Venting frustration | Syracusefan.com

Venting frustration

HtownOrange

Living Legend
I love the Orange and I follow them closely. I have been a loyal fan and I like HCSS the person, the staff and their approach to building good young men, but I do think they need to focus a little bit on football.

This season, the defense is weak, being young was an excuse for the first few weeks, not so any longer. Defensive schemes and positions are easy enough to learn. There is no excuse for seeing no significant improvement by now. This defense is nothing like a SS defense under Marone. Bullough needs to step up.

The offense is vanilla and lacks creativity, fails to take advantage of circumstances. The play calling becomes predictable and it appears that if the Orange are up, the game becomes Big 10's 3 yards and a cloud of dust. I know we lack a few more keys but we have enough to keep the game rolling. Lester needs to step up.

I am losing the desire to watch games. I love college football, but Syracuse is not fun to watch. Sure, we have some players and a couple highlights but when this team should be winning and they are not, the motivation to watch games severely diminishes. HCSS needs to step up.

I will be there week in and week out, please give me a reason other than loyalty.

Rant over. Go Orange.

I hear ya. I hate being negative but when is enough, enough? We make poor to mediocre offenses look great. We leave receivers open on EVERY play. I'm sure our players care, but after every 40 yard pass we give up our DBs run off the field like it's no big deal. I don't want to start all over but I don't have any hope that things will change next year anymore. It's not the players. It's the coaching. I just wish I didn't care as much as I do, it's driving me crazy. 558 yards to an average team? While we manage 200.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom