UVM playing USC tonight | Syracusefan.com

UVM playing USC tonight

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
43-32 at the half. UVM has scored more points in the first half than SU did.

South Carolina continues to hack as much as they did in our game.

UVM didn't mount much of a challenge in the second half. Rolled. 68-50

43-32 at the half. UVM has scored more points in the first half than SU did.

South Carolina continues to hack as much as they did in our game.

I hate the abbreviation "UVM". The state's abbreviation is not VM and its name is not "Ver Mont", and the campus is in Burlington, not Montpelier or someplace else.

I hate the abbreviation "UVM". The state's abbreviation is not VM and its name is not "Ver Mont", and the campus is in Burlington, not Montpelier or someplace else.

Let's hate on the fact that 99.9% of the people outside of the state of South Carolina immediately think of Southern Cal when they see USC. In fact when you google USC it's mainly all about Southern Cal. You have to scroll down a bit to find a link to anything South Carolina.

I'm willing to leave this to the Vermonters. If they're not offended by the term of reference.

In case anyone else didn't read why.

Universitas Viridis Montis is the actual name of the school.

In case anyone else didn't read why.

Universitas Viridis Montis is the actual name of the school.

Actually not. The link said it was the translation of the Latin phrase University of the Green Mountains, which appears on their shield, but is not the actual name. Just like Harvard's insignia reads "Veritas" (for truth, if I recall correctly). Veritas is not the "official" name of Harvard.

Let's hate on the fact that 99.9% of the people outside of the state of South Carolina immediately think of Southern Cal when they see USC. In fact when you google USC it's mainly all about Southern Cal. You have to scroll down a bit to find a link to anything South Carolina.
'People' calling themselves "Cocks" have forfeited he right to complain.

Actually not. The link said it was the translation of the Latin phrase University of the Green Mountains, which appears on their shield, but is not the actual name. Just like Harvard's insignia reads "Veritas" (for truth, if I recall correctly). Veritas is not the "official" name of Harvard.
Seriously? I'm hung over as hell and you want to get technical about this?

Ver Mont. Translates to green mountains.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom