Va Tech Game Thread | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Va Tech Game Thread

maybe they are all on Nunes Magician
Actually, he was in the wrong chat room. Two were created at the same time. He found his way over. We had over 40 posters.

We took ourselves and the fun out of the game by lacksadasical D, turnovers, etc. We certainly got plenty of calls mid/late 2H. Like you say we needed to play with more of a sense of purpose like how they did towards the end. Gillon should've been attacking more. Lydon was a non-factor even before the ankle roll even though he was moving fine after. Very disappointing performance.

Finally got the chance to watch last night. Our defense was really bad. Gillon and Thompson with their arms down until JB finally screamed at TT. Thompson's defense is just atrocious and will be that way for a long, long time. He doesn't even consider playing hard on that end of the floor. The one follow-up slam in the second half was completely his fault. Doesn't even think about finding a body to box out when the shot goes up. He has some decent offensive moves, but he's right on the edge of traveling nearly every time.

I saw one poster mention the team looked down last night and was tying that to Howard, but they were looking that way long before Howard ever checked into the game.

The thread on Roberson now seems even more ridiculous. Yes, he made a couple bad plays to start, but played pretty well the rest of the game as far as I saw. I think he needs to start to be effective. He's not a high energy off the bench kind of guy. Assuming Lydon's ankle is okay, TT shouldn't start, but come off the bench to provide some instant offense.

Finally got the chance to watch last night. Our defense was really bad. Gillon and Thompson with their arms down until JB finally screamed at TT. Thompson's defense is just atrocious and will be that way for a long, long time. He doesn't even consider playing hard on that end of the floor. The one follow-up slam in the second half was completely his fault. Doesn't even think about finding a body to box out when the shot goes up. He has some decent offensive moves, but he's right on the edge of traveling nearly every time.

I saw one poster mention the team looked down last night and was tying that to Howard, but they were looking that way long before Howard ever checked into the game.

The thread on Roberson now seems even more ridiculous. Yes, he made a couple bad plays to start, but played pretty well the rest of the game as far as I saw. I think he needs to start to be effective. He's not a high energy off the bench kind of guy. Assuming Lydon's ankle is okay, TT shouldn't start, but come off the bench to provide some instant offense.

I agree with you that I think Roberson should start because Taurean is a turnstile, but why was he effective against Miami and Pitt then?

I agree with you that I think Roberson should start because Taurean is a turnstile, but why was he effective against Miami and Pitt then?

Which one? Sorry, don't understand the question.

Which one? Sorry, don't understand the question.

I think he is asking that you say Roby is not a high energy off the bench guy, but was effective against Miami and Pitt in that role and is wondering what made him effective in those games in that role.

Speaking about Roberson. I thought he was the difference in those two games.
I think he is asking that you say Roby is not a high energy off the bench guy, but was effective against Miami and Pitt in that role and is wondering what made him effective in those games in that role.

Sorry, got caught up in actual work. Man I need to hit the lottery soon.

My answer to that is I don't know. Could be all about what happens first to Roby in the game. He made an immediate mistake and that seemed to sour his attitude against VaTech. Could be something as simple as that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom