Class of 2016 - SF VJ King (VA) Verballed to Louisville | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SF VJ King (VA) Verballed to Louisville

I really find it hard to agree with just kind of saying no thanks to this kid because we got Moyer already. This kid is a freaking baller and I'd love to see him in orange. I refuse to give up hope and hopefully we stay on VJ until the end cuz he's got a rare skill set with a mix of great athleticism and "semi-polished" game that I think could bring a great dynamic to SU when he fully develops!

We won't have a scholarship for him. Battles is choice number one. That's all we have with no reductions. Someone will have to leave which is always possible.

Highlights and interview coming up later tonight (i guess that means wee hours of the AM) in an hour or 2 of their big win tonight versus arch-rival O'Connell

Who else in the class of 2016 have we made offers to? I know Giles, Battle, and I think Keita. Anyone else? Yakwe?

I will be happy to land any one of the three (Giles, Battle, King), and think it would be huge to get more than one. King reminds me a lot of Wes Johnson in his year at the Cuse. Athletic, can shoot but doesn't look super comfortable putting it on the floor for more than a dribble or two. He is only a junior though.

He strikes me as more of a forward than a true guard, too,. Terrific player, but you have to have some actual guards, not just converted forwards, on your roster for ballhandling and distribution.

Moyer is a 4 I believe, VJ King is a 3 with a nice perimeter stroke.

I think Moyer is kind of small to project as a 4.

On to the next

"In no particular order?"

Then list them alphabetically, Damnit!
VinceYells_crop_exact.png

I'll be curious to see where we lands and will follow his career. Seems like a NICE prospect. Damnit.