Class of 2016 - SF VJ King (VA) Verballed to Louisville | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SF VJ King (VA) Verballed to Louisville

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...ip_offer_to_top_20_recruit_in_2016_class.html

Syracuse, N.Y. -- V.J. King, one of the highest-rated players in the Class of 2016, has received a scholarship offer from Syracuse University basketball coach Jim Boeheim.

King, a 6-foot-6 junior at Paul VI High School in Fairfax, Va., had already received the offer when Boeheim and SU assistant Adrian Autry visited him at his school last week...

OrangeXtreme said:
http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...ip_offer_to_top_20_recruit_in_2016_class.html Syracuse, N.Y. -- V.J. King, one of the highest-rated players in the Class of 2016, has received a scholarship offer from Syracuse University basketball coach Jim Boeheim. King, a 6-foot-6 junior at Paul VI High School in Fairfax, Va., had already received the offer when Boeheim and SU assistant Adrian Autry visited him at his school last week...
wow out of the blue? We got anything on him? I love 6-6 guards

So this is surprising. One would have figured if we were going to offer another guard it would have been Murray.

Given we have a visit this weekend with Battle, it's highly unlikely this has anything to do with how we feel we stand with him.

wow out of the blue? We got anything on him? I love 6-6 guards
Yeah, kid's a beast. Will dig up a few vids. Put it this way. Born slasher, scorer. Similar all around Dion like offensive game but definitely likes to get easy bunnies in the lane. Listed as Malachi's height, but I would say he's a hair shorter than Richardson. But he's only a junior. Probably just as polished but Malachi's shot has always been a leg up on everyone else's.

2things,

Tee for whatever reason I can't get your videos to work on my iPad.

Second- how many scholarships are we expecting to have available for 2016?

I was under the impression it would be 3 based on us taking. Moyer and going hard for Battle and Giles.

I kind of assume we will have at least 1 2015 guy go 1 and done, simply because of the size (and talent) of the class. Maybe the staff is expecting the same or more?

2things,

Tee for whatever reason I can't get your videos to work on my iPad.

Second- how many scholarships are we expecting to have available for 2016?

I was under the impression it would be 3 based on us taking. Moyer and going hard for Battle and Giles.

I kind of assume we will have at least 1 2015 guy go 1 and done, simply because of the size (and talent) of the class. Maybe the staff is expecting the same or more?
Not sure if all are questions for me, but about the iPad. Yes, known issue. I've had this problem in the past and sometimes clearing the cache with a refresh gets them back. Embedded ones are fickle but chalk that up to Safari browser. You might have long term luck with another browser app you can download to the iPad. Pretty sure other browsers will render better. Otherwise, about 2016. I don't think we land all of these incredible targets to be honest. No one ever does even though Kentucky came close few time$.

Just decided to whip a little something up based on the very little perusing I've done of some scouting reports and highlight videos: http://.com/syracuse-throws-its-hat-into-the-ring-for-vj-king/

Last edited:
Yeah, kid's a beast. Will dig up a few vids. Put it this way. Born slasher, scorer. Similar all around Dion like offensive game but definitely likes to get easy bunnies in the lane. Listed as Malachi's height, but I would say he's a hair shorter than Richardson. But he's only a junior. Probably just as polished but Malachi's shot has always been a leg up on everyone else's.
I'd like to think that I could dunk that easily if I was 6-6 or 6-7... humbling thing though is that I'm 6-5

Not sure if all are questions for me, but about the iPad. Yes, known issue. I've had this problem in the past and sometimes clearing the cache with a refresh gets them back. Embedded ones are fickle but chalk that up to Safari browser. You might have long term luck with another browser app you can download to the iPad. Pretty sure other browsers will render better. Otherwise, about 2016. I don't think we land all of these incredible targets to be honest. No one ever does even though Kentucky came close few time$.

While it's unlikely we get all the guys we want, when we start recruiting guys hard and handing out commitable offers, we have to build our plan assuming those guys are coming.

Who else in the class of 2016 have we made offers to? I know Giles, Battle, and I think Keita. Anyone else? Yakwe?

I will be happy to land any one of the three (Giles, Battle, King), and think it would be huge to get more than one. King reminds me a lot of Wes Johnson in his year at the Cuse. Athletic, can shoot but doesn't look super comfortable putting it on the floor for more than a dribble or two. He is only a junior though.

Holy crap, this kid is a monster. His frame reminds me a lot of Wes Johnson's, despite the height difference. Really athletic build. Great handle already though. It would be unreal if we landed him. Can you imagine having multiple shooters on the wings in Malachi, Lydon, Johnson, etc. with this stud who likes to penetrate? Wow!

Who else in the class of 2016 have we made offers to? I know Giles, Battle, and I think Keita. Anyone else? Yakwe?

I will be happy to land any one of the three (Giles, Battle, King), and think it would be huge to get more than one. King reminds me a lot of Wes Johnson in his year at the Cuse. Athletic, can shoot but doesn't look super comfortable putting it on the floor for more than a dribble or two. He is only a junior though.
You've covered all offers to date. But we are rolling out of the gate with 2015 and the early commit from Moyer. Plenty of time for a few more offers.

The best thing about this kid is his quick release and incredibly consistent form. Catch and shoot or off the dribble he just gathers and shoots so fast. He's so athletic that he doesn't need to really wind up for his shot. Loved that second video of almost all jumpers. He also has a really shifty change of direction and hesitation off the bounce. He cuts through traffic well.
I know both Battle and Murray are more suited to be able to play pg but this kid as a pure scorer looks like an NBA star who is just unstoppable by any defense when he is on.
I'm very excited to see another offer to a wing/guard for 2016.

More recent clip. Tons out there of this guy. Really impressive size for a 2. Could spell trouble at the top of the zone. MCW like trouble on the defensive side and I'll take that.
It doesn't even look like he is trying in this clip, it's almost unfair... Almost

I see what you did there Tee. "A hair shorter than Richardson"!