Class of 2016 - SF VJ King (VA) Verballed to Louisville | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SF VJ King (VA) Verballed to Louisville

VJ King, elite 2016 recruit and teammate of Syracuse basketball commit Frank Howard, considering SU (PS: Ditota)

vj-kingjpg-28057f26cd7856b4.jpg

Pay Pal Cal checking him out today... Our staff should get stipends from Kentucky. Our staff ends up finding all the good players and they just piggyback off Boeheim's expertise in personnel.

I actually like that we are going up against the top teams for some of these guys in 16, 17 and beyond. It tells me that we are back to targeting top 20 players regularly. The only reason to do that is because the staff feels we can land some of these kids. I think we will still see the staff get kids that may be underrated nationally that we really want but other than that almost all of the kids we have been targeting are very highly rated. UK can't get all the good players and I'm glad we are throwing our hat in the ring as well. It looks as though we are becoming the North East selector school for basketball. We are going to be able to get the kids from this area that we really want and only a handful of teams can compete or take them from us in this area. We are also expanding by going after very highly ranked kids selectively outside of our main area of recruiting power. We will have to beat out teams like UK, UNC, Duke, Lville, Florida, MSU, OSU, Mich ect to nab these kids out of these other powerhouses areas. We managed to get Moyer right when he was exploding and before Mich, OSU, MichSt could get serious on him because they have all been focusing on a few players in that area that were more sought after. It was a great job by the SU staff of identifying, offering and getting him to SU for a visit and commit before these other hometown schools could real him back in. Still I can't wait to see us beat Duke or UNC in a long recruiting battle for a big time prospect from the Carolina's. Or out dual UK and Florida for a well know South East stud. That is the next step IMO.

Edit: LOL I went and added a few sentences to the original and received a couple likes while doing so. Hope you guys still like it with the added content.

Last edited:
I actually like that we are going up against the top teams for some of these guys in 16, 17 and beyond. It tells me that we are back to targeting top 20 players regularly. The only reason to do that is because the staff feels we can land some of these kids. I think we will still see the staff get kids that may be underrated nationally that we really want but other than that almost all of the kids we have been targeting are very highly rated. UK can't get all the good players and I'm glad we are throwing our hat in the ring as well. It looks as though we are becoming the North East selector school for basketball. We are going to be able to get the kids from this area that we really want and only a handful of teams can compete or take them from us in this area. We are also expanding by going after very highly ranked kids selectively outside of our main area of recruiting power. We will have to beat out teams like UK, UNC, Duke, Lville, Florida, MSU, OSU, Mich ect to nab these kids out of these other powerhouses areas. We managed to get Moyer right when he was exploding and before Mich, OSU, MichSt could get serious on him because they have all been focusing on a few players in that area that were more sought after. It was a great job by the SU staff of identifying, offering and getting him to SU for a visit and commit before these other hometown schools could real him back in. Still I can't wait to see us beat Duke or UNC in a long recruiting battle for a big time prospect from the Carolina's. Or out dual UK and Florida for a well know South East stud. That is the next step IMO.

Edit: LOL I went and added a few sentences to the original and received a couple likes while doing so. Hope you guys still like it with the added content.

Well said, the kid in NC in 2016, that we are after would be a heck of a way to start in pulling someone away from Duke and NC. With Louisville in conference now, the ACC is going to be a heck of a battle! Need the best talent!

Well said, the kid in NC in 2016, that we are after would be a heck of a way to start in pulling someone away from Duke and NC. With Louisville in conference now, the ACC is going to be a heck of a battle! Need the best talent!

Giles seems to be able to do it all at 6-10. That would be a major get and exactly the type of next step I was referring to.

All I know about VJ King is that man would this kid look great in Orange. This kid is athletic but at the same times he's a polished player. I'm not sure we've had anyone quite like him come into the program looking like he does out of high school in a while. If we can pull this off we could have something special on our hands!

All I know about VJ King is that man would this kid look great in Orange. This kid is athletic but at the same times he's a polished player. I'm not sure we've had anyone quite like him come into the program looking like he does out of high school in a while. If we can pull this off we could have something special on our hands!
I agree except for one part.
11959508-mmmain.jpg

Whether or not the guessers underrated him, this kid was the real deal from the start.

I agree except for one part.
11959508-mmmain.jpg

Whether or not the guessers underrated him, this kid was the real deal from the start.

The easiest thing for us to forget as time passes is how absolutely beastly Michael was on defense at the top of the zone. The overall success of our defense in that final four run was keyed by Mike and Brandon simply smothering and eating up the oppositions perimeter players. Yes the back line was also great but they had free run because teams could rarely attack us out top or from the FT-line extended.

I had a dream once where Andy and Micheal played the top of the zone together and we got 40pts a game in transition alone.

The easiest thing for us to forget as time passes is how absolutely beastly Michael was on defense at the top of the zone. The overall success of our defense in that final four run was keyed by Mike and Brandon simply smothering and eating up the oppositions perimeter players. Yes the back line was also great but they had free run because teams could rarely attack us out top or from the FT-line extended.

I had a dream once where Andy and Micheal played the top of the zone together and we got 40pts a game in transition alone.
Serious, man. Triche and MCW were amazing together. Maybe the best zone perimeter tandem we've had. I don't believe they allowed the concept of passing lanes. :)

VJ is getting his share tonight, at least 15 points at the half against Chaminade MO and he's got a tough defender on him.

Kid is a stud.

But I wonder.

Same position as Moyer.
VJ's face up game definitely better than Moyer right now. But if we only land one, not going to complain. MM is a gamer, super competitive, very athletic. He's going to help us win games and has a ton of room to grow still.

Moyer is a 4 I believe, VJ King is a 3 with a nice perimeter stroke.
Yeah, that too! Was going to say, we could have both of these guys on the floor at one time and not miss anything.

Madbiker said:
Moyer is a 4 I believe, VJ King is a 3 with a nice perimeter stroke.

You sure?

Seems to be a wing.