wanted -chip | Syracusefan.com

wanted -chip

rosconey

All Conference
can someone please send a big shoulder chip to the team- this team needs a chip on its shoulder-

does this soft play come from having all bigs with nice attitudes? not one ahole among them or the team-you know the type- he plays just this side of dirty and doesnt give up a soft foul- you know he was the guy who fouled you-

the kind of guy who will take a teammate by the shirt and let him know its time to start playing in a not so subtle way- the kind of guy who would love to swing elbows if it was still a option after a rebound-

will take a rebound point and be over joyed-

we sorely need a guy who says this painted area is mine and if you want to play -lets get it on

ohh and a point who can dribble out of trouble under moderate pressure

You make it sound like its all so easy . Leaders like that don't grow on trees. Neither do high motor big men . It's the way of life in cbb these days. Juniors and seniors are a rarity in bcs basketball. It's hard for freshman an sophomore to be leaders like that . Same thing with big men. If they can play a lick they don't stick in college long enough to develop. Just relax this is probably our weakest team in the past 5 seasons and we are still having a solid season. We have 0 bad losses. We lost on the road in conference play to tournament teams. There's no shame in that. We got beat by a red hot georgetown team at home. It happens . If your expecting excellence year in and year out you will continue to be disappointed.

Not sure a chip would make a difference; maybe a couple of bags of chips three times a day. We have skinny guys trying to take on burly guys. Can DC2 get back in the rotation by the Big East?

These types of years happens when your at an elite level . Look at kentcky even they are having a down year. That's what happens when you have to replace early departures year after year . Who would have thought after watching their freshman seasons dion waiters and fab would go pro and get drafted in the first round? Well there's your go to guard who can get you a bucket whenever and your dominant big man. We didn't recruit to replace them . We're playing with basically 10 warm bodies while everyone else has 13

Fat Albert was throwing our bigs around like rag dolls last night while the refs looked the other way. Somebody needed to send him a message.

...Just relax this is probably our weakest team in the past 5 seasons and we are still having a solid season. We have 0 bad losses. We lost on the road in conference play to tournament teams. There's no shame in that. We got beat by a red hot georgetown team at home. It happens . If your expecting excellence year in and year out you will continue to be disappointed.

Our #8 team loses to middle of the pack teams like UConn, Nova & Pitt (two of whom are worried about the bubble), then loses both ends of a big weekend, and the answer is "solid season" and "weakest" bunch in 5 years? Expectations that low?

Our #8 team loses to middle of the pack teams like UConn, Nova & Pitt (two of whom are worried about the bubble), then loses both ends of a big weekend, and the answer is "solid season" and "weakest" bunch in 5 years? Expectations that low?

Compared to teams from the past 5 years what are you expecting ? I still think we can have a deep run in March just because the rest of college basketball is that much better, but this is a team that lost some major contributors .

Compared to teams from the past 5 years what are you expecting ? I still think we can have a deep run in March just because the rest of college basketball is that much better, but this is a team that lost some major contributors .
Entering the season, I expected it depended on improvements from Rak and JS.

If you asked me (or most others) a couple of weeks ago, I was expecting this team would compete, hold serve at home (or at least give G-Town a fight to the wire -- favored by 6 points!), beat the likes of Nova and UConn and then split the away games at Marq/G-Town.

Didn't most folks believe that Brandon & MCW were a decent backcourt (not as good as Dion & Scoop, but still OK). I am surprised to find out that posters knew all we were overrated and take it so mildly.

Don't worry, I heard that next year we will have a Beast and a guy who drops 53 points when he feels dissed ;)

I went in thinking this was a thread started by Millhouse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom