Vikings: Adrian Peterson to return | Syracusefan.com

Vikings: Adrian Peterson to return

Their is no excuse for using a switch on a four year old child, none. Spanking was not rare when I grew up in a family of several children, but don't remember my dad even spanking a child as young as four. You have a guy who is big enough and strong enough to play pro football and he needs to use a switch. That's way beyond discipline; just plane cruel and sick.

He whipped and tortured a defenseless four year old boy. He admitted he did it. There's something wrong with the NFL and its culture from players, to owners to the Vikings (and Ravens and Panthers) fans that are probably happy that he's back.

i have no issue with him playing until the justice system makes its ruling. Everyone here is overly judgmental all the time, its amazing. This is America. Innocent until proven guilty. This isnt Iraq where you get beheaded for looking at someone wrong.

i have no issue with him playing until the justice system makes its ruling. Everyone here is overly judgmental all the time, its amazing. This is America. Innocent until proven guilty. This isnt Iraq where you get beheaded for looking at someone wrong.
The boy was lacerated. Peterson admitted to doing it, and as far as I can tell he wasn't coerced into a confession at gunpoint. I think he's a POS and should be suspended long enough to hurt him as much as he hurt that terrified child. I guess that makes me "judgmental." And damned proud of it.

(The justice system's ruling may strengthen the league's own private action, but it is a separate issue.)

TBCuse11 said:

Innocent until proven guilty only applies to the government.And he has admitted he did it. Most people would be fired if they did what he did.

And I didn't realize suspending someone with pay was the same as beheading. But hey, defend the guy who beat the s*** out of a four year old until he bled.

I generally agree with waiting for the justice system but I've always said I could never be on a jury for child abuse. Those pictures were enough for me. I can't even watch news stories on child abuse. I have to change the channel. It just infuriates me - if that's even a strong enough word.

I generally agree with waiting for the justice system but I've always said I could never be on a jury for child abuse. Those pictures were enough for me. I can't even watch news stories on child abuse. I have to change the channel. It just infuriates me - if that's even a strong enough word.

I am not going to get in to definitions and logistics, but what AP did is not child abuse. This was child endangerment. Still bad, obviously, but a much lesser penalty. Also to whoever the naive person was that said i was defending AP, LOL. Grow up. There is quite a big difference between saying that i will let the justice system play out and mailing AP a fresh batch of switches from Amazon.com

TBCuse11 said:
I am not going to get in to definitions and logistics, but what AP did is not child abuse. This was child endangerment. Still bad, obviously, but a much lesser penalty. Also to whoever the naive person was that said i was defending AP, LOL. Grow up. There is quite a big difference between saying that i will let the justice system play out and mailing AP a fresh batch of switches from Amazon.com

You compared AP getting suspended from playing football to ISIS beheadings.

I am appalled by AP's actions here. I get that sometimes you need to make a firm point with kids, perhaps a swat on the ass, but this kid was only 4 years old. If you look at the pictures, it looks like he was hit by the stitch a dozen or more times, and drew blood.

That seems terribly brutal to me. It's hard to imagine a judge or jury treating this lightly.

No surprise. Vikings lost sunday so they need him back.

Ditka said it best Sunday; the choice has to be made about what is more important, doing what is right or winning games. The Vikings have made their choice.

The NFL is disgusting. He sits 1 game...totally disgusting. The Vikings have no guts at all.

Richie Incognito picked on a teammate and talked dirty talk to him over text messages and made fun of him in the locker-room and the Dolphins suspended him for 4 games then sent him home with pay after that the rest of the year just so he wasn't around. What AP did was 100% worse and they (the Vikings) are begging him to come back and play after 1 week off and the NFL is allowing it!

Give me a break

No surprise. Vikings lost sunday so they need him back.

Ditka said it best Sunday; the choice has to be made about what is more important, doing what is right or winning games. The Vikings have made their choice.

Now they can get back to normal, losing with AP

and with his short vacation in 9 months he will be announcing the birth of his 40th kid

"It's not like he killed someone."
Ray Lewis

Sounds like he's on your fantasy team. Appalling.

not in this forum LOL. This place is the most dramatic place on planet earth. Rivals any soap opera.

While that's probably true... is it really possible to be too dramatic about a 4-year-old being beaten to a pulp?

Haha, I know. I never really liked the jumbled mess that was my initials/birthday username, wanted to make it simpler.

I figure if Ron Artest can change his name, why not me?

Eric World Peace?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom