Wake Forest - Great Tailgate Thread | Syracusefan.com

Wake Forest - Great Tailgate Thread

Crusty

Living Legend
We had an absolutely perfect day for football and had a great tailgate.

TexanMark picked probably the best conceivable spot for an away game tailgate. The public lot was directly across the street from the very nice Wake Forest BB&T Field. Due to the noon kickoff, we arrived at 6:30 to set up and had our choice of the entire lot so we picked a spot directly in front of the crosswalk underground tunnel leading from the public lot to the stadium. The tent and flags were visible to every car entering the lot on one side and to everybody using the crosswalk tunnel.

TexanMark and JackBauer44 did a great job organizing and managing this one. So many others to also thank for a truly great tailgate - CuseJuicy, Minicuse, CuyahogaCuse, OrangeTarheel, OrangeinVA, CBomb, Tomcat,Roger Needham, Moontan, Aweart23, CuseDude, Im4cuse. Apologies to anyone I missed.

This is a picture of what everyone saw when they came out of the tunnel after the game!

Wake Tailgate 2.jpg

This is a picture of the main entrance driveway, as you can see anyone entering the parking lot saw ORANGE! Tomcat and Mark in foreground.
Wake Tailgate 1.jpg

Last edited:
Mrs Crusty JackBauer44, Mrs CBomb, Mrs Cuse_in-Va
View attachment 28397
Cuse_in_Va watching wife work the grill.
View attachment 28398

Looks Like a blast Crusty! If it was anything like the MetLife tailgate it had to be fun.

I have to convince the wife to go on one of the farther away locations this year. Trying to convince her to go to the Pitt Game. It's not working so far.

Wake Forest BBT Field is small but very nice stadium. The scoreboard is on one end and the Video Board, the other. Below the Video Board is a grassy area for spectators (bottom).
Wake BBT Field at end of game.jpg

There were clearly more Orange fans than Wake students!
Wake game 1.jpg

Great unofficial tailgate before and especially after the game. Overall atmosphere out did the official tailgate in my opinion. Great job by TexanMark and JackBauer44 in getting everything organized. A Wake Forest fan almost ran over Crusty with his truck after the game...almost. Great seeing everyone and looking forward to next week's tailgate (and the upset).

Great tailgate! This is only my third SU tailgate - NC State last year and the BC game tailgate in the snow two years ago were the others. My wife and I had a great time so I am sure there will be a fourth in our future.

Mr & Mrs Crusty blew past us on 73/74 heading back home ...

Great time at the Tailgate. My liver hurts today. Thank you to everyone who came out and helped make it a success. It was great to meet so many people. Looking forward to the Clemson tailgate this weekend. I'll try and post an "Tailgate Recap Thread" later tomorrow.
GO CUSE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom