Class of 2017 - Wants for the rest of the class | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Wants for the rest of the class

LeMoyneCuse

All American
I saw this on the Cameron thread and thought it should have its own forum.

So far we have a QB, a RB, 4 WR, 1 OL, a DL, a LB, and a DB for this class.

I hope we get the following:

1 RB
1/2 TE/Hybrid-type
2 DL
2 LB
1/2 DB
2 OL

To reach that number, we'd have to clear out as many as five guys. I could see a couple of players taking their degrees and moving on. Plus the inevitable quits / transfers, I think we take 20 or 21.

2 DT, 3 DE.

Need to revamp the DL and get players in as soon as possible.

I agree with this. We need DL and then after that just take the best players we can get or that the staff likes regardless of position.

I'd like to see 2 OL, 1 homerun RB and 1 stud WR. Then load up on DL/DE.

If we don't get Holmes, I think we pass on additional RB's this year.

No punters or kickers.

Other than that, I just want to see STARS by those names.

If we don't get Holmes, I think we pass on additional RB's this year.
I think we'll definitely take at least one more at RB. Maybe 2.

Holmes/Fleet-Davis might not happen, but I doubt we'd take only Stritzinger.

I want to continue to get commitments from players that want to play for Syracuse. (Either University or University of)

I think we grab a juco TE and maybe 1 or 2 HS kids. We have zero experience at that position in 2017. Also think the staff will grab 1 more WR, remember the type of offense we run plus Estime, Etta Tawo, Cornelius are gone. Phillips and Ishmael will be seniors. Dont know if Avant fits the scheme. Also think we get 2 more DE's, 2 DT's, 2 LB's, 1 OT, and 1 Center.

I saw this on the Cameron thread and thought it should have its own forum.

So far we have a QB, a RB, 4 WR, 1 OL, a DL, a LB, and a DB for this class.

I hope we get the following:

1 RB
1/2 TE/Hybrid-type
2 DL
2 LB
1/2 DB
2 OL

To reach that number, we'd have to clear out as many as five guys. I could see a couple of players taking their degrees and moving on. Plus the inevitable quits / transfers, I think we take 20 or 21.
What would 1/2 a DB be? I imagine Dino would want a kid with legs, or a torso. Pasqualoni recruited DB's that were ridiculously short, but 1/2 a DB?

What would 1/2 a DB be? I imagine Dino would want a kid with legs, or a torso. Pasqualoni recruited DB's that were ridiculously short, but 1/2 a DB?

:rolling:

Pretty sure that reads "1 or 2," not "one half."

When it's all said and done - I think we have a class of 24 to 25 commits. There will be attrition, there always is. Especially after year 1 of a new coach where players find their roles.

Already committed: 10 prospects. I think the 10 currently committed will be 3 stars at the minimum. Four star caliber possible jumps will be Devito (if he tears it up the way we expect him to this year) and Allen Atrizenger (if he puts up the numbers he had his Sophomore year before injury). AS has been huge on the recruiting camp trail this summer.

Here are 14-15 prospects I would really like to see us close this class out with:

DB Jonathan Sutherland: Stritz picking cuse over Michigan made Sutherland coming all the more intriguing. Already Canadian support. He is more likely than you would think. IMO, he would start all 4 years here.

DB Cedric Dort: Tall and fast. Fits the mold that SU wants in a DB.

DB Harrison Hand: Regional recruit, but is a baller.

DT Curtis Harper: Believe his ranking will be improved. Strong kid. Would love to get back into that High School.

DE Jordan Wright: Family connection. BBall walk on potential. Measurables are A++.

(Could see a JUCO DE also taken)

OT Connor Robbins: SU has missed out on some of their OT recruits. Robbins is a giant who I think could pan out to be monster once he gets physically stronger. To be honest, I'm not sure where they go at OT, as I believe they'll grab one one OL position each (and we've already got our guard).

C Johnny Jordan: He is 100% SU's top prospect at the center position. Made the final 5 at the DMV Regional Opening (a long with Dakota Davis). He's visited campus and says we recruit him very hard. Would love for Mackey to sit down and chat with him, as I think he'd be drawn in by him.

LB Kadeem Trotter: SU leads for him, and I honestly believe he is the next Syracuse commit. He's hard hitter who is better than the 2 starts he is ranked.

LB Nadarius Fagan: He's got offers from so high powered schools, but has a great relationship with the staff. Recently visited, and heard there were some commitment thoughts as well. This is closer than you think as well. If Fagan goes elsewhere, I would look out for
Olakunle Fatukasi (he is finally visiting soon, which is huge) or James McCarthy. FWIW, I think 3 LBs will be in this class. Fagan/Trotter would take up the two OLB positions, while I think Richards can become a very good MLB.

RB: I think we could take two more for the rest of the class. People I would highlight here would be TFD, Davion Johnson, CJ Holmes,
and DeCavilon Reese. I still think the two RB commits that will here are TFD and a RB who has not popped on the radar yet.

S Brian Edwards: Having some STA love on our roster is a huge deal, and I think they will continue to recruit Edwards, with him eventually picking Syracuse. If we do miss on Edwards, I would hope that the staff vamps up their recruitment in Naytron Culpepper. I am a big, big fan of his tape.

TE: The staff loves Charles Reeves, but I believe it would take a minor miracle to get him to come visit campus. I agree with money above that we need multiple TEs in this class. Keep an eye on Blake Williams and any JUCO TEs that show up.

WR/ATH: I think there are a couple more spots open for athletes that could play WR or end up elsewhere. I would be surprised to get any more slot WRs in this class, unless Hippenhammer wants in, as I believe he's dynamic. Keep your eye on Russell Thompson-Bishop, Whop Philyor, and Eddie Lewis.

When it's all said and done - I think we have a class of 24 to 25 commits. There will be attrition, there always is. Especially after year 1 of a new coach where players find their roles.

Already committed: 10 prospects. I think the 10 currently committed will be 3 stars at the minimum. Four star caliber possible jumps will be Devito (if he tears it up the way we expect him to this year) and Allen Atrizenger (if he puts up the numbers he had his Sophomore year before injury). AS has been huge on the recruiting camp trail this summer.

Here are 14-15 prospects I would really like to see us close this class out with:

DB Jonathan Sutherland: Stritz picking cuse over Michigan made Sutherland coming all the more intriguing. Already Canadian support. He is more likely than you would think. IMO, he would start all 4 years here.

DT Curtis Harper: Believe his ranking will be improved. Strong kid. Would love to get back into that High School.

DE Jordan Wright: Family connection. BBall walk on potential. Measurables are A++.

OT Connor Robbins: SU has missed out on some of their OT recruits. Robbins is a giant who I think could pan out to be monster once he gets physically stronger. To be honest, I'm not sure where they go at OT, as I believe they'll grab one one OL position each (and we've already got our guard).

C Johnny Jordan: He is 100% SU's top prospect at the center position. Made the final 5 at the DMV Regional Opening (a long with Dakota Davis). He's visited campus and says we recruit him very hard. Would love for Mackey to sit down and chat with him, as I think he'd be drawn in by him.

LB Kadeem Trotter: SU leads for him, and I honestly believe he is the next Syracuse commit. He's hard hitter who is better than the 2 starts he is ranked.

LB Nadarius Fagan: He's got offers from so high powered schools, but has a great relationship with the staff. Recently visited, and heard there were some commitment thoughts as well. This is closer than you think as well. If Fagan goes elsewhere, I would look out for
Olakunle Fatukasi (he is finally visiting soon, which is huge) or James McCarthy. FWIW, I think 3 LBs will be in this class. Fagan/Trotter would take up the two OLB positions, while I think Richards can become a very good MLB.

RB: I think we could take two more for the rest of the class. People I would highlight here would be TFD, Davion Johnson, CJ Holmes,
and DeCavilon Reese. I still think the two RB commits that will here are TFD and a RB who has not popped on the radar yet.

S Brian Edwards: Having some STA love on our roster is a huge deal, and I think they will continue to recruit Edwards, with him eventually picking Syracuse. If we do miss on Edwards, I would hope that the staff vamps up their recruitment in Naytron Culpepper. I am a big, big fan of his tape.

TE: The staff loves Charles Reeves, but I believe it would take a minor miracle to get him to come visit campus. I agree with money above that we need multiple TEs in this class. Keep an eye on Blake Williams and any JUCO TEs that show up.

WR/ATH: I think there are a couple more spots open for athletes that could play WR or end up elsewhere. I would be surprised to get any more slot WRs in this class, unless Hippenhammer wants in, as I believe he's dynamic. Keep your eye on Russell Thompson-Bishop, Whop Philyor, and Eddie Lewis.

Man, if Babers can pull that class off, we're in for something special.

Fatukasi committed to Rutgers today.

Well if we get Fagot & Trotter, who cares about Fatukasi, not I. hehehe Those 2 Linebackers would be sweet. Trotter I believe is ours but Fagot may take more twisting of he arm. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you think is the last few priorities they want? Fagan-LB, T. Hunt-OT, T.Fleet Davis- RB, C. Harper-DT Sutherland-DB , I think they were after one possible two DEs from Dillard HS. ??????????? Who do you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom