Very Concerned About Duke Game | Syracusefan.com

Very Concerned About Duke Game

Faegan

All Conference
david-cutcliffe-duke-7-21-14-358df501aad92a6d.jpg

mars.jpg

Reality or cartoon science fiction...

It's a loss.

Duck Fuke. Will they be decent sure? Are they the toughest team on our schedule? Not hardly. 5th maybe. MAYBE.....

Fact is they got hammered by GT, just like us. They barely lost to Pitt, just like us. They got hammered by FSU, just like us. They played NC State better but they were at home, we were on the road. And they beat Wake by a TD. 4 of their wins were by a TD or less meaning they were on the verge of doing nothing, very similar to us. Fact is they are a good football team but certainly nobody we are going to be afraid of, especially in our house.

Duck Fuke. Will they be decent sure? Are they the toughest team on our schedule? Not hardly. 5th maybe. MAYBE...

Fact is they got hammered by GT, just like us. They barely lost to Pitt, just like us. They got hammered by FSU, just like us. They played NC State better but they were at home, we were on the road. And they beat Wake by a TD. 4 of their wins were by a TD or less meaning they were on the verge of doing nothing, very similar to us. Fact is they are a good football team but certainly nobody we are going to be afraid of, especially in our house.
... and lost their OC.

Their basketball team found out what the Dome is like, the football team like West Virginia, and Louisville will imagine they've been to hell, and back when they leave.

You guys fear duke? I fear louisville before duke if you can even call that fear. I have faith in our boys to perform at home and to rise to the occasion.

Remember this?

"I envision an Orange crush defense that makes the opponents' families cringe when their child is about to get hit," he said with a smile. "I want to put the fear of God in the opposing football player that happens to have the ball underneath his arm. That's what we want to do, play an aggressive style of defense that people love to watch.

"When we get the opposition in the loud house (the Carrier Dome), we lock the doors behind them and we don't let them out."

-> http://espn.go.com/college-football...-orange-introduce-scott-shafer-new-head-coach

Come on in Dukies.

I know the captain of the last Duke team to win an ACC championship, under Steve Spurrier.. His name is Carey "Bubba" Metts. It only took two of us to wrestle him down to the ground on our last muskie trip to the 1000 islands. And he puked like a girl.

He's a p***y. and he wore an SU Starter jacket on the boat, because preppies can't prepare for the north. It's been 25 years since starter jackets were cool. But I still love Bubba.

Last edited:
There's only two teams on the schedule I'm "very concerned" with: FSU and Clemson.

The next level is ND, Duke, Lville.[/QUOTE

Agree with almost every thing you wrote, except I would put the Cards ahead of the Dukies.

Remember this?

"I envision an Orange crush defense that makes the opponents' families cringe when their child is about to get hit," he said with a smile. "I want to put the fear of God in the opposing football player that happens to have the ball underneath his arm. That's what we want to do, play an aggressive style of defense that people love to watch.

"When we get the opposition in the loud house (the Carrier Dome), we lock the doors behind them and we don't let them out."

-> http://espn.go.com/college-football...-orange-introduce-scott-shafer-new-head-coach

Come on in Dukies.

Well put. Duke will get a reality check this fall.

I have like bloodlust when i think of duke, ul, pitt, bc, nc st and maryland. Quite frankly it may be unhealthy.

There's only two teams on the schedule I'm "very concerned" with: FSU and Clemson.

The next level is ND, Duke, Lville.

Pitt Pitt Pitt Pitt Pitt Pitt Pitt......

1-4 over last 5 games. 2-8 over last 10. We have a better record with UL than we do Pitt. That's a team of serious concern right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom