USMNT soccer team thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

USMNT soccer team thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports suggesting that Darlington Nagbe has been called up to the USMNT for the upcoming matches. He plays for the Portland timber, pacey attacking midfielder from what I've read.

Agreed.

MLS is very direct. English soccer used to be very direct.

Now the Premiership is still very direct but for a different reason. There is such an emphasis on pace, especially up top, and athleticism that it lends itself to direct play.

You just never see teams play like they do in Serie A or la Liga.

Technically we don't have the ability and our movement off the ball is lacking.

If you watched Mexico, the movement by players C,D &E in anticipation of the next pass was already happening before player B even received the pass from player A.

How often do you see us doing that?
the same can be said for most sports in the US. everything is about the ball and so little about positioning off the ball.

Reports suggesting that Darlington Nagbe has been called up to the USMNT for the upcoming matches. He plays for the Portland timber, pacey attacking midfielder from what I've read.

I don't watch a lot of MLS, but I see a lot of the Timbers and Nagbe strikes me as a dangerous player with good attacking skills.

I don't watch a lot of MLS, but I see a lot of the Timbers and Nagbe strikes me as a dangerous player with good attacking skills.

Watch, Jurgen will play him at CDM behind Bradley haha. Would like to see him in the AM role with Bradley playing further back than he has been this year.

Watch, Jurgen will play him at CDM behind Bradley haha. Would like to see him in the AM role with Bradley playing further back than he has been this year.

Yes. Bradley has to play deeper.

I get Klinsmann's dilemma because the US doesn't have a #10 and Bradley is probably his best option but he just is not very effective in that role... he is so much better playing deeper...

CTJiBgKU8AAohrl.jpg

I do watch alot and he is......of course you can never be sure when a player gets to International play if he will flourish.

of course you can never be sure when a player gets to International play if he will flourish.

Agreed 100%.

So much of what frequently makes a player successful is the formation, the position being played and how that position is played and who his teammates are.

Guys who play out of position tend to have the biggest issues followed by, IMHO, forwards - especially poachers.

I do watch alot and he is...of course you can never be sure when a player gets to International play if he will flourish.

I watch a game from MLS every couple weeks, on average. It seems like almost every time I watch, it's the NY Red Bulls, New England Revolution, LA Galaxy, Seattle or Portland who are playing. And frankly, that's OK with me, because those seem to be the most entertaining teams. RSL has had an awful season and I like some of the players on Sporting KC who I know from the national team. The product is getting better. It's too bad the surfaces aren't better.

Agreed 100%.

So much of what frequently makes a player successful is the formation, the position being played and how that position is played and who his teammates are.

Guys who play out of position tend to have the biggest issues followed by, IMHO, forwards - especially poachers.

Yes, Klinsmann has shuffled the deck a lot. Now it is time for stability in team selection, if you want these players to grow and flourish as a team.

I watch a game from MLS every couple weeks, on average. It seems like almost every time I watch, it's the NY Red Bulls, New England Revolution, LA Galaxy, Seattle or Portland who are playing. And frankly, that's OK with me, because those seem to be the most entertaining teams. RSL has had an awful season and I like some of the players on Sporting KC who I know from the national team. The product is getting better. It's too bad the surfaces aren't better.

I got into watching NYCFC - simply because of Pirlo.

Playing at Yankee Stadium is like playing in a sandbox...

I got into watching NYCFC - simply because of Pirlo.

Playing at Yankee Stadium is like playing in a sandbox...
Any thoughts on Pirlo going on short term loan to Inter? I don't get why he would do that Juventus and AC Milan. I know he played at Inter briefly but going to Inter would be crazy. I know Juventus is struggling this year but it would be nuts to see him go on short term loan to Inter.

Pirlo must want to play in Euro 16 or it would make so sense.

Rumor has it that Klinsmann might get the boot if he doesn't come away with 6 pts for the next two games.

"Well, there was what I would call “an informed rumor” (i.e., multiple connected sources, but without direct knowledge) going around that Klinsmann has been told by U.S. Soccer that he’s out if he doesn’t get six points this week at home against St. Vincent and the Grenadines and away at Trinidad and Tobago. But that was denied to me by everyone I spoke to with direct knowledge of the situation (Then again, none of those people would want that out there anyway). "

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/201...vieira-nycfc-bob-bradley-world-cup-qualifying

Any thoughts on Pirlo going on short term loan to Inter? I don't get why he would do that Juventus and AC Milan. I know he played at Inter briefly but going to Inter would be crazy. I know Juventus is struggling this year but it would be nuts to see him go on short term loan to Inter.

Pirlo must want to play in Euro 16 or it would make so sense.

There used to be an unwritten rule that you had to play in Italy to be considered for the national team. That doesn't seem to apply anymore.

However, there is a big difference between playing in one of the big European leagues and MLS.

Pirlo may want to be able to give the perception that he still has what it takes to compete at the highest level. MLS simply doesn't give him that.

Forza Azzurri said:
There used to be an unwritten rule that you had to play in Italy to be considered for the national team. That doesn't seem to apply anymore. However, there is a big difference between playing in one of the big European leagues and MLS. Pirlo may want to be able to give the perception that he still has what it takes to compete at the highest level. MLS simply doesn't give him that.
pirlo was awful in Mls he doesn't have speed, athleticism or desire to succeed here

pirlo was awful in Mls he doesn't have speed, athleticism or desire to succeed here

LOL...Have you watched him much?

Speed and athleticism have never been part of his game.

What he does require are teammates who make the correct runs and do so in anticipation of the fact that he will find them and deliver the ball. He also needs to be surrounded with midfielders who are workhorses. NYCFC could use a Gattuso...

BTW, that is a typical American response - that you need speed and athleticism to be a soccer player.

My kingdom for an American soccer player with Pirlo's touch and vision...

Starting XI

4-4-2

------Altidore------Wood
Johnson--Bradley--Jones--Zardes
Ream--Besler--Cameron--Yedlin

--------------Guzan

Okay we suck defensively. I mean wow. Please fix the back 4 that was embarrassing how easy they scored.
We losing to a country of 100k.

3-1 USA we have settled down but need to develop a back 4 without Johnson so he can play in the MF.

Status
Not open for further replies.