vibe busting loss - a Fran Buster if you will | Syracusefan.com

vibe busting loss - a Fran Buster if you will

swish7

All Conference
Ripping off Iron Man's Hulk Buster suit, and considering that HC Fran is our pre-Thanos Hulk, and the new positive vibe for a resurgence in SU athletics, the more of these 20+ point hoops losses and 45 point football losses we have the more the vibe of landing a King JE or a Dion Wilson is killed.

This was a Fran Busting loss, coming off a Fran worthy WBB win against ND.

HC FB has been so exciting I am not even peeking ahead to lacrosse. I'm getting my fix from HC FBs recruiting wins.

The minimum we gotta do to avoid Fran Busters is play competitively.

The 1st 25 teetered on Fran Worthiness, but the missed bunnies should have been a clue that Fran Busting was on the horizon.

Can we just be competitive in these losses? And no, within 10 with 10 minutes left when the door clearly had fallen off is not being competitive. 2, 3, whatever rando Puke McD AAs not named Flipouchy just absolutely raining perfect 3 after perfect 3 on us, net not even moving, Bell or Taylor or whomever was supposed to close out watching helplessly from 8 feet away.
Can we have some balanced scoring? Can we have the occasional 6-8 point game against a Q1 opponent from 2-3 people not named Judah Mintz, and not that games surprise 2nd leading scorer (i.e. Q one day and Brown the next)? Can Taylor or Cuffe or heck, Bell at this point, 'pop off' for the occasional 3 basket game?
Can we have an O system that allows us to get basic shots off against Q1 opponents? Does everything have to be so hard, so twisty-bendy and like a March Madness game winner attempt? Just drive, protect the ball, create some separation, square up, go up, and shoot at the round thing...
Can Naheem just do the utterly most basic big man thing like hold the ball above his head, stand tall, and drop it into the bucket? Who coaches him anyway? Billy Celuck? Peter Carey?

Or you could look at it realistically and say the OOC results are better than reasonable expectations. We have zero resume destroying losses. You could also say that the team has responded very well each time they have taken there lumps. Is it disappointing? Yes, but peoples fixation on the margin is silly. The board would look very similar today if we had lost by 6. This team is getting better but the ceiling this year is not as high as we would like it to be.

Last edited:
Or you could look at it realistically and say the OOC results are better than reasonable expectations. We have zero resume destroying losses. You could also say that the team has responded very well each time they have taken there lumps. Is it disappointing? Yes, but peoples fixation on the margin is silly. They board would look very similar today if we had lost by 6. This team is getting better but the ceiling this year is not as high as we would like it to be.
I'm not a cheerleader.
We need quad 1 wins, if we have any hope of making the tournament.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom