJ Turnpike vs. Rt 3? Haven't been to the new stadium yet.
Thanks.

Also... what's up with the Chase Club? Do we get in based upon our tickets if we purchased them in the 200s?

Two questions -
  1. Is the plan for Lot G or Lot E? Mark mentions both in his OP.
  2. Does anyone know if there is a particular entrance that allows or doesn't allow entrance into Lot G (E?)? I mean, NJ Turnpike vs. Rt 3? Haven't been to the new stadium yet.
Thanks.

J, actually just back from the Meadowlands now. Thanks for asking your own questions, as this is the first time I realized Mark's original post from a few weeks back had been edited from lot E (with D as backup) to G (the NYC "game-watching" crew had been planning on setting up bright and early in the original E/D idea). So I guess we'll all need to keep in touch come gameday---whoever the "earlybirds" are, spread the word! (the Jersey City contingent of the game-watching crew is shooting to get the first car set up in there by 10:30--the rest of us just trying to figure out the logistics since the public transportation begins around 12-12:30). Mark--is there gonna be a "backup lot" if we can't get into G? (saw you mentioned E at the end of your post as Orange79 referenced, but guessing you just forgot to edit the second mention)

Yes we changed to Lot G...was told it was much easier for NJ residents to get to. Also, I was told 200 level sideline seats get you in the Chase Club.

Thanks for the clarification, Mark. See you Saturday

For nycfan and others: It looks like my wife (who doubles as my driver) will not be able to make it to the game. So I will be taking mass transit. My plan is to take the NJ Transit train from Penn Station to Secaucus (around 9am or so) and then take a cab to the La Quinta. Hopefully somebody will be able to give me a lift to the stadium and then back to La Quinta after the game. I will kick in for parking.

I will have a group of about 30 setting up a tailgate, I will try to get us as close as possible to you guys.

I'm just going to show up with a 6 pack and a sandwich and hopefully will stumble upon someone here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom