USMNT vs Panama | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

USMNT vs Panama

I wish Bedoya was match fit..
I agree I don't know if it was the heat and humidity or he just isn't in ideal game shape.

If our defense gets better we will this tournament as I don't think any of these CONCACAF teams including Mexico can shut us out in USA.

Johansson Dempsey
Zardes Bradley Yedlin
Beckerman​

Beasley Alvarado Brooks Johnson
Guzan​

This is how I would do it. 4-4-2

Shea still seems like a project to me. He's a big guy and he can run down the flank, but his ball control is poor and his passing is not so great, either. To me, you put him and Timmy Chandler at the fullbacks, and that is our worst pair. They both share the same profile - big guys for fullbacks, decent but not outstanding pace, worrisome on the ball and apt to make not just the "bad" pass, but the REALLY BAD pass.
Speaking of a really bad pass - late in yesterday's game, a certain mid-fielder played a wickedly weak little 10 yard pass to no one that almost cost a goal. Had terror sweats remembering same from the WC.

Speaking of a really bad pass - late in yesterday's game, a certain mid-fielder played a wickedly weak little 10 yard pass to no one that almost cost a goal. Had terror sweats remembering same from the WC.
I am still pissed at Bob Bradley for starting Ricardo Clark over Maurice Edu in 2010 WC game against Ghana. If Edu starts Ghana doesn't get that early goal and the USA could have made a real run there.

I agree I don't know if it was the heat and humidity or he just isn't in ideal game shape.

If our defense gets better we will this tournament as I don't think any of these CONCACAF teams including Mexico can shut us out in USA.

Johansson Dempsey
Zardes Bradley Yedlin
Beckerman​

Guzan​

If Jurgen insists on 4-4-2 I would do

Johansson Dempsey

Zardes Bradley Beckerman Bedoya

Beasley Brooks Alvarado Johnson​

* Bring Yedlin on in ealry in the second half to relieve Bedoya and add more pace to a tiring opponent.

Would like to see a 4-2-3-1

_Johansson_

Zardes _____________Demspey ______________Bedoya

^ Bradley____________Beckerman

Beasley _________Alvarado __________Brooks___________Johnson
* Same as before bring yedlin on for Bedoya.

I think this would help us clog up the mdifield a bit more on counters and gets Dempsey more involved. Bradley can push up when necessary while Beckerman provides cover. (Wish we had Danny Williams on the roster to relieve Beckerman as a defensive midfielder when necesary).

Johansson Dempsey

* Bring Yedlin on in ealry in the second half to relieve Bedoya and add more pace to a tiring opponent.

Johansson

Zardes Demspey Bedoya

^ Bradley Beckerman

I think this would help us clog up the mdifield a bit more on counters and gets Dempsey more involved. Bradley can push up when necessary while Beckerman provides cover. (Wish we had Danny Williams on the roster to relieve Beckerman as a defensive midfielder when necesary).

A 4-2-3-1 would certainly help our defense, but would hurt our attack. Deuce in the 10 role with only 1 target man is not ideal, IMO.

A 4-2-3-1 would certainly help our defense, but would hurt our attack. Deuce in the 10 role with only 1 target man is not ideal, IMO.

I just think we need to try something else. Our attack has been far form stellar and we are going to give up some counter attack goals if we continue to leave the midfield as open as we have. If we had a more established backline I think a 4-4-2 would be fine.

Could change Dempsey to striker, play Mix at CM, and Bradley at CAM

I just think we need to try something else. Our attack has been far form stellar and we are going to give up some counter attack goals if we continue to leave the midfield as open as we have. If we had a more established backline I think a 4-4-2 would be fine.

If you watch much European football, the 4-4-2 is considered tactically naive by many observers. It has persisted in England much more than in other countries. For national teams, it's easy to pick up, so it makes sense when you have a limited training camp and constant shuffling of personnel.

Bob Bradley could have employed a 4-2-3-1 - it would have fit his defense & counter-attack style. For Jurgen, though, it's a bit too defensive, but it does beef up with midfield with 5 instead of 4. To do that, though, you need an excellent number 10, a striker who is a constant threat to score, and you need offensive minded wingers who can pose a goal threat and also put in an effective cross.

Mix has been slumping lately with NY City. He needs help.

Johansson Dempsey
Zardes Bradley Yedlin
Beckerman​

Guzan​

Bedoya coming off a knee injury..

Agreed.

I don't see the 4-2-3-1 as an ideal formation.

Your 1 needs to be a target forward and the only one on the roster has left the building.

We do not have a true #10. Bradley is an 8 masquerading as a 10.

We do have the speed on the wings and God knows we have enough holding mids.

Johansson Dempsey

_Johansson_

Zardes _____________Demspey ______________Bedoya

^ Bradley____________Beckerman

Beasley _________Alvarado __________Brooks___________Johnson

With man to man principles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom