Virginia Tech AD says ACCN To Launch later This Year | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Tech AD says ACCN To Launch later This Year

Twitter? Really? Its the wild west right now in terms of TV rights.

Do we hitch our horse with Cable TV providers?
Do we go with an internet/tv hybrid?
Do we go exclusively through YouTube?
Do we go through Twitter?
Do we buy MySpace and start a completely new model?

Hell, do we just go Amish and unplug completely?
"WE CHURN OUR OWN BUTTER IN THIS LEAGUE...DAMMIT"

Hell, do we just go Amish and unplug completely?
"WE CHURN OUR OWN BUTTER IN THIS LEAGUE...DAMMIT"

4CNjzIw.gif

Any additional revenue for the conference is important. It's good for perception too, keeps us a giant step ahead of the Big 12. Cannot stress how important it is to be perceived as a stronger, stabler and more viable conference than the big 12.

Any additional revenue for the conference is important. It's good for perception too, keeps us a giant step ahead of the Big 12. Cannot stress how important it is to be perceived as a stronger, stabler and more viable conference than the big 12.
I agree but it has to have some heft and perhaps some (good) uniqueness to it even if it's an online endeavor. Really solid production values would be nice as well.

There better be some freaking outrageous dollars involved to extend out that far and wait another 3 years for a network. I mean blo w me away into the next state kind of money.

Wonder what this news does for the prospect of ND becoming a full member. They are now locked in with everything but football till 2036. That's a long time.

Edit:

There better be some freaking outrageous dollars involved to extend out that far and wait another 3 years for a network. I mean blo w me away into the next state kind of money.

Yep, otherwise why would FSU and Clemson agree to that.

Whitey23 said:
there you go...a digital option launching this year.

Heard digital network announced this morning on ESPN radio's First and Last in NJ this morning

Wonder what this news does for the prospect of ND becoming a full member. They are now locked in with everything but football till 2036. That's a long time.

Edit:

This is also very big, IMO. ND is the biggest free agent out there, and to have exclusive negotiation rights with them over the next 20 years is a huge deal.