2015 FIFA Women's World Cup | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2015 FIFA Women's World Cup

Wow! Just wow! England was ready to go into overtime vs. Japan, 2 1/2 minutes into a 3 minute extra time period, and they kick it into their own net trying to clear.

I bet the USA is pissed, too.

Oh well, beat the No. 1 team in the world? Check. Beat the defending World Cup champions? (Hopefully) Check.

orange79 said:
Wow! Just wow! England was ready to go into overtime vs. Japan, 2 1/2 minutes into a 3 minute extra time period, and they kick it into their own net trying to clear. I bet the USA is pissed, too. Oh well, beat the No. 1 team in the world? Check. Beat the defending World Cup champions? (Hopefully) Check.

U.S. Wanted Japan. They want revenge for 2011.

Wow! Just wow! England was ready to go into overtime vs. Japan, 2 1/2 minutes into a 3 minute extra time period, and they kick it into their own net trying to clear.

I bet the USA is pissed, too.

Oh well, beat the No. 1 team in the world? Check. Beat the defending World Cup champions? (Hopefully) Check.
Thought England had more dangerous opportunities, but think they probably wanted Japan. US playing better than either of these two teams. Feel bad for the player.

Feel so bad for bassett... The chances that goes in are so slim. Time to go take care of business now.

Germany-England is a great third place match-up. I hope both teams will be motivated.

Congrats to the USNWT. With that said Johnston committed a red card foul IMO. It was the last defender in a clear goal situation. I don't think this ref did a good job. She wasn't giving cards consistent and the German RB should have gotten a second yellow at the 45 minute mark. I like the team, but despise the GK Solo. She makes it hard sometimes to like the team. The double standard on domestic violence is a black mark for the USSF.

It seems to me that the women generally speaking are called for far fewer fouls than in the men's game, and it seems they more frequently stay on their feet than the men when they play defense. Maybe the two are related. I thought the German went down easy on the first penalty. The US defender did get her hand on the German's shoulder, but part of it was that the German worked inside her and got body position; it wasn't just a straight grab. At least that's how I saw it.

I agree that on Morgan's penalty, she may have been looking for it, especially after not getting the call on the first one, but the defender hip checked her before she made a play on the ball. That's a solid penalty for me.

Ray Rice is the worst of the worst. I wouldn't compare Solo to that, but I want some consistency. I don't care if he nephew isn't small he isn't 6'9 that is her husband ex-NFL TE Jeremy Stevens. The nephew isn't a small boy, but the fact she skated just shows hypocrisy. If Tim Howard did what Solo did the USSF would have sent a message. If we want women's sports to grow there should be consistency. I applauded the WNBA for suspending Britney Grinner 7 games for domestic abuse incident.

Hope Solo skated period and the US Soccer Federation showed they aren't consistent.

Listen, the USSF is like the NCAA. Hope Solo knocked her nephew out, and Clint Dempsey got a 3 game suspension for ripping up some paper. Coincidence?

Game. Over... Was kinda over before it started anyway.

Hey you guys notice nike screwed up the US jerseys... Green? Typical Nike huh.

USWNT going all on Germany on Brazil from last year.
CJL9EeYUEAMFnPz.jpg

Gameplan by the USWNT coach.

Game. Over... Was kinda over before it started anyway.

Hey you guys notice nike screwed up the US jerseys... Green? Typical Nike huh.
Our women's jerseys look like Germany jerseys. Our women's team is the Germany of the women's game.

Our women's jerseys look like Germany jerseys. Our women's team is the Germany of the women's game.
Except the German kit doesn't have any green lol, Nike can't get anything right, agree about the latter point, obviously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom