USMNT vs. Jamaica | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

USMNT vs. Jamaica

The U20 or U21 team, whatever it is, has actually been doing quite well. I like some of our younger players.

I think Jurgen has been doing what you want on defense, getting younger guys in the mix and getting them ready for this stage. Jon Brooks is 22 and so is Alvarado. I think our A-team CBs would be Geoff Cameron and Jermaine Jones but both couldn't play this tournament. Fabian Johnson has been playing well on the left but I dont think our RBs have been playing well. Maybe Jon Brooks and Jones could play CB and mvoe Geoff Cameron to RB like he plays in the BPL? I didnt think our defense played bad against Jamaica.. we gave up two set piece goals.

I saw Johanssen step up when Jozy was sucking, Dempsey is getting old and you can tell, but he played very well. We need a replacement for Beckerman and I think Danny Williams can play that role, well at that. Should we have lost to Jamaica? No, but if we played that team 10 times I bet we win 8. Don't think I am not disappointed with the result either.. it is inexcusable. Lets see if we make it to the confederations cup and how we do.

I honestly feel our team is setting up well for the future..
Jones would be in the Beckerman MF role if he was healthy. Hopefully he can get healthy for October and we can have him in the MF. We also need Jozy to get healthy for this 1 game playoff against Mexico. It is going to be Mexico when you get 2 sketchy penalties in a row to steal games they are going to beat Jamaica.

For this 1 game I would go if everyone is fit 4-4-2.
Altidore----------------
Dempsey----------------------​
Zardes------------------------------------Bradley-----------------------------------Bedoya
------------------------------------------------Jones-------------------------------------
Johnson-----------------Brooks--------------Beslar-----------------------------Cameron
Howard​

subs:Yedlin, Johnassson.

If Beasley will play LB put Johnson at RB.

Jones would be in the Beckerman MF role if he was healthy. Hopefully he can get healthy for October and we can have him in the MF. We also need Jozy to get healthy for this 1 game playoff against Mexico. It is going to be Mexico when you get 2 sketchy penalties in a row to steal games they are going to beat Jamaica.

Altidore----------------
Zardes------------------------------------Bradley-----------------------------------Bedoya
------------------------------------------------Jones-------------------------------------
Johnson-----------------Brooks--------------Beslar-----------------------------Cameron
Howard​

I like that lineup if Jozy gets his head out of his rump. Are you sure on Jones? Jurgen was experimenting with him at CB before he got hurt. Eventhough I like him at CDM.. he is 33

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...e-jones-adjusting-life-center-back-usmnt-camp

Last edited:
I like that lineup if Jozy gets his head out of his rump. Are you sure on Jones? Jurgen was experimenting with him at CB before he got hurt. Eventhough I like him at CDM..

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...e-jones-adjusting-life-center-back-usmnt-camp
Wow, I did not know that. I didn't follow those January friendlies. I don't like him experimenting in an important game like this 1 game playoff will be. If Jones can't play CDM I wouldn't recall him. I think Beckermann had an awful Gold Cup if he can't play the #6 role I would put somebody like Bedoya in the slot and find another MF to play on the right side. Maybe start Yedlin there.

I like that lineup if Jozy gets his head out of his rump. Are you sure on Jones? Jurgen was experimenting with him at CB before he got hurt. Eventhough I like him at CDM..

Wow, I did not know that. I didn't follow those January friendlies. I don't like him experimenting in an important game like this 1 game playoff will be. If Jones can't play CDM I wouldn't recall him. I think Beckermann had an awful Gold Cup if he can't play the #6 role I would put somebody like Bedoya in the slot and find another MF to play on the right side. Maybe start Yedlin there.

I think it depends on his injury.. is he back yet?

Maybe he could play there these next couple frendlies. I just want the team we are playing with for the playoff playing in these upcoming friendlies..

I think it depends on his injury.. is he back yet?

Maybe he could play there these next couple frendlies. I just want the team we are playing with for the playoff playing in these upcoming friendlies..
I would play the Brazil game as the final dress rehearsal. I am just pissed we are going to have to play Mexico-in the Rose Bowl and have 2011 flashbacks again. Freaking CONCACAF refs have just given Mexico every break.

I would play the Brazil game as the final dress rehearsal. I am just pissed we are going to have to play Mexico-in the Rose Bowl and have 2011 flashbacks again. Freaking CONCACAF refs have just given Mexico every break.

The refs disgust me. As soon as Mexico goes down they jsut take it into the 18 yard box and flop until they get a call..

Altidore----------------
Howard​

Well we know why Beasely didn't play.. He strained his calf in the first training session back. Suppsoed to play second half tomorrow.

Well we know why Beasely didn't play.. He strained his calf in the first training session back. Suppsoed to play second half tomorrow.
Yeah I saw the quote n twitter it looks like this is Beasley's last international game tomorrow. He was the first American to play in 4 World Cups.

The matchup in October in Pasadena we could have used him there. Also, Jermaine Jones is going to play MB defense for the NE Revolution so you may be right if he gets recalled by Klinsmann.

Except Jones himself said he didn't want to play CB. He sees himself as a mid fielder and his play show's that too. The other options are already better than Jones.

Except Jones himself said he didn't want to play CB. He sees himself as a mid fielder and his play show's that too. The other options are already better than Jones.
If Jones club team make him move to CB he wouldn't fight JK putting him there if he wanted to play International soccer.
He is 32 going on 33 so he may accept the move if he club team forces it. After Brooks, Gonzalez, Alvarado's performance this God Cup I have no confidence in them in a must win game against Mexico and Chicharito in LA. Brooks is the best of those 3 right now, but Beisler and the 2nd CB will be a debate in these upcoming friendlies.

If Jones club team make him move to CB he wouldn't fight JK putting him there if he wanted to play International soccer.
He is 32 going on 33 so he may accept the move if he club team forces it. After Brooks, Gonzalez, Alvarado's performance this God Cup I have no confidence in them in a must win game against Mexico and Chicharito in LA. Brooks is the best of those 3 right now, but Beisler and the 2nd CB will be a debate in these upcoming friendlies.

Do you think we definitely bring Besler in? Where has he been?

Do you think we definitely bring Besler in? Where has he been?
On an FIFA calender day we can call-in whomever wants to accept the callup. I don't know where Besler has been but if he is fit I would call him up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom