virginia got boned | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

virginia got boned

In the tournament, every team is a contender. Virginia should've played better. They didn't, so they lost. Seeding doesn't matter. Just win, or go home.

lets see, michigan st goes to sweet 16/elite 8/final 4 every freakin year. they have 1 of the greatest ncaa tournament coaches of all time. they struggled early but have been playing much better than a 7 seed the last month. has san diego st ever been to a final 4? i know who id rather play.

You forgot somebody. We also played Louavul twice (1-1) and they're now our permanent H&H partner replacing the Twerps.

oops. didnt realize there are now 4 home and homes. Add Louisville for UVA and Wake for Duke

UVa played awful but let's not act like A) They didn't get screwed by the committee and B) Didn't get screwed by the officiating.

As bad as they played, MSU had to play a great game and get questionable to bad calls going against UVa playing about as bad as they can play to get the win.

lets see, michigan st goes to sweet 16/elite 8/final 4 every freakin year. they have 1 of the greatest ncaa tournament coaches of all time. they struggled early but have been playing much better than a 7 seed the last month. has san diego st ever been to a final 4? i know who id rather play.

But past years have no effect on seeing. I'm not sure what you want the NCAA to do about it.

I'm sorry only 1 1-seed per conference? That's dumb if you have by far the best conference and deserve 2. I could see the ACC being good enough in a few years to have 2 and be in consideration for 3.

I'm all for conferences having multiple one's, but it shouldn't come by bypassing the conference champion.

UVa played awful but let's not act like A) They didn't get screwed by the committee and B) Didn't get screwed by the officiating.

As bad as they played, MSU had to play a great game and get questionable to bad calls going against UVa playing about as bad as they can play to get the win.

I can agree that UVA got boned on some of the ref's calls, but Mich St was still the dominating team yesterday. The close-ish score wasn't indicative of the game.

IMO, the better team won.

MSU earned a 7 seed based on this season.

UVA choked against Duke. Duke played the harder ACC schedule. NCAA gave Duke the 1 over them.

Thats a UVA problem. Not anyone else's.

Still, Virginia / Mich St. should have been a Sweet Sixteen match-up, not round of 32. Of all of the teams out there, Mich St. was not a team Virginia wanted to see early. Bad match-up. As a 2 seed, Virginia got a pretty damn tough draw. Still, if they could score with any consistency, they would have won. Slow down, deliberate ball kills you in the tournament if you get down and can't manufacture quick points.

Still, Virginia / Mich St. should have been a Sweet Sixteen match-up, not round of 32. Of all of the teams out there, Mich St. was not a team Virginia wanted to see early. Bad match-up.

Mich st was fairly a 7 seed. Mich st lost to some really bad directional school earlier this year.

Like UK was fairly and 8/9 seed last year and WSU got them.

Just b/c Mich St was playing a bit better (still not great) at the end of the season - doesnt make them any higher than a 6-8 seed.

uva played: wake, va tech and nc state twice
duke played: cuse, unc and notre dame twice
There's just too many teams to make for even schedules. Thus I think the only solution is to put less emphasis on who won the regular season ACC when doing seeding...Or at the very least, look at record against common opponents.

Last edited:
I thought the ACC only recognizes the tournament champ. In that case Uva won nothing.

the worst thing about being banned from the tournament is because apparently we have devolved into warring tribes of UVA & Duke supporters. It's getting a little Lord of the Flies in here.

But past years have no effect on seeing. I'm not sure what you want the NCAA to do about it.

years past doesnt effect seeding, im just pointing out what a much easier draw duke got over virginia. the guy was saying seeds and matchups dont matter, every team is a contender, blah blah blah. thats bs. duke got a bogus 1 seed with a cakewalk to sweet 16, meanwhile the acc regular season champs get 1 of the best ncaa tournament teams in the 2nd round, and a team that beat them in the tournament last year!!!

years past doesnt effect seeding, im just pointing out what a much easier draw duke got over virginia. the guy was saying seeds and matchups dont matter, every team is a contender, blah blah blah. thats bs. duke got a bogus 1 seed with a cakewalk to sweet 16, meanwhile the acc regular season champs get 1 of the best ncaa tournament teams in the 2nd round, and a team that beat them in the tournament last year!!!
translation: "previous tournament history doesn't effect seeding, except when I am using it to make my argument, so shut up!"

Mich st was fairly a 7 seed. Mich st lost to some really bad directional school earlier this year.

Like UK was fairly and 8/9 seed last year and WSU got them.

Just b/c Mich St was playing a bit better (still not great) at the end of the season - doesnt make them any higher than a 6-8 seed.

Dude...just let us make excuses for UVA without killing our attempts with logic! MSU busted our EFFIN brackets. :bang:

;)

they are quite similar to those Pitt teams of 5-10 years ago - gaudy conf records but just not built for the tourney

In the tournament, every team is a contender. Virginia should've played better. They didn't, so they lost. Seeding doesn't matter. Just win, or go home.
Everything you said was correct up until "seeding doesn't matter."

translation: "previous tournament history doesn't effect seeding, except when I am using it to make my argument, so shut up!"

where did i say michigan state being good in previous years effects their seeding? whether theyre a 10 seed 7 seed 4 seed or 1 seed theyre gonna be a tough out in the tournament.

where did i say michigan state being good in previous years effects their seeding? whether theyre a 10 seed 7 seed 4 seed or 1 seed theyre gonna be a tough out in the tournament.

You keep bringing it up as if it's relevant. It's really not.

if you can't follow you're own tortured logic to its own implications, that's a You problem.

You keep bringing it up as if it's relevant. It's really not.

you dont think its relevant that izzo's teams always improve throughout the year and play great in the tournament???

if you can't follow you're own tortured logic to its own implications, that's a You problem.

a you problem? lol. cant answer the question cause i never said it. and if you dont know the different between your and you're thats a you problem too so there!!!!!

Everything you said was correct up until "seeding doesn't matter."

Why does it matter? Win. that's the name of the game. Who cares if it's a 1 seed or 16 seed? Just win.

Why does it matter? Win. that's the name of the game. Who cares if it's a 1 seed or 16 seed? Just win.

so then why bother seeding teams? just pick each of the 64 teams out of a hat and let that determine the matchups.

so then why bother seeding teams? just pick each of the 64 teams out of a hat and let that determine the matchups.

Good question. Beats me, other than for fans to obsess about brackets, I've no idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom