UW/Bama | Syracusefan.com

UW/Bama

Ish88888

All American
UW battled. The UW defensive line was impressive, big, fast, penetrating. Most long bama runs were their beastly rbs breaking tackles. The difference was the bone headed pick6 right before the half. Thats a different game at 10-7.

I detest Bama. Their offense is suspect, but their defense is just manly. If you're going to beat them, you have to keep them chasing you on the scoreboard, which means beating that defense and keeping them on the field. Between Clemson and OSU, I think Clemson can really test that defense.

I'll puke if we have to watch Bama/OSU. It'll be a 17-14 game, and the media lovefest for Saban and Meyer will be sickening.

I detest Bama. Their offense is suspect, but their defense is just manly. If you're going to beat them, you have to keep them chasing you on the scoreboard, which means beating that defense and keeping them on the field. Between Clemson and OSU, I think Clemson can really test that defense.

I'll puke if we have to watch Bama/OSU. It'll be a 17-14 game, and the media lovefest for Saban and Meyer will be sickening.

Agree, the key is getting that offense down by 10+ in the second half! Hurts will be the worst qb to win a NC ever. The p6 before the half was the undoing of UW.

UW couldn't match Bama in the trenches.

Actually, they did on defense. The UW DL penetrated all night and hurts was running for his life. Bama gave up tons of tfls , the most i have seen in a while. The game was won on the p6 before the half and #9's sick run, breaking tons of tackles. That said, the UW dline pushed the bama oline around.

Actually, they did on defense. The UW DL penetrated all night and hurts was running for his life. Bama gave up tons of tfls , the most i have seen in a while. The game was won on the p6 before the half and #9's sick run, breaking tons of tackles. That said, the UW dline pushed the bama oline around.

I didn't see the entire game, but it would seem by the score that UW's D was up to the challenge. Their offense pulled a Cuse circa late Coach P when they left the D hanging all the time.

Kiffin called a HORRIBLE game today. Not enough running of the ball and too match passing. If they would have kept running after they got their first TD it would have made Hurts job a lot easier. They put him in some tough situations. He was also not good today on the option reads today either. They play like that against Clemson they will get beat.

I didn't see the entire game, but it would seem by the score that UW's D was up to the challenge. Their offense pulled a Cuse circa late Coach P when they left the D hanging all the time.

As you said, you didn't watch the game and thats why the final score doesn't always paint the proper picture.

Reactions: FAL
Bama's defense could shut out a couple of nfl offenses, their qb play is going to have to get much better if they want to beat Clemson, Clemson can match them up front.

Glad to see that that ain't gonna happen!

So what's the deal with 'Bama refusing to shake hands after the coin toss? Was there some bad blood (i.e. smack talk by UW in the weeks leading up to the game)? Did not watch the whole game, caught the end and saw the highlights, Alabama comes across as the second coming of the 80's Miami teams. They got called for two personal fouls on UW's last offensive play, that one DE taunting UW at halftime and calling them soft afterwards. I thought Saban's response to the sideline reporters question about the two personal fouls was a bit obnoxious as well. I will be rooting for Clemson in the title game.

I was impressed with Washington's defense.

So was i, especially their dline, they penetrated and beat the bama oline all night. Most big runs were the big rbs breaking tackles.

So what's the deal with 'Bama refusing to shake hands after the coin toss? Was there some bad blood (i.e. smack talk by UW in the weeks leading up to the game)? Did not watch the whole game, caught the end and saw the highlights, Alabama comes across as the second coming of the 80's Miami teams. They got called for two personal fouls on UW's last offensive play, that one DE taunting UW at halftime and calling them soft afterwards. I thought Saban's response to the sideline reporters question about the two personal fouls was a bit obnoxious as well. I will be rooting for Clemson in the title game.

I noticed that too. Saban is tough to route for. I know a few diehard bama fans and they think he is an ahole too. He was arguing the play clock penalty when it obviously ran out. Had his defensive front clapping their hands to mimic the snap, should have been defensive delay of game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom