Wake Forest is much improved this year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wake Forest is much improved this year

They are definitely better, the question is how much. Close wins at Duke and Indiana are a clear step forward for their program, but it doesn't make me fear playing down there or anything. The offense still needs work, and the QB picture remains unclear for them

They are improved but Indiana plays defense like a revolving door.

If the offense corrects a few mistakes each week, part of the rebuilding (overhaul) plan, we will see the high scoring offense. Right now, the running game has been held back. However, each of the teams we have played has specialized in run defense and/or concentrated on run D, knowing it the Orange running game is weak as it is played (recall last season, the running game was decent). Once the O line gets more settled they will start opening holes. As the passing game removes errors, teams will be forced to play the pass more heavily than they have to right now. Until the passing game is fully proven, teams will take away the running game (historically Syracuse' strength) and force Syracuse to win in the air.

Had Syracuse executed better on the passing game, the last three game final scores would be considerably different. Each week, the team improves, a little here, a little there. Unfortunately, this schedule is one of the best in the country so it will be a tough row to hoe. The performance of the D v. UConn to have three consecutive stops, the third of which was a long UConn drive ending in a goal line stand on four down football showed me the D is pulling together as a unit. The D line has played two of the best running QB's in CFB, Louisville and SFU, and then played against a very solid, experienced running QB at UConn. They did a decent job each week, now the LBs and DBs are coming along (after injury losses and learning a new system).

We will be looking at a completely different team by the end of the season. Week 4 is in the books and I like what I see.
I expect us to get better as the season progresses too. We're just not going to average 40 per game this year as a number of people predicted in the preseason.

F Dave Clawson and the majority of his staff. Those guys are a bunch of CLOWNS.

He is the very definition of a cinnamon ring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom