VTech getting handled two straight a good or bad thing? | Syracusefan.com

VTech getting handled two straight a good or bad thing?

AZcuse77

Scout Team
I've watched at least parts of the last two VT games they have a good squad despite the last two games... after starting 12-1 and beating Duke they've gotten handled on the road by both NCSU and FSU. Those are both respectable road losses to tourney teams but neither was that close. Returning home will they be extra hungry or are we catching them on a downswing?

I've watched at least parts of the last two VT games they have a good squad despite the last two games... after starting 12-1 and beating Duke they've gotten handled on the road by both NCSU and FSU. Those are both respectable road losses to tourney teams but neither was that close. Returning home will they be extra hungry or are we catching them on a downswing?
No, I don't like it. Not one little bit.

We will open as 4-5 point dogs. Winnable game, but we opposite of Pittsburgh we need to shut down VPI's driving game and like most Buzz teams keep them off the foul line.

We will open as 4-5 point dogs. Winnable game, but we opposite of Pittsburgh we need to shut down VPI's driving game and like most Buzz teams keep them off the foul line.

Buzz annoys me, I'd like to give him and his buzz a DDT. I thought we were rid of him and his antics. I think I'm allowed to dislike the guy as much as many disliked Dixon.

Now is when I'd like to ask Two3Zone if his system has VT not covering. 4-5 sounds roughly right for the #21 team on the road(us) after our back to back impressive games, too close for a mortal like myself to call without more thought. Wait, were both losses at their current ranking, or did 1 contribute to it? Either way, tough call for me, being our impressive wins were both at home. Our last "road" game(the announcers said we had the crowd advantage) was a loss to...BC.

Easy question. I would rather play a team that is losing than a team that is winning. Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds more losing.

Easy question. I would rather play a team that is losing than a team that is winning. Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds more losing.
But losing breeds determination in front of the home crowd - where they just beat Duke! - to beat another "giant." Sometimes winning breeds complacency, but Va Tech plays with such ferocity that I don't think that applies to them. Also not sure "giant" applies to us.

We have to punch them in the mouth the first five minutes as they are going to be coming out of the gate with intensity.
But not so as to get into early foul trouble on the road.

This. Just look at how we were playing during the losing streak.

I believe the status of Seth Allen is up in the air for Tuesday. Concussion.

This is the first game of the year I'm actually nervous about, in a good way. I had given up but now I see what we're capable of and know we need wins like @Va Tech on our resume.

Buzz annoys me, I'd like to give him and his buzz a DDT. I thought we were rid of him and his antics. I think I'm allowed to dislike the guy as much as many disliked Dixon.

I wish the refs would give him one warning for coming onto the playing court while the game is going on and then T him up the second time it happens. He is 4-5 feet on the court at times.

I wish the refs would give him one warning for coming onto the playing court while the game is going on and then T him up the second time it happens. He is 4-5 feet on the court at times.

Coaches who indiscriminately roam the floor is one of my huge pet peeves about college hoops.

Hate when they do it, hate that they are allowed to get away with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom