Va Tech Game Thread | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Va Tech Game Thread

Well.. that was fun. My stomach turns to think VPI is just a stronger all around team. There is NO excuse however for playing the way Syracuse did for SJ,Gtown,UCant etc

Well.. that was fun. My stomach turns to think VPI is just a stronger all around team. There is NO excuse however for playing the way Syracuse did for SJ,Gtown,UCant etc

They aren't even that good, add it to the list of disappointing losses.

Yeah VT did not impress me. Played a solid but not an amazing game, we played like crap, compared to what we've come to expect which isn't that good anyway, and was still pretty much in that game. Robey in foul trouble and bad pg play again cost us the game.

Wasn't Mike Stephens one of the refs in the infamous Ohio St elite 8 game when Waiters fouled out in 11 mins?

If we played like we did the last 4 minutes we would be fine. So damn frustrating. I don't ever complain about the officials but they blew tonight. Completely took the fun and the rhythm out of the game.

We took ourselves and the fun out of the game by lacksadasical D, turnovers, etc. We certainly got plenty of calls mid/late 2H. Like you say we needed to play with more of a sense of purpose like how they did towards the end. Gillon should've been attacking more. Lydon was a non-factor even before the ankle roll even though he was moving fine after. Very disappointing performance.

I'll say it now...love Buzz as a coach. Wish we could pry him or Jay Wright away as our next HC...no offense to Hop, just love those two guys!

We took ourselves and the fun out of the game by lacksadasical D, turnovers, etc. We certainly got plenty of calls mid/late 2H. Like you say we needed to play with more of a sense of purpose like how they did towards the end. Gillon should've been attacking more. Lydon was a non-factor even before the ankle roll even though he was moving fine after. Very disappointing performance.

You thought Lydon was moving fine? He could barely run up and down the court. JB should have taken him out once he noticed that. Total liability.

I'll say it now...love Buzz as a coach. Wish we could pry him or Jay Wright away as our next HC...no offense to Hop, just love those two guys!

He's effective but I hate watching it. Just not good ball to watch, in my opinion.

He's effective but I hate watching it. Just not good ball to watch, in my opinion.
Can't be much worse than the one on one isolation offense we've been running for 41 years...and yes, the sweating would get really old! But he's just a flat out great dude!

Can't be much worse than the one on one isolation offense we've been running for 41 years...and yes, the sweating would get really old! But he's just a flat out great dude!

I've enjoyed watching our offense for the great majority of Boeheim's tenure. Gotta have the players for it though, to be sure.

That was a terrible decision as well to shoot that turnaround fadeway.

it was typical lydon though . Small man in a big man's body. Has no idea how to use his size. Had a guy a foot shorter than him guarding him and the second he felt any resistance, gave up trying to big boy him and instead did something I would have to resort to against yao ming

I've enjoyed watching our offense for the great majority of Boeheim's tenure. Gotta have the players for it though, to be sure.
Yeah, I don't think ours is any better or worse than what Buzz is running. We just usually have that "guy" that can shine in the iso. Just not this year. Thought Lydon would but...nope.

Tech is pretty good and Buzz clearly knows our scheme.

Howard is the lowest IQ guy I can remember at SU.
We got lucky to beat them last year at the Dome too.

TBH, we can lose 7 total ACC games - and I'd rather lose a road game vs. a decent team than lose a game vs. a team like FSU, ND or Duke which could really help boost or resume. Today doesn't hurt our case in a "bad loss" type of way - it hurts because we now we have room for about 5 more losses

Excellent summary of tonight's game. Maybe VT is simply a solid defensive team because we couldn't even get off any 3s almost the entire game. Thompson was a bright spot tonight. Still gets lost on defense but he seems to be a little bit better. This team simply can't win unless maybe 4 of the 6 players are playing well.

We got lucky to beat them last year at the Dome too.

TBH, we can lose 7 total ACC games - and I'd rather lose a road game vs. a decent team than lose a game vs. a team like FSU, ND or Duke which could really help boost or resume. Today doesn't hurt our case in a "bad loss" type of way - it hurts because we now we have room for about 5 more losses

Great Analysis. I was thinking the same.

Excellent summary of tonight's game. Maybe VT is simply a solid defensive team because we couldn't even get off any 3s almost the entire game. Thompson was a bright spot tonight. Still gets lost on defense but he seems to be a little bit better. This team simply can't win unless maybe 4 of the 6 players are playing well.

Yup. Pissed away nice games by him (offensively) and Battle. Yeah, like you say 4 out of the 6 must play well and both offense/defense must be steady/decent. Or maybe it is sense of urgency. I don't know what this all means. One thing for sure; we CANNOT wait til end of the games to figure out how to play. Gillon should be blasting through that token VT pressure from the get go. Interior D needs to adjust quicker. Lydon needs to not coast at the beginning of games. Ugh.

This is really sad. Nobody in the chat room... and apparently not to many people posting here. I never thought I'd see it like this in my lifetime.

maybe they are all on Nunes Magician

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom