Vintage Syracuse Football Throwback Link? Can someone repost? | Syracusefan.com

Vintage Syracuse Football Throwback Link? Can someone repost?

orangeinjersey

All Conference
Speaking of UNIFORMS, a few months ago someone posted a link to a brand/store that was selling sewn good quality Syracuse Football jerseys, ernie davis jim brown era. I can't find that link, can someone repost please? Thanks

I was the person who made the orginal post. I got the Jim Brown one but then in February I ordered the Ernie Davis jersey as well. After several weeks of not getting it, I was able to find an e-mail address for the company. Someone finally responded and said they can take a while to get there. Well, now it's two months after my order and I still have not received the jersey. The guy e-mailed me after I sent an another e-mail expressing my frustration and dissatisfaction. The guy responded with a rant about how they don't use sweat shops; their stuff is American made and that they'd be giving me a refund--a refund that I did not ask for. I wrote back that I don't want a refund, I want the jersey I ordered. To date, I have not received the jersey or the refund.

..just a note of caution.

I was the person who made the orginal post. I got the Jim Brown one but then in February I ordered the Ernie Davis jersey as well. After several weeks of not getting it, I was able to find an e-mail address for the company. Someone finally responded and said they can take a while to get there. Well, now it's two months after my order and I still have not received the jersey. The guy e-mailed me after I sent an another e-mail expressing my frustration and dissatisfaction. The guy responded with a rant about how they don't use sweat shops; their stuff is American made and that they'd be giving me a refund--a refund that I did not ask for. I wrote back that I don't want a refund, I want the jersey I ordered. To date, I have not received the jersey or the refund.

oh man, thats awful. Both jerseys say "in-stock and ready to ship".

Quick question, anyone know where I could find/buy a McNabb or Harrison throwback jersey?

Clev04 said:
Quick question, anyone know where I could find/buy a McNabb or Harrison throwback jersey?

I heard you can get a McNabb throwback in Arizona.

What is the fit like on those, is an XL really huge? I always have trouble ordering stuff like that because sometimes I'm a L and sometimes an XL depending on the manufacturer.

It's big; I wouldn't say huge. The sleeves are long. I'm pretty muscular and it fits me well, other than the sleeve length.

It's big; I wouldn't say huge. The sleeves are long. I'm pretty muscular and it fits me well, other than the sleeve length.

Thanks. Guess I'll roll the dice on a L :)

What is the fit like on those, is an XL really huge? I always have trouble ordering stuff like that because sometimes I'm a L and sometimes an XL depending on the manufacturer.

I'm 6'4" and lanky and went with a large. It fits great now but If it ever shrank, I may be in a bit of trouble. I'm glad I went with the large though.

What size do you suggest for me?
dj_qualls_road_trip_001.jpg

Hey Iommi... did you ever end up receiving the jersey? I really want one of those puppies but don't want to throw money way either. Thanks!

Hey Iommi... did you ever end up receiving the jersey? I really want one of those puppies but don't want to throw money way either. Thanks!

Believe it or not, no, I have yet to receive the Ernie Davis jersey. I e-mailed my contact in the company last month and he said that I should be getting it in the Fall (I ordered it in February!). He again talked about the difficulties of getting product out with their made in America/ non-sweatshop business and did offer me a refund... I told him I don't want a refund; I want my jersey. I'm going to reach out to them again. It's ridiculous. He even had the gall to offer me a Csonka jersey at a reduced rate...gee, thanks, a-hole.

Believe it or not, no, I have yet to receive the Ernie Davis jersey. I e-mailed my contact in the company last month and he said that I should be getting it in the Fall (I ordered it in February!). He again talked about the difficulties of getting product out with their made in America/ non-sweatshop business and did offer me a refund... I told him I don't want a refund; I want my jersey. I'm going to reach out to them again. It's ridiculous. He even had the gall to offer me a Csonka jersey at a reduced rate...gee, thanks, a-hole.

damn, i wanted one for the ND Metlife game. If i order now, I still may not get it before ND joins the conference as a full member

Wild! Hopefully Fall means September-- in time for the season. Thanks for the update. Really stinks that they are holding you over the coals like this. Let me know if you ever end up getting it!

Ok I just took the plunge, hopefully it doesn't take me 8 months to get mine.

Given the poor customer service by this company it sounds like an ideal business opportunity for someone with the time and know how.

3 weeks in on my Ernie Davis jersey and I'm in the same boat, emailed both their website and an email address on my paypal transaction (after your experience I made sure to use paypal), no response. Finally opened a paypal inquiry and literally a minute later get an email asking why I opened an inquiry and that "the website clearly states that it takes up to 6 weeks for your jersey to ship". I looked at every single page I saw through the order process and not a single one of them has that stated, nor did my order confirmation. And the store doesn't even have a phone number posted anywhere. I'm not very confident at this point. I'll probably end up opening a paypal claim unless something miraculous happens.

Last edited:
3 weeks in on my Ernie Davis jersey and I'm in the same boat, emailed both their website and an email address on my paypal transaction (after your experience I made sure to use paypal), no response. Finally opened a paypal inquiry and literally 5 minutes later get an email asking why I opened an inquiry and that "the website clearly states that it takes up to 6 weeks for your jersey to ship". I looked at every single page I saw through the order process and not a single one of them has that stated, nor did my order confirmation. And the store doesn't even have a phone number posted anywhere. I'm not very confident at this point. I'll probably end up opening a paypal claim unless something miraculous happens.

I could send you a PM with the email address of a guy at Tiedman & Formby, the manufacturer. Last week I requested a full refund and I was granted one...they credited by paypal account. Anyway, the bottom line is you will not get your jersey until this Fall, whatever that is defined to be by the company. Basically, my contact said they are done with production until the Fall. If you want to bug him, I'll be glad to get you his email. He will probably give you the same song and dance he gave me in the past about the company being on a tight budget, they don't use slave labor...yadda yadda yadda... It may be worth bugging him on principle alone.

I could send you a PM with the email address of a guy at Tiedman & Formby, the manufacturer. Last week I requested a full refund and I was granted one...they credited by paypal account. Anyway, the bottom line is you will not get your jersey until this Fall, whatever that is defined to be by the company. Basically, my contact said they are done with production until the Fall. If you want to bug him, I'll be glad to get you his email. He will probably give you the same song and dance he gave me in the past about the company being on a tight budget, they don't use slave labor...yadda yadda yadda... It may be worth bugging him on principle alone.

Probably the same guy that just emailed me. I sent two emails over 2 weeks and didn't get a response, and I mean literally a minute or two after I opened my paypal inquiry I had an email in my inbox. Not exactly a confidence builder lol.

Probably the same guy that just emailed me. I sent two emails over 2 weeks and didn't get a response, and I mean literally a minute or two after I opened my paypal inquiry I had an email in my inbox. Not exactly a confidence builder lol.

Is his name Noah?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom