Wakey Leaks... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Wakey Leaks...

Shane Beamer fined $25k by UGA.
He claims that he accepted info from Elrod while he was at VPI,

He claims that he didn't share the info.

More details here.
So why didn't he just say he hung up then. Sounds like he listened and proceeded to me. 25,000$ is a lot of cash for that fine. FOIA might come in play here for statement he gave... State employee at both schools

Shane Beamer fined $25k by UGA.
He claims that he accepted info from Elrod while he was at VPI,

He claims that he didn't share the info.

More details here.

The Atlanta newspaper writer Seth Emerson made a mistake near the bottom when he said Louisville and WF were fined $25,000 (the max under ACC bylaws). See the 4th paragraph from the bottom. I don't see how to e-mail him from the site to tell him it is Louisville and Va Tech that were fined but if any of you are in Atlanta, just give them a call.

Seriously, I am writing a letter to Swofford with a copy to WF AD Wellman recommending that ACC bylaws be modified to permit a $100,000 fine in this specific situation. Just this year Narduzzi was fined $5,000 and Fisher fined $22,000 - for complaining about officiating! This stealing of game plans is much more serious.

Alsacs said:
I will say the NCAA is going to hammer Louisville for the prostitution sting. Louisville already banned themselves from last years; NCAAT and reduced basketball scholarships by 2 this year on their own.

I doubt they would get involved in this but the ACC could suspend Petrino if they can prove he took the plays that were given to coaches during that. The WAKE student videotaping the game from the booth after it was over went into the Louisville coaches boxes and found their playbook in their. If the UL coaches weren't morons and left this stuff there then nothing would have been found. I think unless Petrino buries one of his own coaches and says they went rogue then he could be in trouble.

Nobody leaves their own playbooks laying around in Football let alone one with stolen plays, they are all way too paranoid. Yeah somebody on his staff went rogue went rogue and left a playbook they felt icky about on the desk.

Nobody leaves their own playbooks laying around in Football let alone one with stolen plays, they are all way too paranoid. Yeah somebody on his staff went rogue went rogue and left a playbook they felt icky about on the desk.

Sort of like when D Day and Blutarski stole the wrong exams

Attachments

• IMG_0087.JPG
    IMG_0087.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 45
The Atlanta newspaper writer Seth Emerson made a mistake near the bottom when he said Louisville and WF were fined $25,000 (the max under ACC bylaws). See the 4th paragraph from the bottom. I don't see how to e-mail him from the site to tell him it is Louisville and Va Tech that were fined but if any of you are in Atlanta, just give them a call.
The article provided contact info for him, just click on his name at the top of the article.
I just sent him an email (seth.emerson@ajc.com).

Sort of like when D Day and Blutarski stole the wrong exams
Reminds me of a story. Me and a bunch of fraternity brothers took a Russian Lit class. Large lecture hall - very easy class per reputation. I went to about half the lectures - they went to none. I actually read the books - they didn't. One frat brother told the prof he had a family situation and could he take the final exam early. So of course he shared the questions. Bunch of the brothers had gotten a hold of some unused blue books (do they still have those?) in which to write your answers. In this case you had to narratively addresss the questions. They wrote up their answers and brought the blue books to the exam. I saw widespread panic set in when with 15 minutes left in the exam they began to realize they had a different style blue book from what was handed out. Good times!

Moontan said:
"When someone receives information they should not be given, it is important that they do the right thing"

So, I guess that applies to Galloway but not the coaches who he shared it with.
What a joke.

Swofford needs to whack 'em. Vacate the win and fine the program.
He'll need to wait and see if other ACC programs may also be involved.

Anyone run through the options if they took the bowl game away? That I think would be swift and accurate justice. Messy yes but the precedent puts the whole country on notice.

Anyone run through the options if they took the bowl game away? That I think would be swift and accurate justice. Messy yes but the precedent puts the whole country on notice.
Not realistic to be able to enforce it for this season. Could enforce it for next season, though.

Petrino would go ballistic... :)

I like the idea, but it's not in the authority of the ACC commissioner. It would probably have to be done by the presidents and chancellors. Good luck with that.

Seems arbitrary and capricious.

Reminds me of a story. Me and a bunch of fraternity brothers took a Russian Lit class. Large lecture hall - very easy class per reputation. I went to about half the lectures - they went to none. I actually read the books - they didn't. One frat brother told the prof he had a family situation and could he take the final exam early. So of course he shared the questions. Bunch of the brothers had gotten a hold of some unused blue books (do they still have those?) in which to write your answers. In this case you had to narratively addresss the questions. They wrote up their answers and brought the blue books to the exam. I saw widespread panic set in when with 15 minutes left in the exam they began to realize they had a different style blue book from what was handed out. Good times!

Reminds me of when I had to take ROTC as a freshman. One of my fraternity brothers was an officer. During the exam he was a proctor. He came up to me and said"Let me see your exam booklet Cadet." He took a look and returned it to me. He had switched booklets and the answers were all circled.

I went and changed all my answers. I ended up getting a D on the exam. Yup, I got a D in ROTC

Reminds me of when I had to take ROTC as a freshman. One of my fraternity brothers was an officer. During the exam he was a proctor. He came up to me and said"Let me see your exam booklet Cadet." He took a look and returned it to me. He had switched booklets and the answers were all circled.

I went and changed all my answers. I ended up getting a D on the exam. Yup, I got a D in ROTC
That's no way to go through life. :p

You were wearing a pledge pin, weren't you?
hqdefault.jpg

Was looking closely at cuse's 2017 schedule and clicked on teams I am hopeful we will beat to see who they have the week before us. Here is Wake's schedule... Ouch. Don't think it matters if any of these teams have their game plan. Thats a brutal stretch.

Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 9.41.32 AM.png

Last edited:
Was looking closely at cuse's 2017 schedule and clicked on teams I am hopeful we will beat to see who they have the week before us. Here is Wake's schedule... Ouch. Don't think it matters if any of these teams have their game plan. Thats a brutal stretch.

View attachment 90257
Looks like 6 guaranteed losses there. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom