Virginia Tech AD says ACCN To Launch later This Year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Tech AD says ACCN To Launch later This Year

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I can't wait to watch sporting events that look like they were filmed out of some dude's garage.

Am I the only one that thinks an ACC Network is a terrible idea? The business case for the BTN is already showing cracks, regardless of their deal with Fox. The landscape of cable and satellite is going to be unrecognizable five years from now.

What you're seeing at ESPN is the tip of the iceberg.

Am I the only one that thinks an ACC Network is a terrible idea? The business case for the BTN is already showing cracks, regardless of their deal with Fox. The landscape of cable and satellite is going to be unrecognizable five years from now.

Yeah I agree. These networks hit their nadir. They aren't the end all be all. They will provide additional revenue but not these jackpots that are necessary. If ESPN takes of the ACC and the revenue gap isn't astronomical then all the ACC needs to do is continuing winning and improving so that its next contract is higher.

I don't think the SECN and BTN are going to be these huge cashcows in 5 years.

Good call Kaiser!
just another dumb hillbilly.

and this would leak, its not earth rattling news like Syracuse and Pitt leaving the bigmidwest for the ACC that should/would need to be kept under wraps.

Tend to agree that it's not the best financial move but I would like the ACC Network just for the random programming and replays of games like the BTN and SECN have now.

As I suspected. There was just no way he said this.
Me too..found it hard to believe as lead time seems like a year plus to get it rolling. I was hopeful that the VT AD was showing that things were much further along than evidence dictated...#NinjaRules

BTW, is there something I'm not doing at VT's Forum (Techsideline) with setting up my view? I have to click on every friggin response individually...really annoying for viewing threads from a mediocre group of posters over there.

BTW, is there something I'm not doing at VT's Forum (Techsideline) with setting up my view? I have to click on every friggin response individually...really annoying for viewing threads from a mediocre group of posters over there.
At the top of the board, click on MORE over to the right. Then click Edit Profile. Scroll Down and make sure the button for "Classic View" is selected. Unselect "Modern View".

You will have to click on all the responses in the thread, but you won't have to read them all.

TexanMark said:

The worst format ever.

At the top of the board, click on MORE over to the right. Then click Edit Profile. Scroll Down and make sure the button for "Classic View" is selected. Unselect "Modern View".

You will have to click on all the responses in the thread, but you won't have to read them all.

Your forum is like that too, you guys have to get off of the 1999 style forums lol.

I just hope it has a national presence or a streaming option or on Apple, Roku etc. As much as I don't like the current situation, I have been able to see almost every game in AZ, unless it is a Raycom game. And that is my concern.

Tend to agree that it's not the best financial move but I would like the ACC Network just for the random programming and replays of games like the BTN and SECN have now.

My hope is to have a Roku/AppleTV/etc version that can deliver streaming HD-quality content like Netflix does. I think that's the business case of the future.

Well, if ND wants to join the B1G, it's going to cost them. They are contractually obligated to join the ACC only for the next 11 or so years. I don't know what the penalty would be if they joined another conference, but it has to be considerable. In addition, they are obligated to pay the same exit fee ($50+ M) any full-membership team would. I don't see the B1G in ND's immediate future.

As we've come to learn, anything is possible. But. . .

Another round of shuffling? Other than the Big XII living up to its name, where is the logic? (And would that add value to Texas/OU?)

ND to the B1G? Over a lot of dead Irish bodies.

Who the F is Joe Ovies???

Screw him.

Just a loser trying to get followers.

Nothing to see here...

Who the F is Joe Ovies???

Screw him.

Just a loser trying to get followers.

Nothing to see here...
It's not him pushing the rumor. It's Tim Brando. Not saying it's true, but he's not a nobody.