Va played only one sr | Syracusefan.com

Va played only one sr

jgeorge322

Living Legend
He wasnt close to their best player and anderson is a jr. I dont see anyone leaving. Should be another good year for them next year.

If we had any type of offense we win tonight...the zone gave them issues. With that being said if Bennett stays there UVA will be a force and a pain in the a** for a long time...

If we had any type of offense we win tonight...the zone gave them issues. With that being said if Bennett stays there UVA will be a force and a pain in the a** for a long time...

The zone gave them issues for 12 minutes. Unfortunately the game is 40.

The zone gave them issues for 12 minutes. Unfortunately the game is 40.

Was gonna say the same thing. They picked it apart just like Duke on Saturday. And that was without their best player and shooter. IMO, these teams are simply too good at moving the ball and shooting to play zone.

I get that we are limited, but we have been absolutely torched on D this year outside of a few games (va tech last few minutes, Louisville, ND).

It's odd how variable it is.

I get that we are limited, but we have been absolutely torched on D this year outside of a few games (va tech last few minutes, Louisville, ND).

It's odd how variable it is.

I think the quality of our defense depends a lot on how we play on offense. We're a lot more active after we actually make a few shots. Unfortunately, that's rarely happened this year.

these teams are simply too good at moving the ball and shooting to play zone.
lol, virginia is not a good shooting team. they torched us with guard penetration and rebounding

lol, virginia is not a good shooting team. they torched us with guard penetration and rebounding

Fair enough. I was at the gym while watching the second half, and they hit a few 3s when I glanced at the TV. They made 6. Thought it was more.

Was gonna say the same thing. They picked it apart just like Duke on Saturday. And that was without their best player and shooter. IMO, these teams are simply too good at moving the ball and shooting to play zone.

The zone works when we have the pieces. Right now, we lack length in the back line, we certainly lack depth, and one of our guards up top sucks D when it comes to playing D.

Fresh players and the right guys make all the difference. Put this Virginia team against the zone we had with MCW and they score 30 points on a good night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom