Walking Dead fans?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by SUintheVille, Feb 13, 2016.

1. SUintheVille

SUintheVille Starter

Anyone gonna be watching new shows starting tomorrow night? Of course they had to put it on Valentine's Day.

2. OttoinGrotto

OttoinGrotto 2016 Iggy Winner

My DVR is all set.

3. OburgOrange

OburgOrange All American

4. SUintheVille

SUintheVille Starter

Then that would be a really long dream. Never thought of that one.

5. OrangeXtreme

OrangeXtreme Moderator Staff Member

I didn't see THAT coming.

C Bomb likes this.
  6. FAL

FAL All American

Don't have cable or dish but I do have Amazon Prime. Paid for the season in advance and so I can watch it any time I want. (The video is posted on Amazon several hours after the initial TV broadcast.)

OburgOrange likes this.
  7. BlazeOrange

BlazeOrange Starter

8. SUintheVille

SUintheVille Starter

So who did Negan kill in the season finale? Either Glenn, Maggie, Abraham, or possibly Michonne. Has to be someone important. It was Glenn in the comic book, but that doesn't mean it's him in the show. Don't think it's Darryl.

9. OrangeXtreme

OrangeXtreme Moderator Staff Member

The guy holding the camera.

SUintheVille likes this.
  10. BlazeOrange

BlazeOrange Starter

The best theory that I've seen uses the idea that the point of view angle is used throughout the episode by someone that was in the trailer (Glenn, Daryl, Michonne, Rosita), so that is who gets it in the end. When they are led out of the trailer, you get a glimpse of the back of the person in front of our victim. Piece that together with the order you see them come out during the next scene leads to the conclusion that it's Glenn. I haven't re-watched to verify though, but it sounds logical.

That said, leaving a cliffhanger only to have it be the guy that was the top candidate all along is a major copout. Especially if it leaks before the next season premiere airs. The show has a rabid fanbase and doesn't need to resort to tricks to make sure they come back.

CuseCPT and SUintheVille like this.
  11. upperdeck

upperdeck Hall of Fame

carol/rosita would be the ones that would have an impact and not cause a huge fanbase crisis.

SUintheVille likes this.
  12. OburgOrange

OburgOrange All American

Carol wants out anyway

SUintheVille likes this.
  13. PhatOrange

PhatOrange Living Legend

comic spoiler ahead:

I have to go with Glen (same fate in the comic book). This would allow for Maggie's rise to power. But could see it being Abraham (killed by Dwight in the comic book with the arrow to the eye) or Daryl (not in the comic book and starting his own show).

screw the tv fanbase, frankly, the show needs to kill off a major character to keep it fresh. This is what made the comic so good to begin with (same for Game of Thrones).

of that group on their knees, glen is killed, abraham is already dead, rosita dies later on at the hands of a future group.

still living: rick, carl, maggie, aaron, eugene, michionne

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    SUintheVille likes this.
  14. SUintheVille

SUintheVille Starter

Having Glenn die and Maggie rise to power like in the comic book obviously would make sense, but would the show follow the comics that close that fans know, or would fans think that's not gonna happen since it would be too easy for the show to follow the comics in this case, only for the show to throw the twist in that it indeed did follow the comics? Who knows. I could see it being Michonne to piss off Rick even more. Although I hate to see one of them go, I agree that one of the stars will be killed to send the message that in such a world, no one is safe. Lots of main characters have bit the dust in the past, this is just another. The show is great.

15. SUintheVille

SUintheVille Starter

Too bad she wasn't in the lineup. Apparently, the show doesn't want her out yet if she didn't die in the last show. Looks like Morgan has a little of his old self in him, although he had to do it to save Carol.

16. PhatOrange

PhatOrange Living Legend

totally forgot michionne was in the group. i think she lives b/c negans comments during the swing made it seem like it was man.

They never stray far from the comic narrative. introduction of jesus (though the wrote him as someone not trustworthy), carl losing the eye, lady doc took abrahams spot killed by dwight in the same manner. eugene and the bullet production. negan's speech. negans' baseball bat scene. the fact that rick kills saviors which prompted abraham's (lady doc) death in the first place and his overall retaliation. we were also introduced to the hilltop and the kingdom.

carol and morgan are long dead at this point to but andrea and sophia are still alive. I would just feel like such a let down if they dont kill off a strong character.

17. CuseCPT

CuseCPT Starter

I disagreed with Gimple comparing this cliffhanger to LOST. Nobody knew what was in the hatch but exploring it and dealing with repurcusions of opening it is a logical overarching theme for the next season. Finding out which person died when there is already widely known source material feels like a cheap way to string people along. I'm not going as far as Sepinwall, I'll keep watching, but I'm none too happy with TWD about it. On top of all that it also seems like a heavy handed contract negotiating trick as many of the cast members are due for a new contract. Final episode rating 5/10.

BlazeOrange likes this.
  18. upperdeck

upperdeck Hall of Fame

i dont think that the source material is that well know.. what is the market for the comic compared to the tv show? i know 1 person who has read the comic and he isnt even caught up with it.. i know a couple dozen people who watch the show. i dont read the comic because i watch the show and dont want to have spoiler ideas put into my head.

SUintheVille likes this.
  19. SUintheVille

SUintheVille Starter

I've never read the comics. I also know people who watch but don't read. And I try to stay away from online buzz/spoilers about the show, but did read some after the last episode about who people thought got it. Now, I watch Fear the Walking Dead to help with withdraw from no Walking Dead. Fear is a decent show.

20. SUintheVille

SUintheVille Starter

New season starts tonight. Finally will know who gets the ax, I mean Lucille.