Virginia Game Thread... | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Game Thread...

Even though they shot well and exploited our interior, I thought it was a good game. Really, both teams made shots. We had our chances to go ahead and any momentum we had got sucked out on the last jump ball call, followed by Perrentes' 3 ball. Personally I thought it could have been called over the back.
The interior zone was way better in the 2nd half.

Virginia shot 57% from the field, 44% from three. No, the zone did not look better today and it won't as long as Lydon or DC are playing the 5.
UVA always dissects the zone, they are built to do it. Our defense was really good for most of the second half. None of the 50/50 balls really went our way.

UVA always dissects the zone, they are built to do it. Our defense was really good for most of the second half. None of the 50/50 balls really went our way.

Indeed on the 50/50 balls. And we had 4 or 5 terrible possessions in second half.

My only thing is I feel Coleman should've been in down the stretch. He's not particularly good on D...but Lydon just gets abused. And Lydon isn't doing anything on offense to offset it.
Coleman is just as bad on defense. He gets abused because he's slow.

So glad someone else saw that.

It was pretty hilarious - I'm shocked he never gets called for it, but some other players get away with it too. I suppose that's why it never ends.

Grayson Allen does it almost as much as Cooney and only seems to get called once in awhile as well. TC did it again once in the second half pretty blatantly and I was surprised they didn't call him on it.

It was pretty hilarious - I'm shocked he never gets called for it, but some other players get away with it too. I suppose that's why it never ends.

Grayson Allen does it almost as much as Cooney and only seems to get called once in awhile as well. TC did it again once in the second half pretty blatantly and I was surprised they didn't call him on it.

It's the dribble that he does afterwards that makes it so obvious. It's almost like he's saying F you, call me for it if you dare. If he just passed the ball I think he'd get away with it, even though its close to 3 steps nearly every time.

It will really be a travesty if this team doesn't make the Tournament.

Gonna hurt like hell if our bubble gets popped. This team is good, not great. Sweet 16 capable without a doubt.
Think you guys will definitely make the tourney... Since JB has returned, you guys are playing good, borderline very good, ball... Tourney ranking from my view is a 6 seed at lowest... and probably a 4 or 5... good luck rest of year...

It's always been. 20 win seasons just hid it well. A one trick pony defense is such a joke. So sick of it.

you do realize that many of those 20 win seasons SU was not zone exclusive (1976 - 1995)

Think you guys will definitely make the tourney... Since JB has returned, you guys are playing good, borderline very good, ball... Tourney ranking from my view is a 6 seed at lowest... and probably a 4 or 5... good luck rest of year...
That's a little bit of a stretch

Virginia shot 57% from the field, 44% from three. No, the zone did not look better today and it won't as long as Lydon or DC are playing the 5.

That is correct. The major difference is we are making shots. That's making up for our nonexistent interior defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom